laptop for WoW on the cheap...any recommendations?

whataboutbob?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm looking for a laptop to run WoW pretty smoothly...not like a Dell XPS or anything...but just something thats powerful enough to not have too much slowdown and keep the fps at atleast 30 in most places. I dont really want to spend too much money if i can help it, preferably in the $500-600 price range. Anybody know of any laptops that can do this for that cheap, if so i would appreciate the recommendations. Thanks in advance CAGs! :)

Just try to find coupons for Dell or HP and most any laptop you can find from them should run it very well. My friends that play WoW all bought fairly cheap laptops over a year ago and can run it fine, so I'm sure anything you find shouldn't have a problem. Just make sure to get a dual core processor and at least 1 GB of Ram preferably 2.

I would have to say no to this. Not a new laptop anyway. I had hoped to do exactly the same thing (about 18 months ago) but the options I found were very disappointing. I ended up buying a Dell Inspiron E1505 for just over $900. The specs included a Geforce 6300 Go, 1 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core Duo 1.83Ghz CPU.

I've had to keep many of the visual settings below 50% to maintain 20-30 FPS. I've played WoW on it exclusively this whole time and don't have many complaints. I think a comparably priced laptop by today's standards would net you a sizable increase in performance. But I do believe you will be hard pressed to find a brand new lappy that can handle WoW at the price range you'd prefer.

EDIT: And whatever you do, AVOID the new Nvidia laptop video card chipsets at all costs. Nvidia now has a weird integrated "3D" chip that is absolutely horrible to play WoW on (a good friend of mine ran into this problem.)

bread's done
Back