Laptop Security Lock

triplehelix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hello everybody, I have been shopping around a bit and am trying to find a good deal on a quality laptop security cable so that I can lock up my laptop in my dorm room with the simple cable so I don't have to keep locking it in a droor.

I've seen some as low as like $15 but I havn't seen any reviews of them... and I've seen the videos of the key locks being pick and the thin cables being cut with some wire cutters.

Any of you pick up a good one for cheap, or recentlyy seen some good deals on what seems like a decent on? I don't want to get one that won't protect my laptop, but it's price is very important to me as well.

Thanks everyone!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Wait. So you're in college and you spell drawer "droor"?[/quote]
rofl... thats why I'm a computer sciend major. :)

I'm not even going to edit that out, that just too retarded of a mistake to try and cover up
:imwithst:

If you're worried about the lock being picked, you can get one with a four-number combination lock instead (that's what I have). As for cutting the wire, maybe something like this with steel enforcement would work: http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=ASP10US

BUT, you are going to pay a lot more for those. There is no getting around that really. If you want a good deal you will just have to get the normal wire ones, which is what I have (it was around $10-20). Personally, I think the cheaper ones are good enough for most people, unless you live in a very high crime area. But it all depends on how much security you need to ease your mind.

bread's done
Back