Last Story: $39.99 Newegg.

[quote name='Bosamba']When does the promo code expire? I haven't received an e-mail from them myself but thanks for the heads up.[/quote]

According to my e-mail, it is a 48 hour code, midnight PT on the 10th.

[quote name='skubish']sweet. I want this but i have hardly played xenoblade.[/quote]

+1

At least this I don't have to buy from Gamestop. (Yes, I know Nintendo offered it online with additional shopping charges.)

[quote name='skubish']Sweet. I want this but I have hardly played Xenoblade.[/QUOTE]

Similarly, I want this too - but I am not even done with Skyward Sword yet.

I have a giant backlog of games - but for Wii I only have like 3 games. And this game certainly looks like a magnificent closer to the Wii's life.

What to do...

[quote name='blinknot4']Similarly, I want this too - but I am not even done with Skyward Sword yet. [/QUOTE]

+1

I'm not alone, apparently.

[quote name='emperordahc']+1

I'm not alone, apparently.[/QUOTE]

at the verrrrryyy end, i believe. skyward sword is a beautiful game...but a huge disappointment for me. it was the first zelda game that i was "rushing" through. probably because i'm old and have a huge backlog.

with that said - in for one!

I'd bite if I didn't already have the Limited Edition from the U.K. NoA needs to announce these games further in advance. I imported because at the time there was still no word it was even coming out here.

[quote name='hiljay']at the verrrrryyy end, i believe. skyward sword is a beautiful game...but a huge disappointment for me. it was the first zelda game that i was "rushing" through. probably because i'm old and have a huge backlog.

with that said - in for one![/QUOTE]
Oh wow, this, this and this.

Like others, still not through Xenoblade and have a huge backlog. I assume this game is probably a limited run though, right? Given that it's a JRPG releasing for the Wii at the end of the consoles lifecycle that seems like a safe assumption.

Guess I should pick it up just in case.

Looks like a "release date apology" promotion. This thing keeps getting pushed back. Amazon and Newegg say July 31st, and Best Buy has it at August 5th. Either way, I'll bite for $40. Thanks OP.

[quote name='DealHunter']Does the NewEgg copy include the artbook like Amazon.com? Thanks.[/QUOTE]It should since the artbook is included in all first-run copies and is not a preorder bonus.

I'm really tempted by this, but tax for me puts it close to $45, and I don't have newegg credit. I think I'll wait for a price drop.

This is the 3rd time Newegg has given us a way to get this for $40 or less. They are kicking ass this year!

Also, people, stop asking about the artbook. It's all first print copies and that damn question is asked at least a half dozen time in every thread this game comes up in!!!

[quote name='blcklblskt']I'm really tempted by this, but tax for me puts it close to $45, and I don't have newegg credit. I think I'll wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Their won't be a price drop for this game. Its first print and pretty much pre order only.

Eh, there could be. It's being published by Xseed and their games often see a price drop. It's not the same goofy situation as Xenoblade. If anyone is waiting for a drop, though, expect to not get the artbook CE.

[quote name='KtMack23']Their won't be a price drop for this game. Its first print and pretty much pre order only.[/QUOTE]

I guess you're not familiar with Xseed. They keep stuff in print forever and it always drops. Still, anyone who wants the bonuses would be wise to pre-order.

Thanks OP, going to pre-order at New Egg :) Now I just need to get Xenoblade and having a gaming marathon on my Wii lol.

[quote name='blinknot4']Similarly, I want this too - but I am not even done with Skyward Sword yet.

I have a giant backlog of games - but for Wii I only have like 3 games. And this game certainly looks like a magnificent closer to the Wii's life.

What to do...[/QUOTE]

I recommend supporting it if you would like to see more RPGs of that caliber.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']I wish Amazon would match this. I have credit there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have the game preordered at Amazon with my goldbox deal being at around $48 but this deal is a lot better... I'll give Amazon till tonight to see if they PM or I'll cancel and reorder at Newegg

I picked up Xenoblade immediately because its price might not ever drop; it might just go OOP. This, however, will drop.

I might wait on this one, especially since it would just be going in the backlog pile.

... or I'll preorder it. Eragh.

Thanks, OP. Now to cancel the final order from Amazon since I started getting charged tax in Texas (cancelled 13 preorders yesterday when they retro-acted tax on it all).

Had this, Theatrhythm, and Persona 4: Golden pre-ordered from the $10 off pre-orders promotion. They applied all the discounts on the first shipped item, so I got Theatrhythm for $9.99 ($30 off).

Canceled the other two and now ordered Last Story again with this for another $10 off. I feel lucky, but also a little dirty. :p

How does Newegg ship a book-like slipcase such as this? In a box or padded mailer? The thought of having the corners of the first-run case all dented up is dreadful.

[quote name='eau']How does Newegg ship a book-like slipcase such as this? In a box or padded mailer? The thought of having the corners of the first-run case all dented up is dreadful.[/QUOTE]

They always shipped my games in a yellow slip,that could be a problem with this deal.

XSeed just announced a bonus soundtrack CD when you preorder at Amazon or GS.

largeil.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/the_last_story_hits_north_america_on_14th_august

Worth spending the extra $10 by pre-ordering at Amazon/GS instead?

[quote name='eau']XSeed just announced a bonus soundtrack CD when you preorder at Amazon or GS.

largeil.jpg

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/the_last_story_hits_north_america_on_14th_august

Worth spending the extra $10 by pre-ordering at Amazon/GS instead?[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding me.
Can't they just bundle the soundtrack with all the first editions.
No? Well, screw you XSeed, I'm canceling my order.
I'll buy it when it hit the bargain bins (or never if the price doesn't go down which is unlikely)

[quote name='wbc1228']You got to be kidding me.
Can't they just bundle the soundtrack with all the first editions.
No? Well, screw you XSeed, I'm canceling my order.
I'll buy it when it hit the bargain bins (or never if the price doesn't go down which is unlikely)[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. You're getting the game for $10 below MSRP. If you want the soundtrack, all you have to do is pay the full MSRP. If it's not important to you, you can get the game, case and artbook for $40. I'm not seeing the problem.

edit: great news about newegg getting the cd
I'm just glad xseed was the one to step up and bring this to the us

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back