Labour Day sales - Best Buy and Future Shop

Cthulhu8u

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Future Shop's online only sale starts on Sunday September 4 at 5pm until Tuesday Sept. 6 at 10am.

Some highlights:
Blu-rays are also 15% off.

Some of the listed deals include:
inFAMOUS 2 hero edition PS3 - $59.99
Wireless Racing Wheel and Formula 1 2010 (Playstation 3) - $79.99
Nintendo Wii Mario Kart Bundle and Monster Hunter TRI Bundle - $189.99
XBOX 360 250GB Halo Reach Console Bundle - $299.99
Turtle Beach Wireless Headset and Call of Duty: Black Ops With First Strike DLC (XBOX 360) - $329.98
XBOX 360 250GB Kinect Bundle and Wipeout In The Zone - $449.98

BestBuy's Online sale goes from Sunday Sept. 4 6pm EST to Sept. 6 10am
Clicking on the Labour Day email banner says the sale has ended, but the dates are the previous summer sale.

Listed deals include:
10% off game preorders (I assume the 800 RZ points are still given?)
10% off select games, all consoles
25% off select used games
15% off select accessories all consoles
15% off select Blu-rays and DVD movies

The Best Buy in-store Labour day sale is on now (Sept. 2) until September 8th. There are just specials on TVs, computers, cameras, and some other stuff.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/home.aspx

Nothing too exciting from BestBuy, just rinse and repeat?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm in the game section at Futureshop it has inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition for $99.99 ( normal price ) i'm sure it will be going down but if they lower the price down to ... say .... $79.99 i might as well just price match it in store and get a difference and use gift cards and Cash.

i don't see me getting anything from this online sale.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']hmmm in the game section at Futureshop it has inFAMOUS 2 Hero Edition for $99.99 ( normal price ) i'm sure it will be going down but if they lower the price down to ... say .... $79.99 i might as well just price match it in store and get a difference and use gift cards and Cash.

i don't see me getting anything from this online sale.[/QUOTE]

Just updated its $59.99 for the bundle

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']inFAMOUS 2 hero edition PS3 - $59.99[/QUOTE]

I've got to ask: is this worth it? I read that it takes less than 30 hours to Platinum and it's considerably easier than it's predecessor.

[quote name='dotCody']I've got to ask: is this worth it? I read that it takes less than 30 hours to Platinum and it's considerably easier than it's predecessor.[/QUOTE]

Don't know about the trophies, or the "hero" edition, but the game is good. It improved on the first in every way. One of the few ps3 games I really enjoy.

[quote name='dotCody']I've got to ask: is this worth it? I read that it takes less than 30 hours to Platinum and it's considerably easier than it's predecessor.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Hero edition day 1 and it's alright, I'd say it's worth $60.

The game is great. I enjoyed it more than the first game, mainly because I knew what to expect. Platinum is fairly easy and it took me about two solid weeks. This time there isn't that crazy stunt trophy. You still have to do stunts to unlock powers, but it's a lot more manageable.

The slingpack that comes with the Hero edition is decent. It looks okay and the build quality is about what you'd expect from one of those $10 bags you can find at the accessories section in Old Navy or H&M. I've seen people wearing it in public.

The statue is pretty good. I don't like Cole's face, he looks like he has Down syndrome, but everything else is nice. I love the details in the clothing and the slingpack.

The DLC is okay. The powers are mostly useless, but I really like the Kessler skin. It's especially for the Bad Karma playthrough since I don't like evil Cole's look. Like a Sith hobo that decided to get some bad tattoos. Since you can also buy these on PS Store, you can have a look at what you're getting.

*gasp* This is awfully expensive for a game + headset!

Turtle Beach Wireless Headset and Call of Duty: Black Ops With First Strike DLC (XBOX 360) - $329.98

:rofl: Maybe you should mention that this deal includes an entire console (assuming that it does, and that isn't a price for just a headset and BO).

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']*gasp* This is awfully expensive for a game + headset!

:rofl: Maybe you should mention that this deal includes an entire console (assuming that it does, and that isn't a price for just a headset and BO).[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. Those Turtle Beach headsets are pricey, especially for the wireless ones. Without Black Ops, that headset comes to $270. Since the sale isn't up yet it, the bundle will probably be slightly cheaper after tomorrow.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']*gasp* This is awfully expensive for a game + headset!

