35 (100%)
[size=+1]Downloads (XBLA, PSstore, Virtual Console) don't count. [/size]
I feel like this has been done before, so this is a game to liven this thread:
[size=+3] THE GAME [/size]
:DThe title +1 point
:DThe reasoning + 2 points
My example:
Monster Hunter Freedom 2.
I thought it'd be pretty rare and I really dig the series.

3 points!

:DQuoting the last person, editing their post :) + 3 points
Example:
[quote name='carpwrist']

Monster Hunter Freedom 2.
I thought it'd be pretty rare and I am a furry, looking for new costume ideas. [/quote]

Infractions
:bomb: none!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mercenaries 2 for PS3, which I STILL haven't completed(about 6-10% complete and I've had it SINCE AUGUST!!)

Current one I've paid MSRP for: Little Big Planet

well the 2 before me haven't done list format so i'm not either lol.

last game i paid full price for was GTAIV. why? because, it's gtaiv and i couldn't wait.

i have fallout 3 and gears 2 on preorder though, so i guess i have no option but to pay full price for those bad boys :)

Grand Theft Auto III, it's one of the primary reasons I bought a PS2 and I didn't want to have a system with no games while I was waiting for a sale.

[quote name='lolwut?']Rock Band 2, because I love the series and I'm THAT rich[/QUOTE]

Now what can I do with my 6 points?

Spore: Galactic Edition
Given the hype surrounding the game, I figured the special editions would go pretty quickly. That, and buying used is always troublesome because of the 99% chance that somebody forgets to stick one of the bonuses back in the box.

GTA4 for PS3. Before that, probably Crisis Core.

I've been a fan of the series for a long time, and it's one of the 3 reasons I wanted a current gen console (the others being RE5 and FFXIII), though I've found plenty of other games I've wanted and enjoyed since then.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Grand Theft Auto III, it's one of the primary reasons I stole a police car and drove it into the river.
[/quote]

Thinking... hmm... I actually don't know... If I buy a new game, I either wait for a used one, or go to a mom and pop, so I never really pay full MSRP.
Best I could think of was a "gem" from my childhood, Pokemon Stadium 2. How I begged mother to buy it.

Now that I think about I HAVEN'T paid MSRP for anything in a LONG time, except for food.

In the past few weeks, through a combination of credit and store discounts, I've picked up multiple games.. but the last game that I bought at full price with no discounts whatsoever (and it's been a while since this has happened) was Little Big Planet. Why? After playing the beta and seeing how much content was there, I felt the need to give them all of my money - no store credit or anything. The game's absolutely amazing.

Far Cry 2 , I really thought it would be a great game, boy was i wrong, and for extra points ill be getting Fallout 3 collectors, LBP, and probably FAble 2 by the end of the month.

[quote name='johnmirra']Far Cry 2 , I was too impatient to wait for a demo and boy was I wrong[/quote]

Rock Band 2 (game only) - I can fulfill my life long dream of drumming in a band. Although I can NOT fulfill my life long dream of a reckless level of engaging in activities involving groupies, drugs, and various hotel and tour bus themed shenanigans.

[quote name='mang9432']yakuza 2
thought it might be rare, and wanted to grab a new copy when i saw it[/quote]

I traded in tiger 09, mercs 2, facebreaker, battlefield bad company, bia hells highway, and lego batman, for 172.00 at gamestop and bought, fable 2, far cry 2, and midnight club la, and loving every minute of all 3 games

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Fable 2 LE

Although I pretty much buy every game at full price.[/quote]

A) Why?

B) What are you doing at CAG?

:whistle2:k[quote name='guessed']A) Why?

B) What are you doing at CAG?[/QUOTE]

some people like to play games when the come out

I think the only game I bought at full price within the last year was Pinball Hall of Fame : Williams Edition for the PSP and even then I probably got a couple bucks off by ordering it online.

[quote name='johnmirra']:whistle2:k

some people like to play games when the come out[/quote]

I understand that (I understand that it is true, I don't fully understand the compulsion/impatience), but there are still often deals to be had at release date.

[quote name='guessed']I understand that (I understand that it is true, I don't fully understand the compulsion/impatience), but there are still often deals to be had at release date.[/QUOTE]

I find that those deals are few and far betwen anymore for the really big releases. not like the good old circuiit city 5 or 10 off a new release days.

Fable II LE because I've been waiting to play it since the first game game out...seriously. However before that, it would have to be NHL 09 because I'm a huge hockey fan and I ALWAYS buy the NHL and MLB games at full MSRP because I enjoy them. Before that game though, I would have to go back to the beginning of the summer months or further back but I don't remember.

I'm in the same boat as everyone else though when it comes to the upcoming games, except I'm using gift cards to buy the rest of the ones I want, ie Fallout 3, GoW2, Resistance 2, and COD5. I will be buying Banjo Kazooie (360) at $36.99 from Amazon...is that full MSRP?

Mario Kart Wii, but I don't know if it counts or not because I got it from flipping clearance games so my actual cost was somewhere around $25 - $30.

