Last Story: $39.99 Newegg.

Could care less about the OST. As long as I get to play & enjoy the game before summer ends, I'll be happy.

Originally I had pre-ordered at this price, but seeing as the game probably will drop in price by the end of the year, I went ahead and canceled my pre-order. I'll pick it up when it hits $20.

[quote name='Vigilante']I asked this in the Japanese/Niche Games Deals Thread, but is there any way to tell if this is the same soundtrack CD that was included in the UK Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

They both contain 7 tracks and have the same artwork, so I would assume so.

[quote name='wbc1228']You got to be kidding me.
Can't they just bundle the soundtrack with all the first editions.
No? Well, screw you XSeed, I'm canceling my order.
I'll buy it when it hit the bargain bins (or never if the price doesn't go down which is unlikely)[/QUOTE]

This oozes so much stupid that I'm having a hard time taking it seriously. Just how much of an entitled twat are you? They are already giving us a pseudo LE for free. They are now throwing in this soundtrack for free from a few different places. They have wronged you in what way?

[quote name='Zaku77']This oozes so much stupid that I'm having a hard time taking it seriously. Just how much of an entitled twat are you? [/QUOTE]

I'm the entitled twat?
You're the one to talk.
I remember you exploiting the best buy b2g2 glitch proudly and even defended the glitchers on multiple occasions.

[quote name='Zaku77'] They are now throwing in this soundtrack for free from a few different places. They have wronged you in what way?[/QUOTE]

They should have packaged the soundtrack with all the first editions.
I hate the idea of retailer exclusive preorder items.
If it is just a dlc code that be purchased down the road, I'm fine.
Forcing me to the game multiple times or from a preferred retailer of their choice just irritates me.

[quote name='wbc1228']I'm the entitled twat?
You're the one to talk.
I remember you exploiting the best buy b2g2 glitch proudly and even defended the glitchers on multiple occasions.[/QUOTE]

Methinks you don't know what entitled actually means.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Methinks you don't know what entitled actually means.[/QUOTE]

I give up.
This is getting old.
You don't have to agree with my position (canceling my preorder due to the lack of soundtrack w newegg).
And yes, it is fine to disagree.
But resorting to name calling is just immature.
Some of you need to grow up.

Double checked Newegg after reading Amazon's description that made it sound like the CD was also part of the first-run packaging, and here's the blurb from Newegg's listing:

All preorders will receive a 44-page softcover Art Book in a special custom case along with a free bonus soundtrack CD featuring seven songs from the game. The art book and CD will be available in the product packaging. This offer will be extended to all previous and future pre-orders.

[quote name='botticus']Double checked Newegg after reading Amazon's description that made it sound like the CD was also part of the first-run packaging, and here's the blurb from Newegg's listing:[/QUOTE]

Great find. Hope this works out for us.

[quote name='botticus']Double checked Newegg after reading Amazon's description that made it sound like the CD was also part of the first-run packaging, and here's the blurb from Newegg's listing:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I double checked it to, seems Newegg added it as soon as it was announced today... weird how the official announcement didnt mention Newegg

Should I get this even though I've got the EU CE sitting unopened? :\ I'd really be paying for the exclusive case and the ability to play the game on my Wii without having to rely on homebrew, but is that worth the $40? I can't really find a viable market for selling the CE, either.

Of course, I'd also be showing my support and thanks to both XSeed and MistWalker for bringing The Last Story to the US and making it, respectively.

I'll buy it when it hit the bargain bins (or never if the price doesn't go down which is unlikely)[/QUOTE]
I wonder if this guy went back to the page and saw the listing again?

Wow, so I'll be paying ten dollars less than I did for Xenoblade/artbook and I'll get a limited print CD too!? The cheap ass in me couldn't be happier...

No, you really are a twat. You flew off the handle for no real good reason and cancelled your order. Turns out Newegg will be getting the bonus CD and now you look like even more of a fool.

If you get this angry over something as trivial as seven songs (that you easily could have gotten elsewhere had they not been available at Newegg no less) then I'd hate to see how you react to real issues.

You, sir, are the one who needs to grow up.

Ah, would have been over this if I didn't have amazon credit and didn't already preorder it. Oh well. Should I order another one and keep one sealed? Seems like the last great Wii game to come out and might have a potential to be rare in the future.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Ah, would have been over this if I didn't have amazon credit and didn't already preorder it. Oh well. Should I order another one and keep one sealed? Seems like the last great Wii game to come out and might have a potential to be rare in the future.[/QUOTE]

Leave the pre order for someone who wants to play the game, chances are that even if it does become hard to find, it won't sell above MSRP anyway.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Cancelled my Best Buy pre-order, and going with Newegg now, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Never mind, that Newegg promo code is no longer valid, going with Amazon then.

[quote name='wbc1228']I'm the entitled twat?
You're the one to talk.
I remember you exploiting the best buy b2g2 glitch proudly and even defended the glitchers on multiple occasions.

Yes, I am one to talk, thank you! I think you need to try a little harder to wrap your head around what it means to be entitled. If I couldn't have gotten in on the B2G2 glitch I would not have been angry with Best Buy and boycotted them. That, dear sir, would have been entitled. I simply took part in an awesome deal. That's not a sense of entitlement. Your little rant certainly is, though. They're giving you this stuff for free. Not counting deals, the game will cost the same everywhere. You still have absolutely no ground to stand on... twat.