:rofl: Maybe you should mention that this deal includes an entire console (assuming that it does, and that isn't a price for just a headset and BO).[/QUOTE]

This is, like, Canada, eh. Everything's expensive, and that's even before tax :whistle2:#

But the bundle is expensive to begin, I've seen the headset for $250 at most Canadian retailers, and it's even on sale for $230 at one. How much could Blops be at this point? $60?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Just updated its $59.99 for the bundle[/QUOTE]

ah ok. i wonder if i buy it now for $99.99 if i could go in and get re-imburst for the change for online. and if not ... how do i use my giftcards online ?

Nevermind i figured out how too now. but my question still stands if i buy now can i get the price fixed.

[quote name='JamesSoprano']ah ok. i wonder if i buy it now for $99.99 if i could go in and get re-imburst for the change for online. and if not ... how do i use my giftcards online ?

Nevermind i figured out how too now. but my question still stands if i buy now can i get the price fixed.[/QUOTE]

I take it you want to buy now and get it adjusted to the online-only sale price? I'm not sure if that would work, especially since you can't pick up these items in-store, it's delivery only. You might be able to PM with another retailer, but then you wouldn't be using your FS credit and they may reject your attempt since it is a special sale, I don't know.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I take it you want to buy now and get it adjusted to the online-only sale price? I'm not sure if that would work, especially since you can't pick up these items in-store, it's delivery only. You might be able to PM with another retailer, but then you wouldn't be using your FS credit and they may reject your attempt since it is a special sale, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

yea .. that was what i meant.... thanks for answering !

Hmm.... is it me or I can't see the bestbuy online sale... I want to recieve an extra 10% off on the zelda and batman bundle I already preordered.

[quote name='Faytz']Hmm.... is it me or I can't see the bestbuy online sale... I want to recieve an extra 10% off on the zelda and batman bundle I already preordered.[/QUOTE]

It hasn't started yet. It starts today at 6pm EST

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']It hasn't started yet. It starts today at 6pm EST[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks, I was reading and thought it as started. Ok I'll have to check after i come back from work.

FS lists DS Walking Trainer on sale for $60, wtf. It was $10 at BB in-store yesterday. Must be an error. It's in their labor day sale section.

Oh they're saying it was $60 and then $30 after the sale. Still, nobody was selling it for $60 before this and it's $10 at BB brand new.

Under sales it says 10% off select ___ games, but you click and it just goes to that system's general page. Not a list of the select games. Frustrating. I noticed you can get Borderlands 2 for 10% off.

Debating whether to order Skyrim for $53.99. I'm kicking myself for not ordering it during the E3 sale (I believe it was cheaper then). I did end up placing an order for the Star Wars Complete Blu Ray set for $67.99 though. Seemed like a decent enough deal to me since places like FutureShop have it listed at $99.99.

Another thing is Zelda bundle at 10% off comes to $62.99, previously had it at BB for 70 minus $5 so this is another $2 off.

Just got this to replace my $65 order, this is all I'll be getting between the two FS/BB labor day sales. Not too many appealing deals, lame.

Man I hate when Bestbuy's sale price works out to be less than the $5 off promo they normally have running. If you aren't going to combine the sale why not just leave up the $5 off promo... I wanted to order God of War Origins but, now it's actually $1 more with the sale...lame.

Pretty weak sale this year. Only things that really interested me were Enslaved, Infamous 2 Hero edition, Zelda Skyward Sword Limited edition and a PS3 controller. Not to mention how frustrating BB made their sale this year. "Select" games with no way of knowing which are on sale. To my knowledge at least.

I just had a brilliant idea - pre-order Ico/SotC and get $5 off plus 10%. It was a great idea until I saw the BB price - $59.99. It's supposed to be $39.99.
:censored: BestBuy

I noticed best buy has the regular zelda skyward sword for 49.99 (noticed this before the sale)

i got zelda from best buy even though I ordered zelda during future shops e3 sale will likely cancel zelda from the order if I can. if not will just return in store. I needed a wii motion plus anyway which costs 25.00 if i added that to the 39.99 that would still be 64.99 and I wouldnt get the gold wii-mote with motion plus. compared to th 62.99

it seems they have disabled the 5.00 off preorder during the sale though which ironically for $40.00 games the 10% off is worse then the previous $5 off preorders

The Star Wars Complete Collection for $68 + tax is a great deal so I jumped on that. Also snagged Thor and X-Men: First Class on BR, and Big Bang Season 4 on DVD. Also pre-ordered the CoD: MW3 Hardened Elite Edition and the Batman: AA CE for $90 each. Quite the haul!

