Last Remnant(Square Enix RPG)

Weedy649

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Didn't see any thread on this

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/the-last-remnant/

The Last Remnant is a first for Square-Enix. It look set to be a completely new title for the company and will be released on both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 in Japan and in the US simultaneously. Square-Enix honcho Yoichi Wada stated that the North American success of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts was solid proof that Square-Enix's RPGs were palatable abroad. Some details about the game: The battle system is real time, and players are able to control large groups of troops. There seems to be large monsters and large swords. So, adding to "Final Fantasy", we've got what looks like a new brand, "The Last Remnant." What is it with Square-Enix and nihilism?

Looks interesting, and even more so, good sales for it on the 360 could mean better things to come.

http://www.xbox360rally.com/the-last-remnant-square-enix-game-to-come-2008-details/

Using the wonderful Atavista translator, here is the information I was able to obtain from the French site that had much details about the game itself (along with some screenshots):

- There will be two principal characters, each one calling upon a specific territory. The play will not force us to choose one of the characters.
- Remnants can take various sizes and forms: machines, creatures and even of the weapons. These Remnants have special capacities, some unknown or are hidden.
- 4 races were réélées: Mitra (human), Yama (kind of large fish), Qsiti (small lizards humanoïdes), Sovanni (kind of cat with 4 arms).
- the system of combat will be managed with the turn by turn with sometimes QTE (Quick Time Events).
- the play will use the engine Ureal Engine 3, one can thus expect successful graphics.
- the title is directed by Hiroshi Takai.
- Rush is the principal personage play. The adventure starts on the ïle of Eulam where Rush and its Irina sister live quietly. But lles things is corsent when Irina is kidnapée by a mysterious organization. Rush is found then in the beautiful medium of a world where the conflict is related to these relics called Remnants. The Conqueror is a character who seeks to obtain the maximum of Remnants but its intentions are encores rather fuzzy.

And out of all of that, all I really get out of it is… another game using the UNREAL 3 ENGINE! Jeebus.
Full article and 9 Screenshots at
[Xboxygen]

See, I like how they like to deviate from there normal turn based battle system, but I liked that one best. I really wasn't a fan of Final Fantasy XII. I understood the battle system, but I didn't like it, at all. I must have played through Final Fantasy X about 3-5 times, because that game was awesome. I really, really, really, loved that game, and I had no problem with the battle system. I guess I will just have to see how this will work out. If it is like Kingdom Hearts, it will probably be cool. But I don't like how you really only control one character in KH. Overall, I'm gonna watch this one.

just saw this in the new GI. looks fucking awesome.
so this is the first sqenix game to use u3 engine, nice.
the art direction is apealing, the way the battles look to be laid out, also looks very nice.
this is now at the top of my anticipated list.

[quote name='PacoDG']http://www.xbox360rally.com/the-last-remnant-square-enix-game-to-come-2008-details/

Using the wonderful Atavista translator, here is the information I was able to obtain from the French site that had much details about the game itself (along with some screenshots):

- There will be two principal characters, each one calling upon a specific territory. The play will not force us to choose one of the characters.
- Remnants can take various sizes and forms: machines, creatures and even of the weapons. These Remnants have special capacities, some unknown or are hidden.
- 4 races were réélées: Mitra (human), Yama (kind of large fish), Qsiti (small lizards humanoïdes), Sovanni (kind of cat with 4 arms).
- the system of combat will be managed with the turn by turn with sometimes QTE (Quick Time Events).
- the play will use the engine Ureal Engine 3, one can thus expect successful graphics.
- the title is directed by Hiroshi Takai.
- Rush is the principal personage play. The adventure starts on the ïle of Eulam where Rush and its Irina sister live quietly. But lles things is corsent when Irina is kidnapée by a mysterious organization. Rush is found then in the beautiful medium of a world where the conflict is related to these relics called Remnants. The Conqueror is a character who seeks to obtain the maximum of Remnants but its intentions are encores rather fuzzy.

And out of all of that, all I really get out of it is… another game using the UNREAL 3 ENGINE! Jeebus.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but at least you can "thus expect successful graphics"! LOL.

[quote name='paz9x']turn based battle system.[/quote]

I didn't read the Altavista translation.

What I caught was: "Some details about the game: The battle system is real time, and players are able to control large groups of troops. "

But then that is from Kutaku.

But even still, it looks like Dynasty Warriors/N3.

[quote name='Kayden']I didn't read the Altavista translation.

What I caught was: "Some details about the game: The battle system is real time, and players are able to control large groups of troops. "

But then that is from Kutaku.

But even still, it looks like Dynasty Warriors/N3.[/QUOTE]
I didnt get that from kotaku. theres a fairly large article in GI.
from their photos, its look like you will be involved in a large scale battle, but you will control the encounters in smaller turn based fights.

Im not one to go arond tooting the horn of every rpg that comes out, but this one legitimately looks very good at the current stage of dev.

[quote name='paz9x']I didnt get that from kotaku. theres a fairly large article in GI.
from their photos, its look like you will be involved in a large scale battle, but you will control the encounters in smaller turn based fights.

Im not one to go arond tooting the horn of every rpg that comes out, but this one legitimately looks very good at the current stage of dev.[/quote]

No, in the OP, what I read was from Kotaku.

bread's done
Back