Law & Order SVU: Season 1, $19.94 at Wal Mart (B&M)

duderanch

CAGiversary!
I was at Wal-Mart today, and found season one of Law & Order SVU at the low low price of $19.94. I don't think it's part of their Warner Bros. $20 sets, because it's a Universal release. But a good deal for a six disc set. And before anyone asks, the set isn't listed on Wal-Mart's website. The website did, however, have the Law & Order SVU premiere episode DVD for a similar price ($17 bucks). Maybe my Wal-Mart goofed and tagged the season set with the premiere episode price??? Or maybe it's just a random season 1 price drop. This set usually runs in the $40-$60 range.

I've been registered on CAG for a while, and I think this the first deal I've posted. I hope it helps someone out.

Most Wal-Mart deals are YMMV...so I'm not getting excited over this one. But, I love SVU, so I am defniitely going to check out my local Wal-Marts.

Good deal, might check it out when I go over there to hopefully pick up Without a Trace for $20 aswell. Thanks OP.

Law and Order was $20 at my walmart aswell. But they didn't even carry Without a trace so i didnt even bother buying Law and Order.

I picked it up at my local wal-mart, and they had 3 left. I think that the big television companies have finally realized that if consumers buy the first season of a series, they are going to be more inclined to buy more and finish the series off. That's why we have been seeing these price drops on season one and two tv sets. Kind of like if you give a mouse a cookie, it's going to want milk. Not that there is anything wrong with that. In fact, I'm going to pick up a couple more sets since they are cheap, in hope that someday when DVDs are an old format, that the rest of the seasons will become cheap as well.

Depending what kind of person you are, you are getting a lot for your money. In the case of Law & Order: SVU, you are getting 17 hours and 23 minutes of a quality show. A two hour movie will usually cost the same.

So I really like the price drops on the TV seasons. Even if it is a trap into buying more of the seasons of the series. I....must.....resist....the trap!!!

Well.... even if you are a fan of SVU, I still wouldn't pick up this set, unless I was a completist. I absolutely hate the first season of SVU, they were admirably trying to get away from the L&O formula, but swung it way too far towards NYPD Blue, with the personal lives of the detectives constantly getting in the way of their cases. They didn't even have an ADA for a while, and there were just too many cops on the show in general.

Good find. I like this show a lot. The original I haven't really watched much since Orbach left (and then passed on...), and CI I catch occasionally.

bread's done
Back