L.A. Noire (Rockstar Games) is 14.99 (1200MSP) on XBL Games on Demand

CoastalHorizons

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
L.A. Noire is 14.99 (1200MSP) in the Games on Demand section of the XBL Marketplace..

Not sure if its a glitch or not.. As that is really cheap for any Games on Demand title.. But i bought it looking for San Andreas.. Bought it Mostly because i think its a sale and i wouldn't mind having this great game back in my collection..

I also bought it with MSP.. just in case MS decided to charge my card extra for their screw up.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/LA-Noire/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025454086c

LA Noire is a great game. So many people were disappointed in it because they thought it'd be a GTA clone, with lots of shooting, etc.

But it's very unique with the detective work, the visuals are great, as well as the faces. It's probably the most cinematic game ever made.

Too bad it's not the Complete Edition, but it's still a good price.

[quote name='Rollinstone12']Crysis is also $14.99 right now. Normally $19.99.[/QUOTE]

First discount ever on the original Crysis. Don't love digital, but I'm in on this one.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']How is a 3 disc game only 6.67 GB?[/QUOTE]
The entire city is on all three discs. I vaguely remember reading an article that the facial animations take up a lot of storage.

[quote name='kellte2']First discount ever on the original Crysis. Don't love digital, but I'm in on this one.[/QUOTE]

I never played the original Crysis, since I didn't have a PC good enough to run it at the time when it came out. But I always REALLY wanted to play it. Here's my question: Is 1 better than 2? I thought 2 was a hot mess, and I wasn't a fan, personally probably one of my biggest gaming letdowns. PLEASE tell me 1 surpasses 2?

I bought this game on release and plowed through the first 2 acts. After the homicide cases I felt like the game became boring. Always interested in picking it back up and trying my hand at vice again. Thanks for the post OP.

Good deal thanks! Anyone else feel compelled to try for a 100% on this game! I probably watch to much CSI.
csi

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']How did you purchase it with MS points? I get no such option[/QUOTE]

When you select purchase it shows up on your screen with a dollar amount and asks you to confirm. I believe if you hit "X" it switches from USD to MS points. Look on the bottom of your screen. I just did this for the first time a few days ago.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']How is a 3 disc game only 6.67 GB?[/QUOTE]

Well if you think about it.. Each disc of LA Noire had to add in the entire City every disc.. With this download you only needed it once.. so thats a huge chunk of space saved..

I also heard that there are actually 2 more downloads for this game once you go to the in game store.. they are about 3GBs in total for both.. I will check on this in a few minutes..

If you dont download them.. Somewhere mid through the game you can hit with a error to download them.. Sorta like somewhere mid through the actual disc game you get hit with the disc switch screen.

THIS IS TRUE

If you download LA Noire from XBL.. You need to go checkout the in game store to download 3 other "desks" to have the fulll game.. Homicide is 1.78GBs, Arson is 1.19GBs and Vice is about 900MB.. All of which are absolutely Free as they should be.

[quote name='Rollinstone12']Crysis is also $14.99 right now. Normally $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Figures.. I actually just bought this last month for 19.99.. and its MUCH better than the 2nd one IMO.. love how its sorta free roam with a little Mini Map and secondary objectives that you dont need to complete..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']It's no the complete edition. Sigh I pass[/QUOTE]
Exactly

Anyone who wants to get the complete game had better pass on this.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']It's no the complete edition. Sigh I pass[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Exactly

Anyone who wants to get the complete game had better pass on this.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why.. I guess if you like the actual discs.. But doesn't the Complete Edition come with download keys for the DLC?

And im sure if i looked around more i would have found cheaper, but at Gamestop, which most game people shop at, they have LA Noire Complete for 28.. which is a few bucks more than this digital version + plus LA Noire pass.. Js.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks...Ill get this and trade in my game at best buy.[/QUOTE]

Lol.. I thought i was the only person in the world who would do something like this.. I prefer digital.. I can put the game on my GFs Xbox for her and my Xbox for myself and we both can play offline and online.. all for 1 price and no buying the game twice.. And then 4 months down the line i can put the same games on a friends Xbox and i can get his GoD games he's bought in the past 4 months.. Lol.. Games on Demand is where its at!

[quote name='CoastalHorizons']Not sure why.. I guess if you like the actual discs.. But doesn't the Complete Edition come with download keys for the DLC?
[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the Complete edition has all the extra cases integrated into the scenarios, there's no need to download anything.

I'll agree with you on the digital games though, I prefer them for a lot of reasons. Primarily I hate having to get up and swap games. Yeah I'm lazy like that. Sometimes I'll play a game that I don't really want to play, because it's the game that's currently in the drive. Also, I had a crazy girl once who smashed up my PS3 and destroyed some games. I prefer the ability to redownload the games free than to have to re-buy them.

bread's done
Back