L4D - The Sacrifice by Oct 5 1&2 - Gen. Discussion & Info -

[quote name='Matt Young']I haven't played in a long time, but I'd join you.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a plan. Esp. since no 1 plays ODST anymore. :lol:

Anyone else?

Haha. Ok lets see if we can get this going then... Campaign I suppose?
Unless if we can get more people and get some scavenge or vs. games.
I'm pretty laid back and don't care if we lose. Not like we can't change the teams up (assuming it's CAGers)

We gonna have a CAG L4D2 game night planned around the release of The Sacrifice? I'm down for it, especially this Taaaaaaaaaaaank mutation they have planned.

Well my STEAM client is currently DLing something L4D2 related...so I guess this is it.

I still don't understand the lack of midnight releases on STEAM though. It's always like 1pm the day of release. That shit is weak.

[quote name='Left 4 Dead Blog']The Sacrifice is out!
October 5, 2010 - L4D Team

We have released the Sacrifice for Left 4 Dead on the PC, for Left 4 Dead 2 on the PC and Mac. It will be released later this evening on the Xbox 360. [/QUOTE]
So that means approximately 3 PM tomorrow.

Anyone having any issues getting the game to update? My friend told me that his games are updating, but mine are not...

[quote name='E_G_Man']Anyone having any issues getting the game to update? My friend told me that his games are updating, but mine are not...[/QUOTE]
I am guessing your using Steam. The servers are being pounded right now because of update, mac release, and the sale. I just started picking random servers to download from.

The Sacrifice on Xbox 360: $7
L4D2 w/everything on Steam: $6.79

If I knew more than two active PC gamers it might be worth it.

Yeah sadly thats the MS way. There is no such thing as free DLC anymore it seems.

Though I'm surprised MS/Valve can't work a deal out where it costs like 100 points or something.

But anyways MS can suck the big one for letting this take till Wednesday when it was promised on a Tuesday.

It's up.

560 for either version (L4D or L4D2). I was kind of hoping that it was one expansion that worked on either game. I'm definitely not going to buy it twice so I'll probably be going for the DLC on the second game. Let me know what you guys think about the DLC for the first game because there isn't a lot of information there and it sounds like there isn't much to it... (or as much).

Left 4 Dead - The Sacrifice

Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I bought it about an hour ago and have already downloaded it. I got it for L4D2 because of the extra No Mercy campaign.[/QUOTE]

Does the DLC for the second game offer more achievements?

I left my house this morning with background downloads enabled and it was at 30%. It should be downloaded when I get home from work unless my internet craps out on me, in which case I have already planned to murder the customer service reps at my AWFUL ISP.

[quote name='uglyteradon']Does the DLC for the second game offer more achievements?[/QUOTE]
Yes, 5 new achievements.
[quote name='draven1089']Any one who's downloaded this know if there are new avatar awards?[/QUOTE]
No new awards. :(

Got the DLC. Waiting on a competent group to play it with. I don't really want to go through it with randoms or bots.

Cant wait to get off work and try this out. Anyone up for some gaming after 6 est add my tag. Have both games. Is there a difference between getting it for L4D1 or L4D2 ?

[quote name='notoriousxbox']Have both games. Is there a difference between getting it for L4D1 or L4D2 ?[/QUOTE]
If you buy it for L4D2 you also get the No Mercy campaign updated for L4D2.

Don't know if anybody has read: But apparently theres a glitch/bug associated with the latest patch. The solution right now? DON'T START YOUR LEFT FOR DEAD ONE COPY! *IF* you have any achievements you did not finish. It's reseting peoples achievement progress on zombie genocide and even the little zombie genocidist, along with surviving all campaigns on expert (which I am still missing the last one lol). I was at like 34k kills so I'm afraid to even boot it up to see if I was effected.

if you already got all the achievements in Left 4 Dead 1 It's no biggie, but if you were planning on going back to L4D1 to finish off achievements - don't till they fix the problem. I'm not sure if Avatar awards were reset on the patch for L4D2 but I noticed no issues with L4D2 with achievement progress.

I hate how this one is also only 3 chapters. That's too dang short.

And I played the DLC for l4d1....paying 7 dollars for that one = HIGHWAY ROBBERY. I'd be damned if I would have

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Anyone play it yet? I didn't like it as much as the Passing... it just didn't feel as epic.[/QUOTE]
I enjoyed it. Not as impressive as The Passing overall but there were some pretty cool environments-- grit pile! I downloaded it for L4D2, so along with the No Mercy port I feel like it's a decent value. But the L4D1 version seems pretty slim for $7, just like Crash Course did.

Didn't play the no mercy campaign yet, but the sacrifice is really really short. Even compared to Crash course or The passing. It's also not very hard either. Hopefully No Mercy will make up for it.

Sacrifice was a decent add-on. I expected a short campaign. Anything more would be preposterous by Valve's standards when it comes to DLC. No Mercy was a nice addition though. So many more ways to take people out with the new infected -- and Taaannnkkk!!! on No Mercy is LOL-able, since everything is VERY straight and narrow.

What's the word on these two DLC? I haven't bought either so should I get neither, one specific one, or both?

[quote name='matto1233']What's the word on these two DLC? I haven't bought either so should I get neither, one specific one, or both?[/QUOTE]

If you're a fan of L4D I would definitely go for The Passing & The Sacrifice.

The original game had me hooked on day one, and I've been playing both 1 & 2 off and on ever since.

No mercy is much better with the changes in the end, no more closets.. but can pose a problem to those who lag behind and get clipped on the last rooftop (point of no return)... no rescue closets. NO MERCY is pretty fun on the end with the new infected.. Spitter can make some good changes... Charger is wasted (but i have seen rooftop death charges rarely), jocky is incredibly awsome with the drops to the lower roofs getting group members split.

Some geometry has been changed, no hall stairway to defend both ends, no closets ANYWHERE on roof. The corner jump spot is also not to hot with a good spitter (campaign it still works well).

The Sacrafice is pretty sad really, Some good work with mulitpule paths at all times, splits greedy players up quite well. The Tank in a Boxcar is a hectic spot if people dont kill the tank quick. I personally hate the gravel hill.. One bad player ALWAYS sets it off before anybody else is there.. but if you have good players, its cake.. way to easy for a new Hazard.

I do love the more hazmat suits are in levels.. you can almost do a neverending horde, get those kill counts up (to bad kills count for nothing). Some melee weapons, non stop bile jars... the zombie killing could last forever.

bread's done
Back