Last Hope (DC) ... just only 2000 copies of the normal edition ?

Pascal

Banned
The Dreamcast just will not go away folks. Another shooter is now slated for release on the aging console. Last Hope, as you can see by the official website, looks like a fantastic game. Check it out !

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-1yb7-49-en.html

Only a few days ago Play Asia announced that it had 500 Last Hope [Limited Edition] units and exclusively available to them for sale but they are all sold!

But Play Asia are still taking Preorders for the normal version of Last Hope for $39.99 (rumored to be about 2000 copies pressed in total, so hurry up!)

I don't think that Play-asia would do something like this, I mean, their links are all over the site. Maybe someone's just really excited about homebrew shooters for the DC.

Thanks for the heads up Pascal - I placed my order and used the $5 off coupon I had from my last order (360 VGA cables).

[quote name='AZPunisher']WTF? Is this some BS Referral?
Time for an IP ban..[/QUOTE]
the tricks is on him because all play-asia referral link changes to Cheapy referral.

The new games won't come out for much longer, Sega is pulling the plug on the special CDs the games are on.

[quote name='David85']The new games won't come out for much longer, Sega is pulling the plug on the special CDs the games are on.[/quote]

CD-Rs still work though

[quote name='David85']The new games won't come out for much longer, Sega is pulling the plug on the special CDs the games are on.[/quote]

Last Hope is independently being published.

It was never going to use GD-ROMs anyway. It uses a self-booting CD.

[quote name='Chacrana']This does not look fantastic. It looks like what you shouldn't buy when stuff like Excelica is coming out.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this game looks pretty bad...

[quote name='AZPunisher']WTF? Is this some BS Referral?
Time for an IP ban..[/quote]

Judging from his previous post I would agree.

[quote name='Crash55118']Hey with this game the DC is making it further then the Xbox with releases[/quote]

*than

If you are going to troll at least use proper grammar.

I picked up the LE, but primarily because it will be a rarity (and I used a coupon). It seems like reviewers aren't really too pumped about any of these new DC shooters, but especially not Last Hope and Radilgy.

More noteworthy for the CAG forum would be that ncsx.com has Under Defeat LE w/ a free UD decal on sale right now. Or they did unless they ran out of stock or ended the sale.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']Looks like the Gradius games... with worse graphics than the snes. I'll pass.

edit: terrible grammar[/QUOTE]

because the fun factor of 2d shmups is obviously directly related to the quality of the graphics.

seriously dude, why shit on the game just 'cause it's not your thing? I'm stoked thatat this rate the dreamcast will end up getting new game releases after both the gamecube and xbox have died, especially when those games are totally independantly produced. I mean come on, did people rag on geometry wars because it's sound design wasn't as complex and polished as Final Fantasy X's?

And while xbox live arcade has wound up with a steady stream of solid shmups, there's certainly nothing wrong with getting some new boxed copies as well.

Rock on Dreamcast, I have three of them, and I am never getting rid of them!!! I'll definatly have to check out this gae simply to support companies making new DC Games!

[quote name='David85']The new games won't come out for much longer, Sega is pulling the plug on the special CDs the games are on.[/QUOTE]
This is an unconfirmed (?) report because Dreamcast-Scene claims to know insiders that know Sega is only conisidering it. Something similar happened a little while ago, but developers asked Sega to keep the format because it's incredibly easy to port a Naomi title given Naomi and Dreamcast's similarities.
My thoughts on the matter? Naomi and Triforce still use this media and until the new Naomi board comes out, I think GDROM is here to stay until the new board comes out.

Don't worry, if you miss out on the Dreamcast run, it will be out on Neo Geo CD later. If you think 2000 is low, they only made 60 Neo Geo cartridges.

This is a pretty good shooter, its graphics are limited since its a direct port from the Neo Geo version, but since when did graphics become the prime consideration of how good a 2d shooter is? Its been compared to Pulstar and R-Type.

The negativity here is stifling... Besides, since when has a static screenshot EVER been a good indicator of how a 2D game looks in terms of animation?

Even if it is a "glorified homebrew," what's so bad about that? I know this is "Cheapassgamer.com," and I can understand why not everyone would want to buy a game (trust me, I doubt they'll have problems selling 2500 copies), but some people just love certain systems and will support active development on them. I bought many a late/independent release for the Atari Jaguar (which were far more expensive thanks to the fact that they were on carts; just look at how much some Neo Geo AES carts were sold for), simply because I liked the system and wanted to support those who would bring more titles to it. It's not for everyone, but it really doesn't have to be. It's a niche, and not a bad one at that. I'm in for one OP...

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']And while xbox live arcade has wound up with a steady stream of solid shmups[/QUOTE]

Wait what? I'm still waiting for this to happen! Geometry Wars is awesome, of course, but there's not all that much to choose from. But I recently bought Assault Heroes, which is a fantastic shmup. True shmups in HD = mana from heaven.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Wait what? I'm still waiting for this to happen! Geometry Wars is awesome, of course, but there's not all that much to choose from. But I recently bought Assault Heroes, which is a fantastic shmup. True shmups in HD = mana from heaven.[/QUOTE]

Well, i tend to roll in the re-releases into the count as i play them a hell of a lot. Robotron and crystal quest in particular.

Though you are correct in that truly new shmups are still too few in number but the next mutant storm looks like it might well be worth a purchase.

And I really, really want to see some fixed fire type shmups like r type and gradius. Using the dual stick config is all well and good as it has given us some quality shooting action, but I still miss that threading the needle feeling that comes from some of the traditional style.

Basically though i'm just waiting for the ikaruga team's next 360 project to make my eye balls bleed.

