LA Noire Complete Edition or Red Dead Redemption GOTY?

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
hey guys! so im just going to buy one game this black friday since i've spent a lot on games this year. im stuck between LA Noire and RDR.

which one should i get? i just want a game that doesnt get boring if i play it for hours straight.. has lots to do and lots of replayability.

thanks guys!

The only similarity between the two is that they have open world environments, otherwise they're very different. Red Dead is a great action game in the typical Saint's Row/GTA mold (but better), whereas L.A. Noire is more of an adventure game with action elements. I loved them both, so it's really up to your preference.

I love both games, but I'd recommend Red Dead. La Noire is very divisive. I'm a fan, but I think it's more of a rental. It's a game you might want to play again to 'ace' every case, but then that'd be it.

In terms of replayability, Red Dead has much more to offer. It's the usual Rockstar stuff.

Both great though.

L.A. Noire is a detective game - Find clues at crime scene, question suspects, solve crimes

Red Dead is an action shooter - Very fun and way better to buy than L.A. Noire. Has a lot of replay value.

I wrote a whole thing but then my browser refreshed and I lost it, so here's a simple version:

LA Noire: Pretty graphics & fun story but has "Assassin's Creed 1 Syndrome": too much repetition between missions and very little replay value

Red Dead Redemption: Fun world to explore, lots of stuff to do, Undead Nightmare is unique and fun, long rides during missions may be off-putting

I give the advantage to RDR

bread's done
Back