The last game I actually paid full MSRP for out of pocket? I guess it was Hydro Thunder for Dreamcast in 1999. Since I started finding clearance deals around that time, I stopped paying full price for any game. Back then it was so much easier to get deals too. It seemed like you could go into a store and find great deals without getting there at opening the first day of a clearance.

Little Big Planet is the most recent to memory. I bought one off a CAG here. I had $15 in paypal (free money from my fon router bringing in the dough) and it ended up coming to 64.98 which is about retail O_O

Im slightly ashamed but now I have the Jihad edition for my collection :p

Before that....I dont know...

Brett Favre '09...but it was at Sams Club, so I guess I bought it at wholesale

Money out of pocket? I think it was Halo 3. Last time I bought a game at MSRP using credit was 2 days ago. Picked up Fable 2. Tomorrow, I'll be picking up Rock Band 2.

Well, if you want to get technical, it was Sonic Chronicles and Time Hollow on the DS... But I got them in the Buy 2 get 1 TRU sale, so I treat them like I got $10 off each.

I believe the last game I got for full MSRP, out of pocket, was No More Heroes around it's launch.

I spend full MSRP like, once a year. I'm a very, very patient gamer.

Tales of Vesperia Special Edition is the only game I've bought for full MSRP since joining CAG. Right before joining CAG, though, I picked up GTA4 Special Edition for full price.

I don't think I've bought a game at MSRP out of pocket in years... The most recent I can remember was perhaps Shadow Hearts FTNW (but even then Frys had a sale going during release week for maybe $10 off), or maybe Onimusha Dawn of Dreams (also a Frys sale).

Now, if you count buying at MSRP using GCs or winnings (the coke giveaway *ahem*), then I got Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk no Kishi, Rei: Tsukihami no Kamen, Tales of Vesperia Special Edition, Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia... and a few others that I forget. I paid nothing out of pocket for these, but technically they were purchased at MSRP... (does that even count for imports) Can you tell I'm a rabid RPG fan?

My brother, on the other hand, is pretty bad about saving money. He's bought MGS4, Disgaea 3, and Dead Space that I can think of recently. I keep trying to open his eyes to being patient and saving money, but he seems to think that playing the game on release day is worth the extra cost. Go figure.

Dead Space, because I'd been following it through the comics and webisodes, and the atmosphere looked awesome.

I did use $25 trade credit, though...I can't bring myself to lay 3 $20s on the counter for anything besides a tank of gas.

Out of pocket, Gears Of War. Lots of hype for the game, I bought in.

On credit, Viva Pinata: TIP. Loved the first game, wanted to support the second as well as my local Blockbuster.

Between flipped credit, store clearances, and price drops, it's very rare that I pay retail price for games anymore. There's no way I'd have dropped $160 on the Rock Band bundle if it wasn't heavily discounted in some way with store credit.

[quote name='guessed']A) Why?

B) What are you doing at CAG?[/QUOTE]

A) Having worked at Gamestop for 3 years, I don't want to give them my money for buying used games from them. Plus seeing how things worked, I want all/most of my money to go to the developers instead of the retail store. Also I really don't like waiting to play a game I really really want, so I don't mind shelling out the full price.

B) Mostly to hangout, I do take on some deals, but they are hardly money saving mostly just for bonus content or one that's too good to pass up.

Fable 2 LE - I played Fable 1 for about 15 minutes and really enjoyed it, but didn't have an Xbox.

Farcry 2 Pre-Order edition - Recommended by one of my buddies and with store credit paid $1.40 out of pocket

Dead Space Ultra LE - The game looked really interesting and I'm always a sucker for the limited editions.

[quote name='Miz-Zou']Devil May Cry 4 for me, I picked it up and shelved it on release day :D[/quote]

Soul Calibur 4. It was well worth it too, probably my most played PS3 game.

Next up will be Guitar Hero World Tour Bundle. Then tuesday LBP, but that will be payed for in amazon credit from yf360g so it doesn't count. Same for gears 2.

And 70 of World Tour is going to be payed off in store credit, lol.

Too Human
I WANTED TO GET THE 5 EXCLUSIVE ARMOR SETS YOU CAN ONLY GET BY PREORDERING FROM GAMESTOP!!!
And Halo 3 Legendary Edition, god I'm a sucker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought into the hype for both Gears of War and Halo 3 and bought both, around release, for MSRP. Never again! I'm gonna work on my backlog before I even look at Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears 2, Rockband 2(oooh, I want SO bad!), and the other newer and yet to be released 360 gems.

Contra 4 for the DS for 19.99.

Why? It's fucking Contra. Also, I needed amazon.com filler to pick up Lego Star Wars the complete saga for cheap.

I never bought a game at full price i stay about 5 months behind the offical release

also most of my games I have bought off the cag trading forum

BUT in two weeks i will be buying gears of war 2 AT FULL PRICE i'm a huge GOW 2 fan

Persona 3 FES. Though i guess that doesnt really count b/c I used the Atlus Amazon code.

Guitar Hero III w/ guitar before that. GHII w/G before that. GHI w/Guitar before that...

bread's done
Back