LA Noire $59.99 + $20 Credit @ Amazon

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Looks like Amazon just changed their promotional credit from $15 to $20 for LA Noire. How nice of them to do so the day AFTER most of our orders shipped so that they don't have to technically honor this for those who preordered. Still worth a try though.

PS3

Last edited by a moderator:
just got my dlc pulled down from ebay--didn't know you couldnt sell those have been for a while now.

edit-yeah sucky thing is I have to take a tutorial, a Q n A now in order to sell things again.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no reason why the DLC was pulled. I would call eBay and ask why it was pulled. You legally own the code and as such can sell it

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There is no reason why the DLC was pulled. I would call eBay and ask why it was pulled. You legally own the code and as such can sell it[/QUOTE]

I had this happen to MK codes I was selling. It's against their TOS to offer to e-mail DLC. They don't understand copyright law, so they say that they think it is a violation of copyright law to do so. I confirmed with them (and with others) that if you only offer to mail the code to them, then it is fine (unless the policy has changed in the last few days).

[quote name='youenvy']just got my dlc pulled down from ebay--didn't know you couldnt sell those have been for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Someone could have reported your listing. I sold my sharpshooter dlc for $16.50 without a problem. I did have my reptile dlc pulled recently though.

[quote name='youenvy']just got my dlc pulled down from ebay--didn't know you couldnt sell those have been for a while now.[/QUOTE]

It's against eBays policy to sell digital goods. You can sell the actual DLC card, but if you say in your listing that you'll email the code then they can yank it. Unless you list it as a useless classified ad. Nine times out of ten you wont have a problem, but every once in a while another seller will get butt-hurt and report a bunch of listings...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/downloadable.html

Also, if your auction gets pulled after it closes, you just end up with a FVF-free auction (you have to request a refund though) -- So long as your winning bidder has already paid.

EDIT: am I hell-banned or something? I think I answered the question and then two people start having a conversation about the answer right around me...

So is this game a must buy or wait it out for a price drop?I'm waiting for amazon to drop around $40 or taking the $20 credit deal. Does the lack of online multi player or co-op hurts its replay value?
Could we expect this in a future DLC release? Ihavent been playing my 360 much other than kinect games so a new game would be nice

[quote name='lakers2008']along with other cheapassgamers who think its worth to go crying to amazon for 1-3 dollars. enjoy buying your games at gamestop for those of you who like to abuse the generosity of Amazon[/QUOTE]For me it was $6. They refunded 99 cents for failing to deliver on release day and then $5 for the credit.

Who would get banned from Amazon? They can always say no and I buy a lot of condoms and enemas from there on the subscription plan.

Do you understand what a loss leader is? Companies lose money on some products to make people happy, and it is more likely that they will shop there in the future. I buy shit all the time on Amazon, from a brand of cat food I prefer (yummy stuff) to light bulbs. They're going to ban someone from giving them money for politely asking for a credit?

By the way, they shipped these customer service jobs overseas to save a ton of money, so fuck them and their $5.

Shot an email to customer service and they issued me a 5 dollar credit with no hassle. A few hours later I got another email saying they issued me another 5 dollar credit. So I got 10 out of it. Not too shabby.

[quote name='lml417']I don't know if I should get this now or wait for it to get to $30-ish. any advice?[/QUOTE]

I'd buy it now, as essentially they're giving it to you @ 39.99 if you're going to buy anything from Amazon as often as a lot of us do :lol:

Any price drops in the first 30 days just IM customer service and they'll issue it as a promo credit (or refund if you get cranky).

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Guys, how do I see how much Amazon Credit I have?[/QUOTE]

As in gift card balances or promotional balances? Different answers. Giftcards is under my account. Promotional balances are based on orders, so you'd need to create one to see what applies. Some may not apply to ever order so it's hard to say. I don't believe there is a universal link..unless I find one searching for it.

I'll edit them in unless I am beaten.

