lack of action in the europe forum

stuart

CAG Veteran
there seems to be little going on in the europe section of cheap ass gamer, threads get a fair amount of views, but very little replys, sometimes none at all. What's up?

Hello from New Jersey :wave:

I wonder what % of CAG are europeans?
I don't think there's many, that's why :(

If it makes you feel better, I'll start browsing and posting. I'll be an honorary Euro ^__^

I agree there should be more talk on the topics on the deals like if they are out of stock or what store has them ect......... now i know that Europe doesnt get the best deals compared to across the pond but there are still some killer deals to be had in europe, i would personally like to see more love in the europe forum.

Its crazy how expensive games are in Europe. Everytime I visit my inlaws in France my jaw drops when I go to Carrefour and see the prices. My heart & wallet goes out to you all.

I'm in Germany right now in the Frankfurt/Mainz area. They have a couple gamestops, but the bigger shops the have are close to look-a-likes of CC and BB. Let me tell you the prices are extremely out of control. I'll say only this for now New Release PS3 or 360 = 79.99 Euros. 1 euro = 1.55 dollars. So 1 new release = $123.58!!! No Joke. ps3 is 399 euros = $616.51! and that is just for the 40gb cause its all we got right now. One of the few bright spots about gaming in Germany is that there is a plethora of Wii's around here, you can get them any time you want, no shortage, no lines. I was at Saturn ( German BB wanabe) and there was a stack of 37 Wiis just chillin. i actually counted. Thats all for now.

I think this may be the reason there is not much action in the Europe thread, I've seen some cheap games in the UK though. Oh and Germany has a 19% sales tax just to throw gas on the fire, but usually it is already included in the price.

[quote name='mosalini']I'm in Germany right now in the Frankfurt/Mainz area. They have a couple gamestops, but the bigger shops the have are close to look-a-likes of CC and BB. Let me tell you the prices are extremely out of control. I'll say only this for now New Release PS3 or 360 = 79.99 Euros. 1 euro = 1.55 dollars. So 1 new release = $123.58!!! No Joke. ps3 is 399 euros = $616.51! and that is just for the 40gb cause its all we got right now. One of the few bright spots about gaming in Germany is that there is a plethora of Wii's around here, you can get them any time you want, no shortage, no lines. I was at Saturn ( German BB wanabe) and there was a stack of 37 Wiis just chillin. i actually counted. Thats all for now.

I think this may be the reason there is not much action in the Europe thread, I've seen some cheap games in the UK though. Oh and Germany has a 19% sales tax just to throw gas on the fire, but usually it is already included in the price.[/quote]

That's because there's enough game time over the landing at Normandy that the combined playtime is probably longer than the landing itself. No, but really. I was in Germany for a day before I got to Ireland and thought it was 399.99 USD (what im used to seeing) and then saw it at 349.99 and thought.. WTF who did they piss off :/

[quote name='lilboo']Hello from New Jersey :wave:

I wonder what % of CAG are europeans?
I don't think there's many, that's why :(

If it makes you feel better, I'll start browsing and posting. I'll be an honorary Euro ^__^[/quote]

:grouphug:

I have to suffer living in Ireland

Seriously, game prices over here are fucking insane. For example, typical DS games are 45 euro. thats 70 dollars. wii games are usually 50-60, which is 78-94 dollars.

and release dates! you want to know whats out this week? brawl. I read a review last week in a magazine stating '..a game this broken needs the patience of a european smash Bros. fan..' and I couldnt agree more with them.

I can maybe let them away with release dates - the games need to be translated into german, Italian, french etc. but the pricing is just ridiculous.

/Rant

games are expensive, but prices are adjusted to the market here and people generally earn more money than in the US atm.

When the exchange rate is normal again people won't be complaining as much that things are wicked expensive.
Just import your games from asian sites and you'll be fine.

Play asia don't normaly have PAL games, which is OK if you have a PS3, but XBOX 360 games are region locked

bread's done
Back