L.A. Noire w/ $15 Gift Card at Best Buy + 500 Bonus Points (YMMV $48.99 PM see OP)

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Best Buy has PMed TRU's offer of a $15 gift card with purchase of L.A. Noire

Edit: You also get 500 RZ Points if you pre-order which amounts to another $10 certificate. Thanks Defendthestar31 for the reminder!

Edit 2: [quote name='flizmo007']The BB Gaming App for the iPhone shows the game on sale for $48.99. Once you click to purchase, it takes you to the site where it shows $59.99. I know this may not help but it does at least reference their $48.99 price.[/QUOTE] You can try to use this to get a PM in store.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great deal.

I asked in another thread but was curious to find out the answer. It used to be with the 500 point bonus, you could pre-order 3 PS3 and 3 Xbox 360 and get 3000 bonus points. The website says "limit 3 per title." Is that 3 per title per system? Or 3 total regardless of system?

[quote name='Defendthestar31']If you get the bonus $10 reward certificate for preordering, this is an even better deal[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I took a screen shot of the bonus offer just in case it doesn't apply automatically.

Also, there are some BBY stores that will have a midnight release of this game. When you attend, you get the "Nicholson Electroplating" Arson case.

Join us on Tuesday 5/17 for the midnight release of L.A. Noire. Blending action, complex storytelling, and detective work, L.A. Noire draws players into an open-ended challenge to solve a series of murders. Set in a perfectly re-created, pre-freeway Los Angeles, this latest Rockstar Games production blends cinema and gaming with a stunning post-war backdrop of drugs, jazz – and corruption.

The first 16 customers to buy L.A. Noire on X360 or PS3 at our MIDNIGHT OPENINGS will get a code to unlock the First DLC Pack, “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Case, when it releases. (Minimum of 16 Xbox 360 and 16 PS3 codes per store. Offer good while supplies last. No rainchecks. See BestBuy.com/lanoire for more information.)
http://stores.bestbuy.com/608/event/solving-crime-starts-at-midnight/

Click here to find out if your store is doing it as well.

So to summarize what you will be getting at BBY:

$15 Gift Card
$10 RZ certificate if you preorder the game by 5/16/11
"The Sharpshooter" Detective suit with purchase of the game
"Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case when you attend your store's midnight release

Needless to say, I will be going to my store's midnight release. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you guys seeing the 500 point bonus? I've looked all over and couldn't find it. Can someone post a link?

If I didn't have some BB credit I would definitely go with Kmart's offer, but now I'm not so sure about that.

[quote name='karatebear']"Nicholson Electroplating" Arson Case

Where is that from?[/QUOTE]

Midnight release attendees only, it looks like.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']I pre-ordered at a B&M BBY, will I also get the $15 GC?
Also, do the extra RZ points still apply if I used a GC to pre-order it?[/QUOTE]

Yes & Yes

From BB's website: Please note: If you pre-ordered the game prior to May 12, you will receive a $15 digital coupon via e-mail.

I pre-ordered Portal 2 and paid entirely with credit. My 500 points are pending.

edit: Scratch that first yes. The gift card is online only.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']I pre-ordered at a B&M BBY, will I also get the $15 GC?
Also, do the extra RZ points still apply if I used a GC to pre-order it?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem like it for the $15 GC, on the special offer page (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat241300050016) it says "Online Only" at the top of the page.

As for the RZ points, I believe they will still apply. I used a $10 certificate on Crysis 2 and still received the 500 bonus points.

[quote name='dino88']Yes & Yes

From BB's website: Please note: If you pre-ordered the game prior to May 12, you will receive a $15 digital coupon via e-mail.

I pre-ordered Portal 2 and paid entirely with credit. My 500 points are pending.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I pre-ordered yesterday. I'm not certain that they have the right email on file...is there a way to cancel pre-orders? Also, I see you're from StL. Do you know of any stores that do midnight releases in our area? I pre-ordered at the Manchaster store.

Wow! Glad they did this! Saves me a crapload of time in PM to TRU's deal. I also have been planning on going to the Midnight Event just to capitalize on the free DLC. Wonder if pre-ordering gives a slight edge during the event. Attending the FFXIII event at a local BBM netted those who pre-ordered dibs on the game when I was there.

[quote name='karatebear']It doesn't seem like it for the $15 GC, on the special offer page (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat241300050016) it says "Online Only" at the top of the page.

As for the RZ points, I believe they will still apply. I used a $10 certificate on Crysis 2 and still received the 500 bonus points.[/QUOTE]

I do see that, but then it also talks about midnight releases...will it do in-store pick ups at midnight, if pre-ordered online? The extra DLC code seems pretty neat.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Damn, I pre-ordered yesterday. I'm not certain that they have the right email on file...is there a way to cancel pre-orders? Also, I see you're from StL. Do you know of any stores that do midnight releases in our area? I pre-ordered at the Manchaster store.[/QUOTE]

It looks like the only store in the area doing a midnight release is the one in South County off Lindbergh.

The midnight release sounds good and all, but only the first 16 people in line actually get the code? That's pretty lame.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Damn, I pre-ordered yesterday. I'm not certain that they have the right email on file...is there a way to cancel pre-orders? Also, I see you're from StL. Do you know of any stores that do midnight releases in our area? I pre-ordered at the Manchaster store.[/QUOTE]
I was looking at that earlier and only one close is the South County store. I want to preorder at Manchester since it takes 5 minutes to get there. Missouri only has 3 listed sadly. Kind of wonder if the other places will do one if they get enough preorders. I know the Manchester one has done that before, but don't know if they will have the case.

