Last Story: $39.99 Newegg.

[quote name='MoCiWe']My Newegg copy still has yet to ship and is still in the pending pre-order stage :/[/QUOTE]

Same here. Not really in a rush though since I'm in the middle of Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs.

Mine will arrive on Monday. My copy shows that it only weighs .80 lbs. Is that not low for a game that includes an art book and cd? When I ordered Persona 4 Arena with the soundtrack disc included, it weighed .80 lbs without an art book. I hope that both art book and cd are included in our Newegg orders.

.80 lbs actually seems a bit high for a simple game and CD.

But I don't really know since I'm European and use the metric system. :whistle2:\"

[quote name='WViking']Mine will arrive on Monday. My copy shows that it only weighs .80 lbs. Is that not low for a game that includes an art book and cd? When I ordered Persona 4 Arena with the soundtrack disc included, it weighed .80 lbs without an art book. I hope that both art book and cd are included in our Newegg orders.[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure how precise they are on the weight. Mine is .80 as well but I ordered white knight chronicles the other day from them and it was .70 while I ordered a different ps3 game last week that was .50. Not sure what they are doing there.

But mine will be here Monday as well. Looking forward to it.

Will be getting mine on Monday as well. All I want now is for newegg to use some common sense and not send it in a bubble mailer like it had with all the other games I've ordered from them.

[quote name='Killbomb']Same here. Not really in a rush though since I'm in the middle of Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting as well. Seeing as how some had their orders shipped and the item page shows sold, I'm worrying that we won't get ours.

Mine's coming today O__O (I forgot I had preordered this game and checked only cuz I saw this thread lol thanks CAG).

[quote name='Vinny']I'm waiting as well. Seeing as how some had their orders shipped and the item page shows sold, I'm worrying that we won't get ours.[/QUOTE]

Well, mine didn't ship today so I'm beginning to think the same way as you. Going to contact them if it doesn't ship tomorrow.

Still nothing here :(

EDIT: Looks like I've been charged so probably shipping out today for me, also website lists it as In Stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email saying my order was charged, but I see no shipping details. Of course, if it does ship today, then that means all the crap I went through to change my address will be pointless because it'll arrive after I'm back home. FML..

mine said it was going to be delivering monday, but appears to be out for delivery today. i'll be so excited to taking it out of the shipping box, marveling at the box art, then sticking it on my shelf where it will sit until 3 years from now.

[quote name='hiljay']mine said it was going to be delivering monday, but appears to be out for delivery today. i'll be so excited to taking it out of the shipping box, marveling at the box art, then sticking it on my shelf where it will sit until 3 years from now.[/QUOTE]

What happens in three years? eBay?

Just recieved mine. Was in a bubble mailer but the game and package were fine. It did come with the soundtrack cd.

[quote name='Gators300']What happens in three years? eBay?[/QUOTE]

take it out of shrink wrap, throw it in my inevitable wii U to play, play for about an hour, then re-shelf until i can do this again in another three years.

[quote name='zeke222']Just recieved mine. Was in a bubble mailer but the game and package were fine. It did come with the soundtrack cd.[/QUOTE]

Aw crap...

Mine still hadn't shipped and I got tired of waiting so I cancelled this and my 2 other newegg pre-orders.

I got mine today as well instead of Monday. It was in a bubble mailer like I thought. The packaging has some bent corners and parts where it was slightly compressed. Not sure if I'll keep it or call newegg and bitch at them for not using a box like they should have. The only thing holding me back is the insanely long return process at newegg.

Man, why do packaging people have to do such stupid sh*t.

[quote name='punkmaggit']Yup. But instead of 3, try 30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in 30 years I expect the first print sealed copies to be worth $2,000+, (adjust for 2042 inflation, so probably $10,000 by then).

Although sealed copies of Xenoblade w/ art book will probably go for more due to the limited release.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I got mine today as well instead of Monday. It was in a bubble mailer like I thought. The packaging has some bent corners and parts where it was slightly compressed. Not sure if I'll keep it or call newegg and bitch at them for not using a box like they should have. The only thing holding me back is the insanely long return process at newegg.

Man, why do packaging people have to do such stupid sh*t.[/QUOTE]

Guess the shoddy packaging/handling is one of the reasons they offer pre-order discounts on nearly every game. I've ordered close to 10 games from them over the last few years and while they've all come in a bubble mailer, none have been damaged. Hope that trend continues.

Anyway, mine shipped out today from New Jersey (didn't even know they had a shipping center there) so I'll probably won't have it until Wednesday.

Mine finally shipped from them this morning, I don't really order from Newegg a lot but they send a lot of emails for one item, I had this and my NSMB2 order start going through and I had like at least 7 Newegg emails when I checked :O

Well being shipped in a box doesn't always help.
My Persona 4 Arena was shipped in a box and still had both manual holders broken off when I got the game.