Glad I just went with the amazon route for this. With the GC I was able to get an otterbox for a graduation present and a car charger for only $13 out of pocket. Can't beat that.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Guys, how do I see how much Amazon Credit I have?[/QUOTE]
[FONT=&quot]I go into the Instant Video Store and select any video title. Below the video information, it reads"[FONT=&quot]Have a promotion code?" and you can click "View Balance". It shows gift card and digital promotional balances, breaking the amounts down into Instant Video, Software/games, MP3s etc.[/FONT][/FONT]

[quote name='allyourblood']Immediate gratification. Myself, I'm waiting for a sub-$40 price. I'm hoping it hits $35 in a month or so.[/QUOTE]

^ I'll also do that. Sort of want to buy it, but I have a ton of backlogged games that I could probably wait a month or two until it drops to $39.99 in a Gold Box or Deal of the Day.

[quote name='caponesgun']I'd buy it now, as essentially they're giving it to you @ 39.99 if you're going to buy anything from Amazon as often as a lot of us do :lol:

Any price drops in the first 30 days just IM customer service and they'll issue it as a promo credit (or refund if you get cranky).[/QUOTE]

Wait, Amazon will give you promo credit if the title's price drops within the first month?

[quote name='doreo503']Wait, Amazon will give you promo credit if the title's price drops within the first month?[/QUOTE]no, thats false info

Well the thing is the game is still within it's return time frame, so IF the CSR person is nice they may just give you the price difference back, but in my mind it's the price you pay for getting it early. Within a week is my rule. If the price drops in the first week of release I might ask, after that I am past my rights to get a partial refund.

i got 2 emails from amazon today:

1 telling me i got .99 cents back because of the price drop

1 telling me i got another $5 credit in addition to the $15

so thanks :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']no, thats false info[/QUOTE]

yep. I know if you complain enough they will give in but considering amazon has mass banned people before, I only complain when it's actually their fault. Not because I'm trying to work the system.

[quote name='lml417']I don't know if I should get this now or wait for it to get to $30-ish. any advice?[/QUOTE]

get it now and sell early when it still has a high value.

Chelsea:Hi Jay, I'm sorry that the promotion has been raised in the last day, but we are actually upgrading everyone's promotions, so you should be receiving a confirmation email of an additional $5 credit.

Chelsea:Yes, we are issuing $20 credit to all of our customers who have already pre ordered it as well. You should receive the email in the next day or so. Is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

I wonder if she's being honest, if so then everybody should be getting the additional $5 in their account. Hopefully that will solve this problem for everybody. I'm quite thankful I saw this thread or I wouldn't have even known the promotional credit had gone up.

Ooooooh... Gift Card credit, not future VG credit. Hmmm..... that changes my equation... plus the ~$25 still burning a hole in my pocket from the Coinstar Amazon GC I got tonight.

Dang... I so want in on this, but I know wifey will not be pleased at me taking away yet another father's day gift idea from her.

Then tell her about the deal because the $20 credit won't be there forever. It may be $40 later but that'll be over a month from now (my guess) so you would get it a month sooner for the same price.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Yes, as they are two separate SKU's for different systems, which qualify as two different items. It wouldn't work when buying two PS3 versions or two 360 versions. But one for each system will in fact net you a $20 bonus for each.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to follow up on this and let everyone know this is not the case. I did this and only got credit on one copy of the game, even though they were each for different systems.

[quote name='grifta67']I wanted to follow up on this and let everyone know this is not the case. I did this and only got credit on one copy of the game, even though they were each for different systems.[/QUOTE]

Then you should complain.
I have pre-ordered Crysis 2 and L.A. Noire for Ps3 and 360 and Amazon gave me both promo credits in each case without even asking for them.
Different systems, different ASIN numbers. They are not the same product.

