Latisse - Medicine's latest failure.

fatherofcaitlyn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
I saw a commercial on MSNBC for Latisse.

What is Latisse?

Latisse is a prescription for growing longer, thicker and darker eyelashes.

I pose the question to any bearded clam lovers: Have you ever been turned off by a woman's eyelashes?

I have never thought, "D00d, I'd totally tear that shit up, but those eyelashes are just too fugly."

I pose the question to the handful of women here: Do you think longer, fuller and darker eyelashes will compensate for any other mental or physical flaw?

If you take it, I hope you want brown eyes too as that seems to be a side effect. At least according to their ad.

[quote name='Ziv']If you take it, I hope you want brown eyes too as that seems to be a side effect. At least according to their ad.[/QUOTE]

I hear that on the ad, too. I prefer to be a quart low.

So if a woman takes this drug she gets longer eyelashes and she will give up the brown eye also?????!!!!! Holy shit I'm in for 10 if thats the case!!!

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I saw a commercial on MSNBC for Latisse.

What is Latisse?

Latisse is a prescription for growing longer, thicker and darker eyelashes.

I pose the question to any bearded clam lovers: Have you ever been turned off by a woman's eyelashes?

I have never thought, "D00d, I'd totally tear that shit up, but those eyelashes are just too fugly."

I pose the question to the handful of women here: Do you think longer, fuller and darker eyelashes will compensate for any other mental or physical flaw?[/QUOTE]

Thats taking stuff way to far out of context. No, no one has ever decided someone is attractive based purely on their eyebrows. But it is part of the whole package. Besides Im sure there are plenty of women that have very thin eyelashes and to them it skews their looks and maybe makes them feel a little self conscious.

Eyelashes are a very subtle part of the face and can throw the whole thing off. Like tammy fay baker Ive seen a few times where she was pretty but to much eyelashes on her kind of made the rest of her less attractive. Its kind of like if you slightly changed the orientation of a persons eye you could drastically change their overall face and how it looks.

With that said thats a stupid fucking thing to be working on. With everything else we need in this world some asshole sunk probablly years and millions into making eyelashes thicker. Its about as usefull and important as a seedless watermelon.

[quote name='gargus']Thats taking stuff way to far out of context. No, no one has ever decided someone is attractive based purely on their eyebrows. But it is part of the whole package.[/QUOTE]

Well it's eyelashes (I don't think women are aiming to look like Groucho Marx), but basically I agree with this. The things women can do with makeup are unbelievable.

It's like, I don't know how to make authentic Italian food but I know it tastes great. If a chef tells me it's all about making your own dough or using organic basil then I'll take him at his word.

Point taken FOC - a pill is a little extreme.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']ive NEVER paid attention to a womans eyebrows[/QUOTE]

This. But I think I might notice if I'm trying to look her in the eye and her 2 inch long eyebrows are flapping at me. That would definitely piss me off.

But then again, I'm the type of guy that prefers girls without make-up, so I guess I'm biased.

It'd be much cheaper to buy mascara. But you're right. And I love this:

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']
[/QUOTE]

I thought this thread title was going to refer to Brooke Shields...

Man, I hate those commercials. Used to drive me crazy when it was in Hulu's ad rotation, and you'd have minute long breaks.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']This is a product trying to create a need.[/QUOTE]
Listerine did that with mouthwash and gingivitis.

Eyelashes are really subtle, as in you don't notice if they look good, you just know *something* is right

[quote name='kainzero']Listerine did that with mouthwash and gingivitis.
[/QUOTE]

You're implying A) gingivitis was invented by Listerine, B) gingivitis does not represent a health hazard, and C) that Listerine's purported usage is analogous to a substance that exists for cosmetic reasons and has potentially irreversible side effects.

Saw this ad and was listening to the possible side effects. Now I guess I can get wanting thicker eyelashes but anything that can fuck up arguably the most important part of your body is just not worth it.

Also, what is with Hulu and minute long adverts (This one specifically) That's kinda messed up.

[quote name='Strell']Buy it and use it on yo' bawz, FoC. Make you a ballstache.[/QUOTE]

I'll pass.

I don't want my genitals turning brown. If my sex tape would leak, my wife would be arrested for statutory rape.

[quote name='kainzero']Eyelashes are really subtle, as in you don't notice if they look good, you just know *something* is right[/QUOTE]

I KNOW not to overthink pussy.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've been scared away by eyebrows before, but never eyelashes.[/QUOTE]

I came in to post this, too! I saw this scarily scary woman one time at the doctor's office, and I was shocked by how cartoonish her eyebrows were. They were trimmed down to little lines on her forehead. It was scary. They might have been tattooed onto her face. I couldn't really tell.

If these companies put all the money from these shit useless products toward something good. We'd probably have a 100% cure for both cancer and aids.

@Chuplayer.... They might have been. I've seen tattooed eyebrows, I guess she figured it was better then using a sharpie everytime she plucked them out.

[quote name='Chuplayer']I came in to post this, too! I saw this scarily scary woman one time at the doctor's office, and I was shocked by how cartoonish her eyebrows were. They were trimmed down to little lines on her forehead. It was scary. They might have been tattooed onto her face. I couldn't really tell.[/QUOTE]

mexicans_sharpies.jpg

[quote name='AvidWriter']If these companies put all the money from these shit useless products toward something good. We'd probably have a 100% cure for both cancer and aids.
[/QUOTE]

That's not true. This product is a topical solution of the IOP lowering Bimoprost. Growing eyelashes was a side effect of this drug used for glaucoma and essentially the FDA okay'd the cosmetic use because it had already gone through testing.

I do agree that the marketing for this and well any drug is completely and utterly a waste.

[quote name='Strell']You're implying A) gingivitis was invented by Listerine, B) gingivitis does not represent a health hazard, and C) that Listerine's purported usage is analogous to a substance that exists for cosmetic reasons and has potentially irreversible side effects.[/QUOTE]
No, I never implied that. I only agreed with my quote that "This is a product trying to create a need."

Listerine was made, then marketed with scare tactics about gingivitis to make people use it. Before that, gingivitis was not a huge problem, but because of the ad campaign, people began to fear it.

I don't care for your straw men.

You don't care for proper analogies either it seems, equating cosmetic products with things targeted after medical practices. The former tells you that you have a problem without you knowing it. The latter helps solve one that can be measured under physician supervision.

So cool story, bro. Keep up the terrible arguments.

I'm a chick and I couldn't care less about my eye lashes, but some of my friends won't leave the house without mascara and eye liner. And since there's now a drug that claims to eliminate having to do that every day I'm sure they'll be using it soon. Plus I wear glasses, so I doubt guys notice my eyes anyway.

bread's done
Back