Last Temptation of Christ [Criterion Blu-ray] - $14.99 Shipped at DD

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Wow, recently there was a deal to get this for $20 from DD after a coupon, but today it's their Deal of the Day for $19.99. So guess what? That stacks with their $5 off $10 code! Thus bringing your grand total to an amazing $14.99 shipped. This is a pre-order but they're already shipping these out

LINK

Apply the code: NET5

This code can only be used once per account. If it's not applying for yours sign out and create a new account.
Why Pay?: $39.95
Promotional Discount: ($5.00)
Total Savings: ($24.96)
Shipping: FREE
Your Subtotal: $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I could order from them again. The last time I did, they were eager to take my money, but took 7 or 8 weeks to ship my item. Thankfully, though, they marked the package as "rush delivery", to ensure that I got it quickly! :roll:

A few ordered this at blu-ray.com the other day and it's already shipped out so interpret that how you want.

Their packaging still sucks ass however. Ordered Beeetlejuice from them and they put it in a vacuum sealed cardboard mailer (usually plastic bubble mailer) that crushed the top of the case. Going to get a replacement for it. To be fair, this is the first time that the outer packaging has come damaged from them, though the last time I ordered I had a few come with a loose disc inside

[quote name='shrike4242']Oh Jesus, not another DD deal.[/QUOTE]

I haven't bought anything from them in over two years. I hope they've gotten better.

Thanks for the heads up! I've never had a problem with DD but have heard some horror stories so fingers crossed...

I haven't had any issues with DeepDiscount in the past year--I've made about 6 orders and received all promptly. My only problem with them is that now they charge tax to CA. Thanks OP, I placed an order for this.

A few member's orders have already been delivered since they ordered a few days ago when it was $20.29AC.

Here's a pic of what it looks like:

lasttemptation.png

Jesus, I love this goddamn movie. Thank you so much OP. I've never ordered DD before, but I suppose this is worth the risk for about 50% off.

I've already watched this film multiple times, so I know it's worth having in my collection. Thanks again OP

Yeah, no update on shipping for me either. I'm going to send them an inquiry about it today. I'll post if I get a response.

Generic response, no surprise...

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We're sorry to inform you that the items are temporarily out of stock
and unavailable to ship. The items will ship as soon as they become
available. We apologize for the inconvenience and remind you that your
credit card will not be charged until your order has shipped.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your
business.

Regards,

Sales Support*mr*
DeepDiscount
[email protected]
http://www.deepdiscount.com

I don't even really care that much since I mostly ordered this to fill in my Criterion collection. Still, not willing to let this become another Deep Discount six month waiting period. Their website currently says that it "usually ships in 5-10 days", and as far as I'm concerned they've already used five of those days. So they have until the end of next week.

Edit: Sent them a reply:

Had I pre-ordered this item from Amazon, I would have had it in my hands on release day, this past Tuesday. This sort of utter failure is why I do not deal with Deep Discount often. Your website currently says that it ships "within 5-10 days", and as far as I'm concerned, you've already used five of those days. I'll be generous and give you until the end of next week.

Also, you are incorrect regarding when my card will be charged. Google Checkout already charged my credit card, on March 9th.

Edit 2: Hah! And another generic response...

Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We do apologize about any inconvenience that we may have caused at this time.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Sales Support*mr*
DeepDiscount
[email protected]
http://www.deepdiscount.com

Christ, has anyone had their item shipped lately?

I guess the reason Deep Discount's discounts are so deep is because they have no stock on hand, so they avoid inventory costs.

It's been about 2 weeks. They could at least send out an automated courtesy email letting us know out item is backordered and will ship when available. I guess part of shopping at DD is wondering for months if your order will be fulfilled at all.

No shipment or even an email for me. This is par for the course with DD, unfortunately. You just wait a month or two and eventually it ships.