[quote name='FerDK']Then you should complain.
I have pre-ordered Crysis 2 and L.A. Noire for Ps3 and 360 and Amazon gave me both promo credits in each case without even asking for them.
Different systems, different ASIN numbers. They are not the same product.[/QUOTE]

hes talking about buying 2 copies of same game. One for Xbox the other for PS3. Amazon only gives you 1 $20 credit no matter how many copies you buy as long as its the same game but different system

[quote name='grifta67']I wanted to follow up on this and let everyone know this is not the case. I did this and only got credit on one copy of the game, even though they were each for different systems.[/QUOTE]

Wow, then they must have changed their policy. When I bought MW2 for PS3 and PC I received a $20 bonus for each. Same thing with Black Ops. Have you spoken with CSR about this?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Wow, then they must have changed their policy. When I bought MW2 for PS3 and PC I received a $20 bonus for each. Same thing with Black Ops. Have you spoken with CSR about this?[/QUOTE]

I did and they caved pretty easy. I was just going to ask quickly about it and let it be. I suppose it's against the spirit of the rules so I wasn't going to argue the point. Turns out I didn't need to since all I did was point out they're for different systems and got the credit.

[quote name='grifta67']I did and they caved pretty easy. I was just going to ask quickly about it and let it be. I suppose it's against the spirit of the rules so I wasn't going to argue the point. Turns out I didn't need to since all I did was point out they're for different systems and got the credit.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear! :)

Yeah, I would have found it odd if they didn't/changed their policy...as they always tend to give credit for each game, so long as they are for different systems, as each game constitutes a different/separate item due to differing SKU's.

You guys must be getting lucky, because I've called twice now to try and get credit for my 360 and PS3 orders for this game. 2nd CSR told me there's notes on my order not to give me the credit for the 2nd order because it is limited to one per customer. I even said that I may be returning the order and she couldn't help me.

What's really weird is they sent me a $5 promo credit for BOTH orders, due to the increased promo credit the game received on release day. But I only got ONE $15 initial credit. I tried pointing this out as well to the CSR, to no avail.

[quote name='imacjenn']Why can't they just lower release day prices to $40 already? I'm really tired of these credits and immediate price drops.[/QUOTE]

The credit guarantees them future business from you, and most people have a hard time sticking to a strict budget ($20 in this case) for an order. Instead, they'll buy one or a few things that total substantially more than $20, and Amazon makes some profit on that add'l money.

It also involves the time value of money. AMZ gets your $60 now, and you may not use the credit for months. In fact, many of these credit deals have expiration dates that I would hazard to guess that 25% of people who get these credits never use them.

Bottom line is that AMZ wouldn't offer these deals if they didn't make money overall. If you enjoy the low cost of AMZ and are disciplined w/ your future order, you can benefit from being in the same pool w/ people who don't ever use the credit--they're the reason the credits are out there.

[quote name='lakers2008']hes talking about buying 2 copies of same game. One for Xbox the other for PS3. Amazon only gives you 1 $20 credit no matter how many copies you buy as long as its the same game but different system[/QUOTE]

Yep I know.
Sorry, I didn´t explain well myself.
I´ve bought as pre-orders Black Ops (Ps3 and 360), Crysis 2 (Ps3 and 360), LA Noire (Ps3 and 360) and got both credits every time without even asking.
Marker: you have the right to receive that promo credit, Amazon CS is very YMMV, just don´t fallback an fight for it :boxing:

[quote name='Marker']You guys must be getting lucky, because I've called twice now to try and get credit for my 360 and PS3 orders for this game. 2nd CSR told me there's notes on my order not to give me the credit for the 2nd order because it is limited to one per customer. I even said that I may be returning the order and she couldn't help me.

What's really weird is they sent me a $5 promo credit for BOTH orders, due to the increased promo credit the game received on release day. But I only got ONE $15 initial credit. I tried pointing this out as well to the CSR, to no avail.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression you could get a credit if you ordered a copy of a game for each system becaue they are technically seperate items since they have different ASIN numbers. In the past this has worked for me. I have two Amazon accounts and one the first I actually was credited $20 twice; once for my PS3 order and once for my 360 order however I don't know if that is a good reflection because I ordered the PS3 copy when it was a $15 credit and the $360 after it had been changed to $20.

