latest NVIDIA MGS V driver question

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So im just setting up my new laptop (sager np8651) and it seems to have somehow auto installed nvidia drivers. I think it was something windows 10 did while i was going through and trying to install everything myself... i friggin hate when stuff does junk automatically without your consent

anyway, it seems to have installed version 10.18.13.5362 from 7/22. I was going to try uninstalling it and just manually d.loading the latest version but i have been hearing that the latest version thats optimized for MGS is pretty buggy. Should i wait a bit and just use the version on there or is the newest version fine? Do i even need to uninstall/reinstall or can i just use the geforce experience update?

Best solution is to just try the drivers yourself.  I usually stick with the latest beta driver and if that's not working out I'll roll back to the last WHQL drivers.  Grab the drivers manually for the site itself.  http://www.geforce.com/drivers

You don't really need to do a full uninstall most of the time, although it's probably good habit to do so.

yea wound up doing that myself. Windows tried reinstalling their default drivers while i was installing it.. pain in the butt. Windows 10 is pretty decent as far as the interface goes, but this automatic update bullshit makes me want to just dump it

bread's done
Back