Laptop for college!

That link is dead.

As for cheap laptops: I recently bought an Acer laptop which was ~£300 GBP (about $450 USD?) with 1.8ghz intel c dual, intel GMA 1308mb gfx, 15.6" widescreen, 3gb ram, and almost up to 4 hours battery life. That was the best spec I could find for that price.. (about 3 months ago). So that was basically to give you an idea of what you could probably get.. If you wait a year then you could get one cheaper, although if you manage to pick one up during Black Friday you can probably get a really decent laptop for a cheap price.

Since you want this laptop for college next year I'd wait till next summer to start looking at a laptop since they will be much cheaper then. Also I'd suggest looking at Ebay. I buy all my laptops on ebay since you can find some great deals. I recently bought a Sony Vaio VPCEB14FX off ebay for $459 that had a core i3 330m processor @ 2.3Ghz 500gb HDD, Ati 5470 512mb dedicated graphics card, and 4gbs DDR 3 ram. It was used but also came with a copy of dragons age and a g500 logitech gaming mouse.

Heres a list of what you can get for under $500 new on ebay right now.

http://computers.shop.ebay.com/PC-L...=1&_mPrRngCbx=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

I would say check out a Dell inspiron or a Studio. The studio has come down alot in price and if you catch a good sale you can get it for your price range with a good video card in it. if you are a student then check out delluniversity.com that is a good place to get discounts on laptops for school. But the inspirons have become better and are a very competitive example of somthing that you could compare to anything that you can find at best buy.

bread's done
Back