With all this retail exclusive dlc cases, I feel there will be another game of yr package or complete dlc package that has all the dlc with like 20 new cases just for that package.

But I feel the game is robust enough like gta4. So if you need to finish everything in the game, you'll have to invest 150hrs. So I dont think I'll need to do buy this game from one retailer to another.

You can change your e-mail address in your My account page on Bestbuy.com. If you need to cancel your order, go to the order in question and there should be checkbox next to it. All you have to do is check it and click cancel.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']I do see that, but then it also talks about midnight releases...will it do in-store pick ups at midnight, if pre-ordered online? The extra DLC code seems pretty neat.[/QUOTE]

The only time I've been to a midnight release at BBY, I pre ordered in-store so I'm not sure if an online pre order will work as well. Maybe Enuf can help you with this, he seems to be the Best Buy expert on these boards.

How are you guys getting 500 bonus points in addition to the $15 giftcard? I can't find anything regarding 500 bonus points on MyRZ. The link that was posted is dead.

[quote name='dudejeff22']How are you guys getting 500 bonus points in addition to the $15 giftcard? I can't find anything regarding 500 bonus points on MyRZ. The link that was posted is dead.[/QUOTE]

Log into your MyRZ. On the top bar you will see Get Earning, then Offers and Promotions. It should be the first one on the 3rd page i think. Page 2 has a lot of other upcoming games too.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']With all this retail exclusive dlc cases, I feel there will be another game of yr package or complete dlc package that has all the dlc with like 20 new cases just for that package.

But I feel the game is robust enough like gta4. So if you need to finish everything in the game, you'll have to invest 150hrs. So I dont think I'll need to do buy this game from one retailer to another.[/QUOTE]

http://kotaku.com/5790402/you-wont-...for-la-noires-pre+order-bonuses-to-become-dlc

All the exclusive retail content is supposed to be released as DLC in the future.

[quote name='rpghope18']Log into your MyRZ. On the top bar you will see Get Earning, then Offers and Promotions. It should be the first one on the 3rd page i think. Page 2 has a lot of other upcoming games too.[/QUOTE]

I have nothing game related in my offers, and yes I'm a member of the gamers club.

WTF?

Damn this deal is amazing. Its literally everything and more you could hope for when grabbing LA Noire.

First off I have tons of stuff to trade in for credit. The 15$ gc, the points, the DLC, the midnight release being literally down the road from me. Ill be there.

Yeah I see it. Just placed a pre-order and finally got rid of the $60 RZ cert. Had to put a 99 cent filler though but I'll probably use it anyway. Thanks OP!
Best Buy is on a roll. Got Portal 2 from them and now LA Noire.
What's the exclusive Best Buy DLC anyway?

[quote name='scarhawk']What's the exclusive Best Buy DLC anyway?[/QUOTE]

It's a detective suit that enhances your aim...pretty lame actually.

Great deal thanks OP. Does any know how long it will take for the 500 bonus points to show up on your account?

[quote name='scarhawk']
What's the exclusive Best Buy DLC anyway?[/QUOTE]

The Sharpshooter Detective Suit.

Just to clarify. If I pre-order with in-store pickup, I should get a physical $15 GC there in the store right?

[quote name='dino88']It's a detective suit that enhances your aim...pretty lame actually.[/QUOTE]Ahh, well that's what ebay's for lol.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Great deal thanks OP. Does any know how long it will take for the 500 bonus points to show up on your account?
[/QUOTE]

It should show up on your account as pending a few days after release, but it won't be available to use for about 35 days.

[quote name='Scotts85']Just to clarify. If I pre-order with in-store pickup, I should get a physical $15 GC there in the store right?[/QUOTE]

No, it will ship separately.

[quote name='scarhawk']Ahh, well that's what ebay's for lol.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Either that or try and trade for one of the exclusive cases.

So with in store pickup, the dlc code will be in the box? Attached to the box? Emailed?

Had $35 in certs, and with $15gc and $10 in rz points makes getting la noire free. I still have points waiting to clear from portal 2 or I'd be making money.

Ok. I figured out what was confusing me. I went to the Special Offer page where it told me to just add the game to my cart and the GC would be added automatically. It didn't, so I went and added a standard $15 Blue BBY GC to my cart and my total stayed the same.

Hmm maybe somoene can help me here.

So we have to preorder online to get the 15$ card right?

If we preorder can we still get the code at the midnight release by picking up our copy?

[quote name='dudejeff22']Ok, so even if it doesn't say anything in MyRZ when I login, I'll still get the points... right?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have to do anything for Portal 2 and I got 500 points from that. As long as your RZ card is linked to the account that you purchase from you should be fine.

[quote name='Scotts85']I didn't have to do anything for Portal 2 and I got 500 points from that. As long as your RZ card is linked to the account that you purchase from you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Word, thank you much. This is the first time I've actually pre-ordered something from Best Buy, usually the Amazon offer is the best. :lol:

[quote name='xDerekRx']Hmm maybe somoene can help me here.

So we have to preorder online to get the 15$ card right?

If we preorder can we still get the code at the midnight release by picking up our copy?[/QUOTE]

The site says that the code will "arrive in the package with the game".

bread's done
Back