[quote name='Vigilante']Should I get this even though I've got the EU CE sitting unopened? :\ I'd really be paying for the exclusive case and the ability to play the game on my Wii without having to rely on homebrew, but is that worth the $40? I can't really find a viable market for selling the CE, either.

Of course, I'd also be showing my support and thanks to both XSeed and MistWalker for bringing The Last Story to the US and making it, respectively.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat and have been kind of pondering it so now I was like $40, free shipping no tax, art book, CD, no fooling around with the Wii to get it to work, oh hell I'll go for it. Then I realized the code expired so I'll pass on it at $50 and likewise later on when it goes cheaper but w/o the bonuses.

Probably just as well since while I support XSeed I don't necessarily need to be double dipping on games and anyway I need to save my money for the Steam sale starting tomorrow. I'll probably grab Ys Origin so XSeed will still get some of my money. :p

I REALLY hope either of Ys games go on sale. I've already got 3 on PSP, but the PC one is a little different, so I'll play it too! lol

I'm glad the soundtrack is being included, thought I was going to have to buy a second copy. That guy that was complaining doesn't know just how great XSEED is.

[quote name='Zaku77']I REALLY hope either of Ys games go on sale. I've already got 3 on PSP, but the PC one is a little different, so I'll play it too! lol[/QUOTE]

If the rumored lists of Steam's indie game bundles are correct, Ys : The Oath In Felghana will be part of a bundle pack on Day 5.

Glad to hear about the soundtrack. All I need now is for newegg to use some common sense when it comes to the packaging. No bubble mailers please!

Some people need to keep their opinions to themselves if all they're going to do is cause insults and other back-and-forth problems.

Keep it civil or keep it to yourself.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']Glad to hear about the soundtrack. All I need now is for newegg to use some common sense when it comes to the packaging. No bubble mailers please![/QUOTE]

I can't recall getting a game from Newegg in anything other than a bubble mailer.

I bought the Deathsmiles LE from Newegg months ago, and it was packaged perfectly in a box with foam peanuts.

But otherwise, every standard edition game I've purchased from them was sent in a bubble mailer, which is no surprise to be honest.

[quote name='Zaku77']They've had 3 so far, so I reckon there's a good chance there will be at least one more! lol[/QUOTE]

Gah! Can't believed I missed all those. Curse moving lol

EDIT: Yikes, didn't see this was already four pages long.

I'm not too big on RPGs but I still have it pre ordered for $47 on Amazon. I would of loved to have known of this sooner though, oh well.

So has anyone got their Last Story shipped? I've been looking around and seems like none of the Gamestop has received the games and Amazon has changed their release date. Newegg is now showing OOS on Last Story page. I think XSeed screwed up somewhere lol.

[quote name='lilseung']So has anyone got their Last Story shipped? I've been looking around and seems like none of the Gamestop has received the games and Amazon has changed their release date. Newegg is now showing OOS on Last Story page. I think XSeed screwed up somewhere lol.[/QUOTE]

I haven't and I ordered on NewEgg several weeks ago. I dunno what's going on.

[quote name='lilseung']So has anyone got their Last Story shipped? I've been looking around and seems like none of the Gamestop has received the games and Amazon has changed their release date. Newegg is now showing OOS on Last Story page. I think XSeed screwed up somewhere lol.[/QUOTE]

Apparently the shipping date from the factory or whatever is today the 14th. Newegg/Gamestop probably won't receive them until at least Wednesday. Didn't think we had to deal with the old "shipping date" crap anymore.

[quote name='Killbomb']Apparently the shipping date from the factory or whatever is today the 14th. Newegg/Gamestop probably won't receive them until at least Wednesday. Didn't think we had to deal with the old "shipping date" crap anymore.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that would be the case at the very least. I'm so used to getting my games shipped out on the release date or even the day before.

Not yet. Hopefully it'll ship tomorrow though so it'll be here by before the weekend. I don't mind, but I hate having something shipped and having it delayed because of the weekend.

I just checked my pre-order, which hasn't shipped either, and the game is listed as "out of stock" so I really hope they didn't overextend their pre-order numbers AGAIN! Sometimes it seems like Newegg's reliability has gone downhill over the last couple years, at least I have Sleeping Dogs to keep me busy.

Considering no retailers had this game in their weekend ad's means 1 of 2 things: (Plus a bonus rant!)

1 - The 8/14 was not a street date, but rather that old fashioned 'release date' - (just as CAG Killbomb said) - which basically means this morning there are dudes loading up pallets of the game. And it won't hit stores until later this week.

2 - The 8/14 release date (although confirmed) slipped a bit. Amazon showing 2-4 weeks now is not true - they just throw an availability date up there to ease the minds of Ninty kids. I remember when Skyward Sword came out and it said the same thing.

RANT - We finally get a weekday release (as opposed to Nintendo's love of 'first party Sundays') for what could be the last fucking Wii game of note, and there are hints of fail abound...

For whatever it's worth I called the EB down the street and they said they're "expecting it tomorrow"......so who knows.

Crap, someone needs to put "dead" in the title if they are resurrecting this thread, I saw this and was hopeful.

[quote name='apterous']Crap, someone needs to put "dead" in the title if they are resurrecting this thread, I saw this and was hopeful.[/QUOTE]

I got excited too but guess I will go BB to get 10 gc.

Hmmm, not sure what to think. I was sure I pre ordered this way back when this was originally posted but when I go check it does not show I have any pre ordered items or anything showing i placed an order for this.

bread's done
Back