The Future Shop server is as slow as it was on boxing day. Got my lens but it's useless that you can only use 2 gift cards at a time online.

nothing for me, some temptations but I can hold out till boxing day, its time I don't have right now so no need to buy

some interesting notes though

Resistance 3 MOVE bundle = $127 + tax
PS3 Controller = $33 +tax
Deus Ex = $48.59 +tax

Ordered a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 2TB drive for $79.99 from BB; not the best deal for 2TB external but it claims the drive comes with usb 3.

Future Shop has B1G1 on Sennheiser and Klipsch headphones. Speaking from experience, Sennheiser headphones are of amazing quality. Some of their sets go up to $499 so there's an opportunity for some amazing savings and/or reselling.

Just cancelled and redid my pre-orders for Dark Souls and Arkham City CE @ Best Buy. Saved a few bucks more. :D

Getting Dark Souls, Zelda Skyward and Otomedius from Best Buy. All in all good savings on games I was gonna buy Day One anyway.

[quote name='Skardee']Future Shop has B1G1 on Sennheiser and Klipsch headphones. Speaking from experience, Sennheiser headphones are of amazing quality. Some of their sets go up to $499 so there's an opportunity for some amazing savings and/or reselling.[/QUOTE]

I've used a $250 dollar set of wireless Sennheiser cans for about 3 years and still going strong, don't know how I lived without them.

Did BB or FS have Dark Souls for pre-order during E3? I didn't realize that BB and FS is offering the collectors edition upgrade. Dark Souls Collectors Edition won't be as rare as Demons Souls collectors. But I am going to order it from BB and cancel my amazon order.

Well I tend to spend a few hundred twice a year on gaming stuff and then nothing for the rest of the year. This is my hall for today:

Shipment 1
Scheduled forGround Delivery Estimated Arrival: 09/09-09/20/2011
Qty. Product Description Total
Crysis 2 (XBOX 360) - Previously Played
$26.24
Dance Dance Revolution Universe (XBOX 360) - Previously Played
$5.99
Crackdown 2 (XBOX 360) - Previously Played
$13.49
Mafia II (XBOX 360) - Used
$13.49
Shipment 2
Scheduled forGround Delivery Estimated Arrival: 09/30-10/11/2011
FIFA Soccer 12 (XBOX 360)
$53.99
Shipment 3
Scheduled forGround Delivery Estimated Arrival: 09/09-09/20/2011
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller - Black - Refurbished
$33.99

The fifa 12 game comes with 800 pts on reward zone ($10 value) and the extra 10% off the $59.99 price. Otherwise I can laugh at buying DDR at all, nevermind the stellar 5.99 price haha. I don't have a pad or anything, so using a controller kind of defeats the purpose but it'll be funny regardless. I've been waiting for Crysis 2 for a decent rate, just to enjoy the graphics if nothing else. We'll see if I actually get it , as it's shown just one copy available forever online.

All this for $165 with tax. With one game totalling a healthy 35+% of that cost. I just bought MK9 for $39 and Bayonetta for $17.99 (used) last week from BBuy (with MK being on raincheck as they had lost two of their copies when I went during the actual sale)

I also tried for LA Noire used at $33.99 but the "1 remaining" copy shown wouldn't let me checkout, unlike the "last" copy I had of Crysis 2. Oh well, I think I did pretty well. Any feedback on Mafia 2 or Crackdown 2? I got them for the co-op aspect mainly...and really haven't researched them. They do have co-op...right? And how enjoyable? My gf and I haven't really played xbox much since we finished gow2 and re5 and then outplayed ydkj. Still have a ways to go in castle crashers on the arcade. Any input is appreciated.

[quote name='flames23']I also tried for LA Noire used at $33.99 but the "1 remaining" copy shown wouldn't let me checkout, unlike the "last" copy I had of Crysis 2. Oh well, I think I did pretty well. Any feedback on Mafia 2 or Crackdown 2? I got them for the co-op aspect mainly...and really haven't researched them. They do have co-op...right? And how enjoyable? My gf and I haven't really played xbox much since we finished gow2 and re5 and then outplayed ydkj. Still have a ways to go in castle crashers on the arcade. Any input is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Mafia 2 has no co-op. Crackdown 2 does, but it's online-only.

The friend of the co-op gamer:

http://www.co-optimus.com/

Didn't jump on any gaming deals this go around, but did manage to snag a Dragon Ball Z Kai Volume 6 blu-ray pre-order for $26 all in.

Strangely, it was listed as the same price as the DVD, and then discounted with the sale. Really hope Best Buy honours it.

I used my $5 FS gift card plus another $60 for trading in a couple of games to FS for Star Wars from BB. I don't care for the prequels, but might as well get the collection.

bread's done
Back