Lame One Day Cyber Toys R Us Sale w/Free Ship & MC deal

Scarlet H

CAGiversary!
Got an email today about a one-day Toys R Us sale on the website... It appears to be online only and it's honestly not very good. Mostly old and B and C titles. The deals that apply to the sale are:

Up to 20% off of select titles
Free shipping on orders over $100 (gaming purchases excluded)
$25 off $150 order when you pay with Mastercard (not sure if additional strings attached)

Link: Toys R Us One-Day Sale

EDIT: Free shipping only applies to non-gaming purchases of $100 or more. Thanks to Rakai for spotting this.

EDIT: Also thanks to Rakai for the spot, this deal may also stack with the BOGO 50% DS game sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's actually a lot of decent games in there, they're just only on sale for "normal" sale amounts...certainly not your average CAG's idea of a deal. The games that are good deals price-wise are ones you'd pretty much have to pay me to play.

I think if you're going to do major purchasing, hitting the $150 mark and applying the Mastercard deal you could make something of the deal, especially if you have Geoffrey Bucks (or whatever they call them this week) to burn. Or some of the uncommon titles that people are having a tough time finding... But generally, some of the prices they've got listed are super optimistic, others are OK but not spectacular.

Like I said, an all-around lame sale.

[quote name='Scarlet H']Like I said, an all-around lame sale.[/QUOTE]

You did put "Lame" in the title, so I should've known what to expect.

[quote name='Rakai']Where's the free shipping? The only thing I see is the free shipping on $100 that excludes games.[/QUOTE]

My mistake... For most users, it's free ship only with $100 or more on a non-gaming purchase. I got a coupon code in a following email from Babys R Us for free shipping for both websites only because it's my son's birthday next month. I mistakenly thought it applied to all people, sorry. Will change the title the post if I can.

[quote name='Scarlet H']My mistake... For most users, it's free ship only with $100 or more on a non-gaming purchase. I got a coupon code in a following email from Babys R Us for free shipping for both websites only because it's my son's birthday next month. I mistakenly thought it applied to all people, sorry. Will change the title the post if I can.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I came in here expecting a bleh sale, but you were kinda generous. This sale is pretty much just plain awful (even if the shipping was free), but thanks anyways OP.

If AC: Bro was $30 like it was supposed to be, this sale might have been better.

Free shipping would have made it a decent deal as the 20% off seems to be stacking with the B1G1 50% off on DS games. Monster Tale + Ghost Trick or Okamiden would have been under $40, but they tack on $6 shipping + tax.

[quote name='Rakai']Free shipping would have made it a decent deal as the 20% off seems to be stacking with the B1G1 50% off on DS games. Monster Tale + Ghost Trick or Okamiden would have been under $40, but they tack on $6 shipping + tax.[/QUOTE]

You could always get a free trial from Shoprunner and go for it. Just remember to cancel before the membership expires, or they'll hit you hard with a yearly renewal fee. They're getting better with competing with Prime though.

Didn't know the B1G1 50% off stacked. That might help out more people in this thread, thanks.

[quote name='Rakai']Free shipping would have made it a decent deal as the 20% off seems to be stacking with the B1G1 50% off on DS games. Monster Tale + Ghost Trick or Okamiden would have been under $40, but they tack on $6 shipping + tax.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the spot, I added it to the OP.

Glad I live in NH... No tax for me. But I always forget it when deal spotting for others.

[quote name='pulsar0510']It's like TRU is trying to go out of business.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think TRU, at least locally, is doing more of an emphasis on BRU type products and stores. In our state, I know of 3 TRU's that were converted to BRU's. I wonder if that's the direction they're headed in general since they seem unable or unwilling to have competative pricing on games and toys.

[quote name='Scarlet H']Thanks for the spot, I added it to the OP.

Glad I live in NH... No tax for me. But I always forget it when deal spotting for others.

Honestly, I think TRU, at least locally, is doing more of an emphasis on BRU type products and stores. In our state, I know of 3 TRU's that were converted to BRU's. I wonder if that's the direction they're headed in general since they seem unable or unwilling to have competative pricing on games and toys.[/QUOTE]

This may be a valid point, but most of my local ones turned into TRU Expresses, which are shit in terms of a video-game section. :/

I can only think of 2 "true" TRUs within a reasonable distance.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']This may be a valid point, but most of my local ones turned into TRU Expresses, which are shit in terms of a video-game section. :/

I can only think of 2 "true" TRUs within a reasonable distance.

bread's done
Back