However on my other account I also ordered a PS3 version and a 360 version and only got one $20 credit. I contacted CSR and let them know about my situation and how when I checked out for each order I got a confirmation on the checkout page that both orders would qualify for the credit. He said he agreed with me but the policy at Amazon was just one promotional credit per household. Eventually he caved and gave me the credit as a "good will gesture". Below is our chat:

Manmeet:Hello, my name is Manmeet. I'll be happy to help you.12:40:12 AM
Me:Hi Manmeet. I placed two orders on 05/18/11. They both arrived very fast and I am pleased about that. However each order qualified for a $20 promotional credit and I only notice one $20 promotional credit in my account when their should be two for a total of $40
12:40:58 AM

Manmeet:Here is the promotional code (xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx).12:42:35 AM

Me:What do I do with that?12:43:07 AM
Me:Can I redeem it?12:43:12 AM

Manmeet:yes12:43:16 AM

Me:Okay I'll give it a try. Can you stay in the chat for a minute while I try to redeem it?12:44:19 AM

Manmeet:no problem take your time.12:44:44 AM

Me:Hi, It is saying that the promotional code you gave me has already been redeemed. I am assuming it says that because it is tied to the $20 credit that is showing up in my account12:46:30 AM

Manmeet:The balance is already in the account.12:47:26 AM

Me:I should have gotten credits for both orders xxx-xxxxxxx-xxx6265 and xxx-xxxxxxx-xxx1027 12:47:35 AM

Manmeet:You will only get 1 promotional certificate as there is a Limit one per household.12:48:38 AM

Me:These are two different items with two different ASIN numbers. I confirmed this with a customer service representitive before ordering and I got a confirmation on the checkout screen before I made each order stating that I was eligible for the promotional credit12:49:45 AM
Me:the first items ASIN is B002I0HBZW while the second items ASIN is B002I0J5UQ12:50:33 AM

Manmeet:I do agree with you but they are not eligible but as per our goodwill gesture I will issue a promotional certificate for $20.0012:53:30 AM

Me:Oh I am sorry I was under the impression that they were. I guess this is a lesson learned. I do appreciate your gesture very much. Thanks for being so helpful.12:54:36 AM

Manmeet:The promotional certificate has been applied and you will get discount on your next purchase.12:55:07 AM
Manmeet:Is there anything else I can do for you today?12:55:58 AM

Me:Thank you very much!12:56:01 AM
Me:No I am all set.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Should I grab LA Noire or not?[/QUOTE]

Just received mine today and I love it. If you are a fan of film noire and adventure games...and you have the understanding this is not a game like GTA where you can mow down anyone on a whim...then I say a resounding yes! Especially while the game still has a $20 bonus credit.

On a side note...Manmeet. Just LOL! :lol:

Imagine having that guy as a friend while meeting girls at a bar.

Me: I'd like you guys to meet a buddy of mine.

Girls: What's his name?

Me: .......

[quote name='Spokker']Haha.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Just received mine today and I love it. If you are a fan of noire film and adventure games...and you have the understanding this is not a game like GTA where you can mow down anyone on a whim...then I say a resounding yes! Especially while the game still has a $20 bonus credit.

On a side note...Manmeet. Just LOL! :lol:

Imagine having that guys as a friend while meeting girls at a bar.

Me: I'd like you guy to meet my buddy.

Girls: What's his name?

Me: .......[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh. I do give Amazon credit though for not forcing their reps to use "Americanized" names

[quote name='GBAstar']Thanks for the laugh. I do give Amazon credit though for not forcing their reps to use "Americanized" names[/QUOTE]

To paraphrase the movie Full Metal Jacket...

Amazon Manger: You! What is your name maggot!

Manmeet: Manmeet, good sir!

Amazon Manager: Manmeet?! I don't like the name Manmeet! Only fuckots and sailors are named Manmeet! From now on you're Gomer Pyle!

bread's done
Back