Last OTT of 2010, I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chika']Yes.

--------------

I might finally have a reason as to why I'm constantly sick. The doctor is thinking it's an autoimmune disease which causes respiratory and nasal symptoms, along with rashes and stomach issues - related to HLA b27. That about sums up my life. I go for all sorts of fun blood work tomorrow. Just in case the genetic testing is negative, he's got me on antibiotic because the other possibility is that it's a mycoplasmic pneumonia that has been lingering in my system for years, breeding drug resistance. Sounds like either way is going to be fun to treat.[/QUOTE]

I keep trying to click to enlarge your avatar. :b

[quote name='Maklershed']I keep trying to click to enlarge your avatar. :b[/QUOTE]

I did not try and do the exact same thing. Nope. Not at all.

2qn8vud.jpg

[quote name='munch']Does anyone have AT&T u-verse for internet? How's Live on it?[/QUOTE]

So far it's good but not great, unless we have two HDTVs streaming or one on and my wife is surfing while I play; Even though I have QoS it still has issues then. (In fairness I was spoiled with my old DSL service- until our area's backbone was redone for our area nodes I was getting unbelievable pings).

Some people I know have had latency issues with Uverse but I've been lucky there.

You won't be selected as multiplayer host much, IME anyway.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']So far it's good but not great, unless we have two HDTVs streaming or one on and my wife is surfing while I play; Even though I have QoS it still has issues then. (In fairness I was spoiled with my old DSL service- until our area's backbone was redone for our area nodes I was getting unbelievable pings).

Some people I know have had latency issues with Uverse but I've been lucky there.

You won't be selected as multiplayer host much, IME anyway.[/QUOTE]

Can't be worse than Time Warner Cable.

Munch:

STAY AWAY FROM AT&T U-VERSE!!!

When I was at my dad's house with the U-Verse, certain downloads maxed out at 350kB/s, a fifth of the speed I get with Cuntcast.

[quote name='manthing']Munch:

When I was at my dad's house with the U-Verse, certain downloads maxed out at 350kB/s, a fifth of the speed I get with Cuntcast.
[/QUOTE]

is capslock stuck or are you just happy to see me?

[quote name='Chika']is capslock stuck or are you just happy to see me?[/QUOTE]

A little from column A, a little from column B

Grampa4.gif

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Can't be worse than Time Warner Cable.[/QUOTE]

All in all, it's still a 100% better experience than my comcast and DSL service was.

[quote name='manthing']Munch:

[/QUOTE]

I've read accusations of bandwidth throttling but I've had none using netflix, hulu or stuff I've attempted to-Rent :cool:. FWIW, my neighbor's comcast has experienced off and on blockages of netflix, (the site loads but unwatchable streaming) but that's not really news to anyone.

Manthing, did you have two (or more) HDTV's or a computer online while you were having that problem?

FWIW, I am not using the 2-wire router and am instead running my internet through my old DGL-4500 so that might have something to do with my performance.

I'd check DSL reports' U-verse forums and see if anyone local has posted any experience and tests, outside the typical puffery or OMFG-I-CAN'T-SET-THIS-UP stuff.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']
Manthing, did you have two (or more) HDTV's or a computer online while you were having that problem?

FWIW, I am not using the 2-wire router and am instead running my internet through my old DGL-4500 so that might have something to do with my performance.
[/QUOTE]

They had the 2WIRE router/modem, and didn't have HDTV service.

There at most 3 SDTVs going, probably some DVRing, and just the one laptop I was using.

It might've been just their service, as I'd get the 'too many TVs are in use, press OK to continue' message when I was trying to watch TV in the guestroom when they were taping something.

U-verse does have some issues compared to what I've read about FiOS or seen with the Optilink fiber bundle at my parents. My problems were with the free 2wire router/HUB/centralized MF device and I got everything workable for all of our general networking needs.
The latency I've tweaked down to 40-70ms (which I've had much better) in most tests but it is often more unstable than DSL or other fiber.

I'm still satisfied compared to all my other broadband/cable exp. I've seen better . . . just not where I live.

The Off-Topic forum's been overrun by a lot of stupid threads.

Edit: Nevermind, the GGT is full of the stupidest shit on CAG. They need to be shut down again.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Off-Topic forum's been overrun by a lot of stupid threads.

Edit: Nevermind, the GGT is full of the stupidest shit on CAG. They need to be shut down again.[/QUOTE]

Love you guys too

72935386-fd07-4553-8955-db2aa88b9fc5_b.jpg

[quote name='TheRock88']Haha, why was Preston temp banned?[/QUOTE]
GGTers were posting a bunch of images and some of the pics(?) were screwing up the page. Shrike temp banned everyone who was doing it.

[quote name='lordwow']New Year's Eve is a lot less cool when you stay up till midnight every other day of the year too.[/QUOTE]

But you get to see a giant, glowing ball drop down!!!!!

[quote name='craven_fiend']But you get to see a giant, glowing ball drop down!!!!![/QUOTE]

This has always been the lamest New Year's "event" ever.
Such a fucking disappointment.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This has always been the lamest New Year's "event" ever.
Such a fucking disappointment.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. I think it's only something special to younger kids, because they can stay up and watch the ball drop and be amazed. That will be the main reason we watch it drop in the next 10 or so years, as a treat to the kids....

New Year's Eve just means another year has gone by the wayside. Nothing too special about that, as most "resolutions" never happen.

I guess we should get a start on our resolutions then. Mine is to not make a resolution this year.

Dammit.

I just found out that the hybrid battery on my Civic needs to be replaced for the low, low price of only $3800. Happy fuck'n New Year to me....

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, the others were slacking. >_<

I think the General Gaming OTT goes through about 6 threads in the time it takes the OTT to turn over once.[/QUOTE]
Ug. So sad.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Because I can't waste my money on booze and the Steam sale.[/QUOTE]Just walk everywhere. You can still get fucked up and buy cheap games.

Got an email from our CEO last night at 11:30 to tell us all that we're now open on New Year's Day after being scheduled to be closed. That's kind of fucking insane, no?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']JJSP...buy my tickets for West Side Story for tomorrow night and surprise your GF :D[/QUOTE]
That's the best part - my girlfriend is in Texas till Sunday. More importantly, no.

[quote name='JJSP']Got an email from our CEO last night at 11:30 to tell us all that we're now open on New Year's Day after being scheduled to be closed. That's kind of fucking insane, no?[/QUOTE]

Where do you work?

Still gotta fix the heater/AC in my car. My friend says it might be the compressor. I'm afraid if I take it to a mechanic I might get F'ed in the A. :(

Gotdang, I need my tax refund pronto. :(

No matter how good the remake of True Grit may be, I will never be able to bring myself to watch it. My grandfather was a huge John Wayne fan and True Grit was one of his favorites -- maybe his all time favorite. I've seen that movie enough as a kid that I'd not be able to objectively watch the new film and enjoy it -- my nostalgia would be kicking and screaming the whole time. Good or not, I still wish they had just left it alone.

[quote name='JJSP']Got an email from our CEO last night at 11:30 to tell us all that we're now open on New Year's Day after being scheduled to be closed. That's kind of fucking insane, no?[/QUOTE]
Tell Lumberg to go fuck himself.

Of course my boyfriend would be late from work and then want to stop and get food while I've been waiting in a lace cami for like 2 hours. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back