laptop screen problem

rly723

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
not sure if this is the right forum to post but i really need some help
so my dell i8600 laptop dropped off my desk...i thought it was harmless because it landed on the carpet. but the back of the screen/lid caught the side of my desk. now my screen looks like that. just a big blob of white in the center w/ colored lines. has anyone had this before. is it broken, any solutions? my customer care warranty expired back in 2005. what can i do? hard drive works its just screen problem. the edges of the screen are fine i could see the normal desktop background, but the middle is completely messed up..not sure what i can do

Picture198.jpg

well, if you know any pc repair stores near you, ask them for an estimate of cost. they'll check for anything unusual, meaning they'll have to disassemble your laptop. then give the estimate for parts and labor, but if you decide not to pay their amount, they can give you back the laptop no questions ask.

The LCD panel is cracked. It is toast and will need to be replaced.

Check prices for replacement panels on ebay. You can do it by the laptop model number...but...Ideally, you would like to open it up and get the actual manufacturer and part number of the LCD panel itself, then you can really shop around for the right part.

You might call Dell and price a new one (ouch!) and then see if they will tell you the manufacturer data on the replacement panel.

support.dell.com has good technical manuals on most of their laptops that will tell you how to pull/replace the LCD yourself, if you're handy with a screwdriver.

Good luck.

bread's done
Back