[quote name='fairtrade']I picked up the LE, but primarily because it will be a rarity (and I used a coupon). It seems like reviewers aren't really too pumped about any of these new DC shooters, but especially not Last Hope and Radilgy.

More noteworthy for the CAG forum would be that ncsx.com has Under Defeat LE w/ a free UD decal on sale right now. Or they did unless they ran out of stock or ended the sale.[/QUOTE]

It's still in stock apparently. Under Defeat is my favorite shooter on the Dreamcast (yes, even over Ikaruga) and ranks near the top of my favorite shooters ever. It's fairly pricy at NCSX but the game is GREAT.

The Under Defeat LE is pricy wherever you buy it though. Plus play-asia.com has been out of stock for a while and they charged even more (more expensive shipping as well + probably no free decal). The P-A coupon codes couldn't even come close to making it cheaper.

Next I'm debating getting the Exelica (Excelica?) LE. I seem to remember that one is something crazy like $80. Might have to wait for a cheap copy to pop up somewhere.

[quote name='fairtrade']The Under Defeat LE is pricy wherever you buy it though. Plus play-asia.com has been out of stock for a while and they charged even more (more expensive shipping as well + probably no free decal). The P-A coupon codes couldn't even come close to making it cheaper.

Next I'm debating getting the Exelica (Excelica?) LE. I seem to remember that one is something crazy like $80. Might have to wait for a cheap copy to pop up somewhere.[/QUOTE]
Playasia has the LE and then the Sega Direct LE with MORE stuff for 99.99. I actually went through Segagagadomain.com-- got the Sega Direct LE for the same amount of money plus a free DVD he's adding in.

Is ncsx any good? I might buy some stuff from them. Are they as reliable as play-asia? I know I have no problems with play-asia when I order from them.

[quote name='addicted2games']Is ncsx any good? I might buy some stuff from them. Are they as reliable as play-asia? I know I have no problems with play-asia when I order from them.[/QUOTE]

NCSX has expensive shipping if you are only buying one item. They are VERY reliable, with faster shipping cause they are in NY, but I think the cheapest shipping option is $8.

If you're buying more than one thing, it stays around that $8, though.

[quote name='Roufuss']NCSX has expensive shipping if you are only buying one item. They are VERY reliable, with faster shipping cause they are in NY, but I think the cheapest shipping option is $8.

If you're buying more than one thing, it stays around that $8, though.[/QUOTE]
so it kinda kills the sale price they have on Under Defeat LE right now, doesnt it?

*edit* ok, I just read the rest of your post. Maybe I should find some other great import shooters too. I already have Border Down, Trizeal, Zero Gunner 2, Ikaruga. any suggestions? anyone?

I'm a huge Dreamcast fan. I would love to have one of the new games for it. But its $40 and I've played better looking games on the net.

i think the game becomes very high bids on ebay in the future ! So every LH copie is very expensive in the future !

[quote name='Pascal']i think the game becomes very high bids on ebay in the future ! So every LH copie is very expensive in the future ![/QUOTE]
It certainly helps their collectability that every LE copy has their number hand written on the spinecard.

He's right. Shipping was actually $8.63. It must have been P-A that had cheap econo shipping. My bad.

[quote name='Roufuss']NCSX has expensive shipping if you are only buying one item. They are VERY reliable, with faster shipping cause they are in NY, but I think the cheapest shipping option is $8.

If you're buying more than one thing, it stays around that $8, though.[/quote]

[quote name='fairtrade']He's right. Shipping was actually $8.63. It must have been P-A that had cheap econo shipping. My bad.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's tradeoff, really. P-A has very cheap econo shipping, but it takes anywhere from 1 - 3 weeks to get your package since it's coming from Asia.

NCSX has more expensive UPS shipping, but you'll get your package in 3 - 4 days.

I've also noticed NCSX has problems keeping things in stock lately, as well, while P-A has a very ample supply of products.

1-3 weeks? Guess I won't be playing Last Hope or Hokuto no Ken for a while.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, it's tradeoff, really. P-A has very cheap econo shipping, but it takes anywhere from 1 - 3 weeks to get your package since it's coming from Asia.

NCSX has more expensive UPS shipping, but you'll get your package in 3 - 4 days.

I've also noticed NCSX has problems keeping things in stock lately, as well, while P-A has a very ample supply of products.[/quote]

[quote name='fairtrade']1-3 weeks? Guess I won't be playing Last Hope or Hokuto no Ken for a while.[/QUOTE]

I've had some packages take a week, I've had some take 2 1/2... they are shipping from Asia, and it's the cheapest shipping, so don't expect alot. If you want them relatively soonish, just upgrade the shipping. I don't mind waiting, though.

In my experience, pre-orders generally take a week. For other stuff (or if you pre-order using a box), 1-3 weeks sounds right. For items that are supposed to ship in a week, expect 2 weeks to 2 months.

Meh. Actually I shouldn't be worried about it. I used to order stuff w/ el cheapo shipping from Lik-Sang all the time and it would get here in something crazy like 1-2 days in most cases. Except in some rare cases it's always like that w/ shipping from HK for me for some reason, don't know why. I don't see why this time would be any different.

YMMV when it comes to speed of delivery I guess.

Hobbylink Japan used to do that. They wait till they have a bunch of orders to ship, then they ship it all at once as a bulk shipment to save costs. Sometimes you get your stuff in a week, sometimes a month.

I haven't ordered from them in a while though, so maybe its better now.

People still homebrew games for 8-bit systems. Why shit on the DC? It's a great system, I love mine- I got it on launch day, back before a console launch was complete bullsh!t madness. Good times...

Okay for everyone who ordered it and ask when it is shipped out ...

I have received a mail from the developers that the normal edition ist shipped today to play asia so it arrives in a few day in a limited stock!!!

bread's done
Back