Laptop Shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

CAGiversary!
Feedback
105 (100%)
My hp is finally getting to the point where I need to start looking for a new one. Since school is fixing to get back into gear etc Id assume alot of place will start cutting some prices on the slightly older models to make room for the new ones.

Im looking to get a HP again...if youre here to bash HP, I dont give a fat babies dick. This one lasted long enough and the only issues its having is because of me.

Need some opinions on this model best buy has. On paper its 3x the the computer my old one is and is slightly less. Price range wise is close enough to pull the trigger on but when it comes to in depth details etc...Im not very informed-

http://deals.bestbuy.com//laptops/p...+laptop++4gb+memory++320gb+hard+drive++pewter

*edit*
I guess I should have included Im not needing one for gaming but more along the lines of casual net use...maybe viewing vids youtube etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do better but that should be fine.

If you are interested in doing better, as you are not into gaming you should get something with an iterated graphics, if you look around at sales you can probably find and i5-i7 with 6-8 gb of ram.

I recently bought an A6 with dedicated graphics card and am happy, but if your not doing gaming then the Intel are better (less powerful graphics with built in intel cards on games only).

However your a bit early as sales will start to come in during the next month..

If you dont want to wait what about this from Staples?

Still AMD but A8 compared to A4.. 6GB and 750B drive comapred to what you showed...

Need to be a student to get best deal:

Starting tomorrow, August 5, Staples is going to be selling the HP Pavilion dv6-7010us for $699.99. There's an instant savings of $150, a rebate for $50 off of any HP computer ending in "us", and this is one of the computers that Staples is offering with a $100 Visa prepaid card when you show a student ID. This brings the total down to $399.99, the same as the Lenovo deal. Below are the specs.

$400 after rebates:

http://www.staples.com/HP-Pavilion-dv6-7010us-156-Laptop/product_932061&cmArea=CIRCULAR

I recently managed to get a Lenovo ideapad Z570 for $550 at Fry's Electronics. So far, my new Lenovo has been pretty good. It came with an Intel i7, 4GB of RAM, and 500 GB hard drive. No dedicated GPU, which was the biggest drawback. It does have integrated graphics, but nothing ever tops having a dedicated GPU.

Though this laptop can handle most basic game graphics, I wouldn't consider it a good choice if you intend for it to be your primary gaming rig. I have a desktop box that I normally use for gaming, so I don't lean on my Laptop for that. As a basic portable computer, my Lenovo is working quite well. It handles all of the applications I normally use just fine, even some of the 3D editors.

[quote name='Will']Granted BB has the bigger screen but smaller HD and less ram.[/QUOTE]

For a laptop, processor, screen size, and GPU are all bigger considerations than HD or RAM. Most laptops will allow you to upgrade HD and RAM down the line if you so choose. And with all of the external storage options available today, HD size really isn't as important as it used to be. I paid $50 for a parallel RAM module last week and doubled the RAM in my laptop. Now its maxed out.

If you can shave a few hundred dollars off the price by opting for a smaller HD and less RAM, its worth it. Those features can be changed later, and the prices on those components only goes down.

Appreciate the info. I went ahead and snagged this one because overall the price is "right" for what Im getting....I wont open it for a week or two just in case something better comes along.

Supposedly august is a good month for laptops etc due to school fixing to start back up etc.

I got a
HP Pavilion g7-2022us 17.3" Laptop

sorry I copy and pasted that from Staples, but yeah I got my laptop from staples. If you sign up for there marketing they send coupons and I bought mine for 499 after 50 dollar rebate. But It's got an i5 processor and It's so worth the investment. Staples actually has better prices on quality computers vs bestbuy and I was shocked. I just troll the deal sites, but this laptop is awesome. That and I got a 25 foot HDMI cord to hook it up to my tv from my desk on the far side of my living room. Can't beat it.

My "computer smarts" only get me so far...I get ram and hd size but I get stupid after that and Im lost. 400 is my price range at the moment and Im trying to catch a "back to school" deal on something as basic as the one I have now.

[quote name='Morphx2']HP sucks[/QUOTE]

Im shocked it took this long for a troll to show up. Apparently you didnt bother reading the 2nd line of the OP.

Apparently I did read the 2nd line and that is why i wrote it. Because obviously you wanted someone to write it since you clearly talked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back