L.A. Noire's save system

Darkpaul

CAGiversary!
Since I just found out that Rockstar's (or Team Bondi's, if you will) save system actually fuckED me and has prevented me from actually continuing after the 9th or so case, I want to SCREAM TO ROCKSTAR: fuck. YOU. ASSHOLES.

For anybody who hasn't played this, DO. NOT. EVER. mess with the non-replay save game. If you lose the non-replay story file, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE YOUR GAME. I somehow overwrote the file with a replay and now I cannot continue with my game. I HAVE to start over.

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE, ROCKSTAR!

People still play this game? How many times can a person scribble crap in a notebook before it becomes boring and repetitive?

[quote name='dotCody']People still play this game? How many times can a person scribble crap in a notebook before it becomes boring and repetitive?[/QUOTE]

Some people like different genres. Surprise, surprise.

[quote name='GuardianE']Some people like different genres. Surprise, surprise.[/QUOTE]

This is the internet. How dare they.

[quote name='dotCody']People still play this game? How many times can a person scribble crap in a notebook before it becomes boring and repetitive?[/QUOTE]

To add on to what Guardian said, LA Noire is only a few months old, there's bound to be plenty of people who haven't played it whether waiting for a drop in price or because of their backlog.

[quote name='GuardianE']Some people like different genres. Surprise, surprise.[/QUOTE]

Another hipster...surprise surprise. :applause:

[quote name='Darkpaul']Since I just found out that Rockstar's (or Team Bondi's, if you will) save system actually fuckED me and has prevented me from actually continuing after the 9th or so case, I want to SCREAM TO ROCKSTAR: fuck. YOU. ASSHOLES.

For anybody who hasn't played this, DO. NOT. EVER. mess with the non-replay save game. If you lose the non-replay story file, you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONTINUE YOUR GAME. I somehow overwrote the file with a replay and now I cannot continue with my game. I HAVE to start over.

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE, ROCKSTAR![/QUOTE]

So it's Rockstar's fault that you overwrote the file? ......Interesting.........

[quote name='dotCody']Another hipster...surprise surprise. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Good on you for proving that you don't know what a hipster is. Even if I stretch your logic and attempt to apply it to my alleged defense of L.A. Noire, it doesn't make sense. If you think that L.A. Noire is an indie or cult game, then you have a completely warped perspective on gaming. It was publisher by Rockstar with a size-able budget and marketing campaign, for chrissake.

But that's okay. You'll probably retort with more commonly misused terminology in a pithy post attempting to sound clever. No one's buying it.

bread's done
Back