Last Rebellion

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!
So anyone actually getting this game?

Just found out that it was going to be an action rpg but half way through the developers changed it to turn base. Seems like it would have been better as action rpg @_@

comes out the 23. not sure if i'll pick up @_@

I actually prefer turn based, i think i'll hold on to my Amazon pre-order (it was way back last year when a fellow CAG posted in the deal forum at the $39.99 price. Oh yeah, back then the ECA thing was working too.)

I don't think it looks like crap, but yeah, the reviews are not stellar. Well, believe it or not, most of the games i actually enjoy have mediocre or less stellar reviews. I guess, trophy collecting is a good virtue, it actually makes you play the game enough to like it or at least get use to it a bit. Oh yeah, i don't give a rat ass about what the Japanese gamers think. They love that sushi thing, well, not me.

I don't think i'll be getting it at launch, probably wait til it drops a few even if it takes a while.

[quote name='Serpentor']I actually prefer turn based, i think i'll hold on to my Amazon pre-order (it was way back last year when a fellow CAG posted in the deal forum at the $39.99 price. Oh yeah, back then the ECA thing was working too.)

I don't think it looks like crap, but yeah, the reviews are not stellar. Well, believe it or not, most of the games i actually enjoy have mediocre or less stellar reviews. I guess, trophy collecting is a good virtue, it actually makes you play the game enough to like it or at least get use to it a bit. Oh yeah, i don't give a rat ass about what the Japanese gamers think. They love that sushi thing, well, not me.[/QUOTE]

yeah I'm having trouble deciding whether to keep my pre-order or not. I also have it with eca discount so it'll be like $35 but still not sure.

I also don't care for reviews. Hell if i had paid attention to the reviews wkc was getting I would have missed out on an awesome game! Plus I also tend to like the stuff others don't highly like. Drakengard is my favorite game! ^_^

I can get past crappy gameplay or unusual gameplay if the story is good but there's not a lot of info about the game. I don't want to spoil it but may have to read a bigger summary for the plot in order to decide if story will be worth the purchase >.< also I really like the art for it

I pre-ordered it when it was only 39.99 with ECA, so I'll probably keep the pre-order even though I'm sure it will be a $10 game but I'm a sucker for RPG's. I do not care about the graphics, but i hope the gameplay is fun.

The one review I could find on this game complained about the use of pictures (instead of animations) in telling the story, voice acting, and slowness of battle. I happen to prefer turn based, I'm used to poor voice acting in JRPGs and considering how few copies will be made and sold it's unreasonable to expect high-quality animations in a game like this. Besides, I'm totally used to this style of storytelling (most if not all NIS games use it).

That said I wouldn't pay $50 for it. My two preorders at $34 stay.

So this game is a limited release? If so, that's another reason not to cancel the pre-order :)

Nitwit, you pre-ordered two? Man...

The only negative in the list is SLOWNESS of battle, i'm hoping it's not SLOW due to loading... That, i can't tolerate. Picture vs. Animation, not a problem for me.

[quote name='Serpentor']So this game is a limited release? If so, that's another reason not to cancel the pre-order :)

Nitwit, you pre-ordered two? Man...

The only negative in the list is SLOWNESS of battle, i'm hoping it's not SLOW due to loading... That, i can't tolerate. Picture vs. Animation, not a problem for me.[/QUOTE]

That the game will become scarce is just my assumption, which I made mainly because I think this game is targeted at a niche audience. I got two because I like to have one sealed (I have a sealed copies of most of their PS2 and PS3 releases).

The slowness the reviewer complained about was caused by targeting body parts, not loading. He said the battle was "unnecessarily complicated", which to me is a plus.

Thanks Nitwit, for the explanation of SLOW battle system. Actually, from the sound of it, it's pretty interesting. I'm going to keep the pre-order for sure now.

No reviews means no purchase. I hate it when games have no reviews until it actually releases. If it's any good, it will be purchased as part of my summer futurelog.

Two middling reviews are up. 61/100 and 6/10 from smaller sites.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']anyone pick this up? terrible reviews so far....[/QUOTE]

yeah... I'm picking it up T_T

I'll tell you what I think when I get it (amazon free shipping >.

so I just played a bit. not too much. kinda already got lost >.< lol

but the game is not so bad. someone said it would be the worst game of 2010 and honestly i don't see it. It's not that bad to deserve such title.

The voice work could be better but it's not unbearable bad. Combat is interesting. You gotta keep attention to what you're doing in order to find the correct order of body parts to hit. Also it's a lot of watching out for your mp/hp/cp.

these are my first impressions after playing for like an hour. most of my time has been spent getting use to combat. so i haven't done too much. if i get more of it done (or actually finish it), i'll post better impressions.

I just wanted to say it is NOT gonna be the worst game ever. It's really an average game.

bread's done
Back