I honestly think that it being in a bubble mailer would've prevented that.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I got mine today as well instead of Monday. It was in a bubble mailer like I thought. The packaging has some bent corners and parts where it was slightly compressed. Not sure if I'll keep it or call newegg and bitch at them for not using a box like they should have. The only thing holding me back is the insanely long return process at newegg.

Man, why do packaging people have to do such stupid sh*t.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my corners are a little bent. But it's nothing too serious or worth troubling over since I saved over $10. If I really cared, I probably would have preordered at GS or Amazon.

[quote name='watcher0']Seriously, I'd respect someone that just uses metacritic before that pair of sites. Personally, for quality RPG reviews, RPGamer or RPGfan are the best.[/QUOTE]

Last Story is not an RPG, though. I mean if it's an RPG then so are half the corridor shooters on the market. People who think they're getting some Japanese role-playing epic need to be ready to check those expectations.

I agree with the criticism, while it's hardly a bad game this is the worst of Mistwalker's big three by a fair clip. I was really disappointed with it considering the money it cost me to import awhile ago could have went towards better things, luckily it's at least paced well and doesn't overstay it's welcome, quite a short game. One thing that really bothered me is that, in my opinion, even the music was disappointing. It composed by Uematsu but arranged by a random and most of it sounds like shit due to it.

Sakaguchi probably needs to stick to what he can actually properly do, sadly I have a feeling he'll be having a hard time to fund anything proper in the future, which blows considering Mistwalker started off pretty damn well, you could stamp Final Fantasy V-2 on the Blue Dragon box and it'd fit right in. Depressing to see this man making iOS games now, nothing really against iOS but cmon...

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Yeah, my corners are a little bent. But it's nothing too serious or worth troubling over since I saved over $10. If I really cared, I probably would have preordered at GS or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from Amazon and it came in a bubble mailer with bent corners.

Got two copies today. One from newegg in a bubble mailer with the box compressed in some areas but it has the soundtrack cd. The other my wife got me from bestbuy with no cd packaged with it but a practically perfect box. Which one do I open and which do I keep sealed?!?!?

Is everyone who has already received their copies getting the "first shipment" artbooks with them? I'm still waiting on Amazon to process through my pre-order from about a month ago or so.

I got mine from Newegg with really bent corners - if I can get to a UPS Store, I'll return it. If not, then I'll just order another one off Amazon and sell this one on Ebay down the line. The book-shaped case is nice, but it being shaped like a book also meant the corners were more prone to damage. Really high-quality design outside of that though.

Got mine! Packaging is sweet. Good job, XSEED.

4620A967-4383-4FD0-8EDF-B8297608F05C-23446-00001748DFE65AF9.jpg

[quote name='starscream615']Got two copies today. One from newegg in a bubble mailer with the box compressed in some areas but it has the soundtrack cd. The other my wife got me from bestbuy with no cd packaged with it but a practically perfect box. Which one do I open and which do I keep sealed?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot now I'm worried about getting the CD with my order from bestbuy.:lol:

Ditto. Placed an in-store pickup order that I was going to get later today. :(

[quote name='solidus_00']Thanks alot now I'm worried about getting the CD with my order from bestbuy.:lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Ditto. Placed an in-store pickup order that I was going to get later today. :([/QUOTE]

Pretty positive the best buy ones don't have a soundtrack.

[quote name='skubish']Best Buy doesn't have the soundtrack. I got mine there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info...

Is there a really limited run of first editions? From what I've read, there is vastly different opinions on whether it will be hard to find in the future.

(Basically wondering if I should pick up the BB one to open and play and find one with the soundtrack to keep sealed for the collectibility aspect) :)

[quote name='skubish']Best Buy doesn't have the soundtrack. I got mine there.[/QUOTE]

Dam, well I'm not to upset over it. I would have never opened it anyways, I'd only have it for collective value. Still it would have been nice to have it, but can't really complain when it only cost me $5 for the game :D

[quote name='HeroesNoMore']Now that's a Cheap Ass victory. :applause:[/QUOTE]

All thanks to that prototype 2 steel book fiasco and bestbuy cs. :)

[quote name='jkimrey']Anyone know which retailers DID get the soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Well from the website it says just Amazon & Gamestop/Ebgames, but obviously Newegg got them as well so your guess is as good as mine.

[quote name='jkimrey']Anyone know which retailers DID get the soundtrack?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.

I went an hour ago and they sold me someone's copy who never picked up their preorder. The guy threw in the soundtrack unexpectedly as a bonus. :D

bread's done
Back