Perhaps the thread title should be revised to read:

"Last Temptation of Christ [Criterion Blu-ray] - $14.99 NOT Shipped at DD" :)

everyone who ordered it at $19 had theirs shipped. It's just when I discovered this new deal it must have gotten posted at a bunch of other sites and they sold out of their existing inventory and oversold. DD sucks for not having a proper inventory tracker., among other things

[quote name='pfiffy']Perhaps the thread title should be revised to read:

"Last Temptation of Christ [Criterion Blu-ray] - $14.99 NOT Shipped at DD" :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']everyone who ordered it at $19 had theirs shipped. It's just when I discovered this new deal it must have gotten posted at a bunch of other sites and they sold out of their existing inventory and oversold. DD sucks for not having a proper inventory tracker., among other things[/QUOTE]

It really was nothing more than a joke regarding DD's service... Nothing against the OP at all.

[quote name='ssjmichael']everyone who ordered it at $19 had theirs shipped. It's just when I discovered this new deal it must have gotten posted at a bunch of other sites and they sold out of their existing inventory and oversold. DD sucks for not having a proper inventory tracker., among other things[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's just no excuse for them still not having gotten more inventory yet, over a week later. This isn't a rare title, it's a new Criterion release. I'm disappointed because my last several experiences with DD have gone well, so I thought they had made significant progress in turning things around. Apparently not.

[quote name='pfiffy']It really was nothing more than a joke regarding DD's service... Nothing against the OP at all.[/QUOTE]

lol none taken, my post wasn't directed at you or anything, just all the "where's my order?!" posts. DD gets a bad rap and definitely deserves it, but they actually did ship out a bunch of copies of this movie before the movie was even supposed to come out.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, there's just no excuse for them still not having gotten more inventory yet, over a week later. This isn't a rare title, it's a new Criterion release. I'm disappointed because my last several experiences with DD have gone well, so I thought they had made significant progress in turning things around. Apparently not.[/QUOTE]

How do you know? Can you verify whether they've received a new shipment yet? No. You're just making speculative statements. So what do you think, that they're just sitting on a bunch of copies laughing at you all now? And finally, If you're so unhappy with the service that you felt the need to bitch them off for the delay and tell them you'd have gotten it from amazon already (as if their CS could do something about that by telling them), then how about you just cancel your order and get it off Amazon then.

[quote name='kikujirobill']No shipment or even an email for me. This is par for the course with DD, unfortunately. You just wait a month or two and eventually it ships.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with waiting a month or two as long as it actually ships. I'm just worried they're going to go the Best Buy route by waiting two months just to tell me that my order is cancelled.

I wish I would have known about this deal back then the $19.99 orders were being fulfilled. I'd pay an extra $5 to have Christ in my hands right now.

[quote name='ssjmichael']How do you know? Can you verify whether they've received a new shipment yet? No. You're just making speculative statements.[/QUOTE]

Um, read what I said again. I didn't say they've received a shipment (I fully assume they hadn't), I said there was no excuse for them not having received a shipment yet. They made it a "deal of the day" on their site, and it was a very good deal for a new Criterion title -- they should have planned for it to sell well, and either gotten adequate stock or arranged for adequate stock to be readily available to them. Furthermore, plenty of other sites (not just Amazon) don't have the kind of issues with getting stock on major new release titles that DD has. If this were a single-shot issue it would be one thing, but this company has developed an all-too-well-deserved reputation.

As to why they have this problem? I don't know. Supply chain issues, I would assume.

[quote name='ssjmichael']And finally, If you're so unhappy with the service that you felt the need to bitch them off for the delay and tell them you'd have gotten it from amazon already (as if their CS could do something about that by telling them), then how about you just cancel your order and get it off Amazon then.[/QUOTE]

Are you feeling particularly thick today? I mean, normally I respect your opinions, but really?

How do you think the company is going to know that customers are dissatisfied with their service if the customers keep quietly to themselves and don't inform customer service, the one direct contact with the company that they have? Are they going to troll the forums on a gaming site looking for complaints? You're right, I'm sure the CS rep can't do anything directly about the issue, but what he or she can do (not saying that they do it, but in a well-run company it would happen) is pass complaints up the chain. Enough complaints, and maybe someone who can do something looks into the issues (note that I say issues, not issue -- I'm not expecting someone to necessarily dig into this one in particular, but rather the ongoing systemic problem).

