Laptop too hot... want a free? usb fan?

I think rebates still work with google checkout. Just make sure you print out the right things. I have that laptop cooler and it's great!

will this mess up my new laptop which gets hot after about 15 minutes of use? I heard about about coolers messing up xbox 360's.. but will this damage my laptop at all?

It will not hurt your laptop. I think they messed up 360 because they blew dust into them, but i may be wrong. This just blows air onto the casing.

Antec had the same cooler (B-stock) for $8 recently, no rebate, shipped free. I picked one up (not from Antec, but amazon, paid $30) and its workked great.

If I'm not mistaken, the 360 Nyko fan thing actually generated more heat than it dispersed, so it kinda backfired. This is completely different though, and mine always keeps my laptop cool. Typically as much as 10-15 degrees CELSIUS cooler than without it.

Also, if you're laptop is overheating pretty fast/badly or if you're playing a game and the framerates drop for a few minutes, that usually means it's time to take it apart and remove the dust mountain from your heatsink, which is really simple to do. Getting one of these won't be a complete cure for a clogged heatsink. More like aloe vera on sunburn; it helps a little, but it's still a bitch to deal with.

Yeah, I'm using a brand spanking new laptop right now...why? I decided that my old laptop of 4 constant years of usage needed a USB powered cooling pad. In less than 30 minutes of use that damn thing fried my motherboard.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, I'm using a brand spanking new laptop right now...why? I decided that my old laptop of 4 constant years of usage needed a USB powered cooling pad. In less than 30 minutes of use that damn thing fried my motherboard.[/quote]

They don't respond for that?
I would suppose they don't....

bread's done
Back