Latest best kept secret - Goodwill online! $5 NES consoles! $6 genesis w/games!

L

larrytrain

they have all sorts of stuff for uber cheap..

http://www.shopgoodwill.com

it's auction style, but there's lots of good stuff and nobody really goes there. I built this site for them, too, so trust me it's legit.

check under Listings > Cameras & Electronic Equip > Gaming Systems

for gaming stuff...there's some really cheap stuff - and your money isn't going to some fat greedy ebay slob, it's going to goodwill, so you're not getting ripped off on shipping and your 'auction fees' are going to do real good.

LT

dam thanx looks good but there is too much competition on there. There are so many bids for what I want. The secret is definitley out.

Secret's been out for a while now, used to be good. I think they jack up the prices themselves on a few things. Oh, and don't trust "untested" a lot, they more than likely know it doesn't work.

Secret yes, but not a good one.

For some reason stuff sells for more than it does on ebay on average.

I believe if something super rare went up for auction there it would sell for less than ebay however.

I remember the days when looking at Goodwill was worthwhile... I did find a mint Bubble Bobble for Playstation recently ($5) , but it's not nearly as good as it was a few years ago.

some asshat brother of a chick I used to occasionally see found a brand new, sealed Atari 7800 (!!!!!!!!!) for 5 bucks with 10 games at a local Goodwill. The bastard wouldn't let me buy it off of him.

After browsing through these auctions, I might have to check out Goodwill again for the first time in a while.

Goodwill is very good to me . . . but I go at least 10 times for every decent find. And just about the point when I'm about to stop dropping in, I find something great.

The website has been crap the times that I've gone.

Never underestimate the B&M Goodwill, just when you've found nothing for a year you'll find something awsome. It works just have faith.

I do look for other things as well, so I'll always look for gaming stuff. I found a mint Colecovision in box 3 years ago for 8 dollars... the Goodwills around here always seperate the carts, though. I buy board games (34 different editions of Trivial Pursuit so far.. I have passed some I don't have because I don't like the cards to be dirty!) and records (found Tim Buckley -Starsailor white label promo last week, and the Creatures first album, Feast) so it's not like the dearth the last couple years was that big of a deal. oh, I found a Top Loader NES around 3 years agoas well, but no dogbone controllers (I hate it when they split the accessories from the systems) . Nowadays it's an orignal model playstaion for $30.. just the base console, Add in the 4 dollar non-analog controller, the two dollar power cord and the two-dollar AV cable, 38 bones is a little too much for my tastes. In defense of goodwill pricing, it seems to depend on the management of the store and the ones around probably have crappy (in my selfish interest) managers.

I happen to like the layout of the site, good job. I like that there are alot more items on one page closer together. Very functional site. Prices are nothing to get excited about.

[quote name='evilmax17']Anybody know if there are any GW B&M's in MA?[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are... I just went to goodwill.org and did a store locator for my Zip code.

Hmmm, seems like every single item is "unable to test." How hard is it to test a system and its games? Don't they have electricity and a TV?

Anything good in our local goodwill is always gone before it leaves the back room. They're not supposed to, but it happens anyway.. only time you might find anything good is if someone else didn't know what it was or just didn't want it..

bread's done
Back