Where I do have a problem with CS is them telling me that my credit card won't be charged until the order is shipped, when in fact it has already been charged and was charged on the day the order was placed, as verified on my credit card statement. With this particular title that's probably not going to be too much of a problem, but in the past I had an order sit for over a year unshipped and already billed (I had honestly forgotten about it entirely, I only noticed it when I logged back into my DD account to look at a more recent order). Telling me that my order won't be charged when it already has been is giving me blatantly false information. And that's realy where I have the problem here -- sit on my order for as long as you want if you haven't taken my money yet (this isn't a movie that I'm all that worried about owning quickly, more just filler for my Criterion shelf that I'm interested in seeing eventually), but once you have my money, you'd better be ready to deliver.

As to why I ordered from them and not Amazon? Because, as I said, with other recent experiences, it seemed like they were shaping up. The last several orders that I made all shipped out within a couple of days at the most. I figured that a new release, "deal of the day" would be a sure bet that they'd be able to handle. Apparently I was wrong.

Anyway, I said I'd give them until the end of this week, and surprisingly, I just received my shipping notice a couple of minutes ago. So they didn't take quite to the last minute. Just the next-to-last.

Did you not read that they had stock and shipped plenty of these already at $19 each? This was days before it was their DotD and well before the street date. Then I shared that the code worked with that dotd and the deal gained steam and they obviously sold out. Also do you honestly think they planned for such a large turnout for this deal? This is DD we're talking about not Amazon. Do you really think they planned it to coincide with the $5 code? I'm pretty sure they didn't and this huge turnout was quite a surprise for them. I'm sure this deal would have never made the rounds had I (or anyone else) not found out it stacked with the $5 off, and perhaps they would have then had enough left to ship to everyone that day, and we wouldn't have to deal with people whining about their crappy service (not just you).

And regarding your complaints to them. Do you honestly think it's going to enlighten them that their customers are dissatisfied? Have you seen their reseller ratings? I'm pretty sure they know fully well what customers think of their service. The fact is, the item is sold out, you complaining to a CS who really isn't going to do anything about that) does nothing. It doesn't make your order get to you quicker, it's not even going to improve their service. All it does obviously is add fodder to threads like this.

And I have my doubts that you were going to order this day one on Amazon. If you were wouldn't you have pre-ordered it from Amazon? And if you did wouldn't you have mentioned that you cancelled said pre-order?. The bottom line is, complaining didn't really help you get your order quicker. They fulfilled the order as quickly as they could have based on the demand they incurred. By now everyone here should realize that DD isn't that great.. The fact is 8 times out of 10 you're probably going to have a bad experience with DD. You may come out with a good deal in the end, but you have to go in expecting to wait for that deal to get to you. Complaining about it and posting email conversations about it after what would be considered a short period in DD's world is just silly. But I digress, you're getting your order and at a steal of a price

I honestly think DD should just have a live inventory and once they sell out of that deal that's that. Even if that means people will just bitch about not being able to get the deal when in the past they could have ordered when things weren't in stock, yadda yadda.

Again, my big issue is with them charging my credit card two full weeks before they shipped, and then telling me that my card wouldn't be charged until shipment had occurred. Sorry, I guess I should have emphasized that more.

And you're positive that wasn't just an authorization? Often I'll get authorizations in the same exact amount of the order, and that'll be lifted soon after and then placed again once the order ships. And if it is a charge, perhaps it's because you went through google checkout?. I know people are usually warned against using intermediary sites like Paypal on DD because of being charged right away. I'm guessing if you used a cc straight up then you probably wouldn't get charged right away. I placed an order for instance with 2 items and only one was charged and the other that hasn't been shipped has not.

[quote name='ssjmichael']And you're positive that wasn't just an authorization?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Authorizations don't appear on my credit card statement.

Regardless, moot point now since they've shipped.

For me, when ordering from Amazon. I get an Authorizations charge when I make the order. It appears right way on my online statement (but not on paper) and are usually the actual price or 0.01.

And the charge usually goes away until they official ships. Authorizations of your credit card is standard procedure. Its there way to confirm your card is real, active, isn't expired, or isn't stolen (shows up online to alert owner of use).

I know what authorizations are, and I know how my credit card company handles them. This was not an authorization.

Anyway, I'm done with this discussion.

bread's done
Back