LBP, Gran Turismo, NBA The Inside 10 (PSP) $10 at KMART YMMV

aleraiders

CAGiversary!
READ FIRST - regular games in the glass cases scan at full price (you need the generic upc/sticker on the back) people have posted price matching at another KMART, US only version, so good luck see pics below

ALSO NOTE - i was looking threw the games and saw that these games are translated in english and french but, there are still in region 1, so they should be playable, thats why there $9.99

i was told that PSP games are all playable, no matter what region, u can play japanese games on a US psp (vice versa)

People have reported seen these older games for $9.99

the con
hot shots golf
Loco Roco 2
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Secret Agent Clank
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
and other older titles

NEW TITLES

LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo
NBA THE Inside 10

as i dug more in the pile i kept finding newer and newer games

update - people have been reporting finding these deals across the country, but on the other note no dice for some, so its definently YMMV, or the pricing team hasnt got around to pricing these games yet

update #2 - KMART restocks these "9.99" games, so keep checking up in the electronics dept

- most people find them in green carboard clearance bins (some on a clearance shelf)
- the have a green sticker stating "9.99"
- on the back theres a generic upc/sticker covering the original upc

see pics (see below)

[quote name='j_mccarty5']store manager told me the games are special promo items sent to stores, hence the special upc stickers. once they are gone, they're gone. good luck! I was only able to get LBP. Awesome deal, so thanks to the OP.[/QUOTE]

im guessing the original upc will scan at full price, this is too good of a deal for other KMART's to match others stores prices, if u get a down to earth employee who cares about customer service maybe, but since these versions are english/french, they may or may not notice the difference

[quote name='neudog']Started this TL for those CAG's unable to score any at their K-Marts: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6621003#post6621003[/QUOTE]

please note, im not KMART shopper, my wife had to use the restroom and KMART was right there, lots of people and long lines, so this was shear luck, but i soon will start stalking KMART

[IMG-L=5806]10537[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10544[/IMG-C]
[IMG-L=5806]10543[/IMG-L]
[IMG-C=5806]10542[/IMG-C]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man I had no intentions of purchasing LBP PSP (Already played the PS3 version a good bit) but at this price I can't say no.

Hopefully my Kmart will be as generous as yours.

receipt picture please .. there's no way they'd price these way down.

Stickers look a bit photoshopped, especially since the first Gran Turismo sticker isn't near the top.. I'm just skeptical because I'd love LBP PSP for $10..

[quote name='Scorch']receipt picture please .. there's no way they'd price these way down.

Stickers look a bit photoshopped, especially since the first Gran Turismo sticker isn't near the top.. I'm just skeptical because I'd love LBP PSP for $10..[/QUOTE]

lol, as soon as the site lets me load more pics i will, i got them on my computer but i cant load them on the site

i wish i had/knew how to use photoshop, trust me scorch, i was thinking it was my mind playing tricks on me, i tried 4 different scanners and they rang up as $9.99 , the reciept says "81434901012 PSP ASSTMNT", there is a sticker/upc code covering the original upc on the cover art and all of these games have the same sticker/upc

[quote name='robbyH']Must be some worker bee who wanted to fuck over K-Mart before he quit.[/QUOTE]

thats what i was thinking, these games are dam near new

[quote name='Camwi']Were the games in a cardboard bin?

Also, do you have any pics of the gourmet lollipop?[/QUOTE]

LOL

yea green cardboard bin,

[quote name='Camwi']
Also, do you have any pics of the gourmet lollipop?[/QUOTE]

this was the best deal of all and we dont have any pics! can you purchase one for me? i'll pay cost + tax + ship + gas for one

Holy shit. I REALLY can't pass up on LBP PSP at that price. I REALLY, REALLY hope I luck out at my K-Mart. Also, has anyone tried asking employees to ring up the games if they can't find them in the bin to see if they'll ring up at $10?

print the bar codes online and just go to the scanners, but the games i got have a upc sticker over the original upc

I need to know if this really is $10, I would jump all over LBP. Quite a discovery, and nice pics BTW.

Edit: The Kmart website says LBP is $39.99, and the nearest Kmart around me is quite far away. Wouldn't like to go without confirmation.

[quote name='WormFOODx']No way. Those pics of the price stickers look WAAAAY shopped, even the barcode one is at an odd angle.[/QUOTE]

no WAAAAY man, the barcode is a sticker place by an employee, watever tho man, believe what u want, i got these games and im not gonna come on here and lie to everyone

so whats next?? the reciept is fake too??

sucks kmart just closed at 11pm(PST) and i was just there a couple hours ago. Maybe i will hit them up in the morning since my local kmart is just 5 minutes away. I'll let everybody know if i have any luck getting them for $9.99.

[quote name='Chemosh013']wait, pinole. that's right by me. maybe i'll try and check it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt get ur hopes up, i checked every single game in that bin, unless i missed a game which i doubt, i know theres

the con, hot shots golf for $10

[quote name='mis0']Where in the Bay are you located? Heading back there tomorrow morning.[/QUOTE]

1500 Fitzgerald DR
Pinole, CA 94564

[quote name='aleraiders']i wouldnt get ur hopes up, i checked every single game in that bin, unless i missed a game which i doubt, i know theres

the con, hot shots golf for $10[/QUOTE]

ah thanks for the heads up man. saved me a disappointing trip. glad you found there :)

[quote name='Chemosh013']ah thanks for the heads up man. saved me a disappointing trip. glad you found there :)[/QUOTE]

mayb we can trade PM me

Damn. I was just at K-Mart earlier today picking up their weekly ad to PM Blu-Rays at Target. I'll be there first thing in the morning. Thanks OP, awesome find.

My sis works at a K Mart in roseville, mi. im going to call her during her lunch break and have her check it out for me.

the deal is real but might be hard to find. i went to the kmart in somerville, ma and managed to find 1 copy of lbp and gt for 9.99.

[quote name='Demontooth']I don't know if it's worth it to actually walk into a K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

I always feel dirty doing it, but one of my Kmarts has so many great game deals I can't help it.

I work at a kmart in Youngstown, Ohio. I just put these same games out in our dump bin friday night (12/11). They are bargain bin games with generic UPS's on them. These are put on at the warehouses. When i came across them i couldn't believe it either. Its a sweet deal. Little Big planet and Gran tourismo are totally in there.

I went this morning to Kmart. They did have a few decent ones. I got LBP, Loco Roco 2, and Final Fantasy Crisis Core. They all have the sticker UPC on the back covering the original UPC. The sticker comes off very easily so I can see major scamming in the near future. The receipt only says 81434901012 PSP Asstmnt 9.99.Good hunting.

[quote name='maxfisher']Snagged LBP at the Indy Kmart on Pendleton Pike. They had 3 more copies as of half an hour ago.[/QUOTE]

question, was it indeed in a bin or behind the glass?

[quote name='accelzero']question, was it indeed in a bin or behind the glass?[/QUOTE]

Yep, they had it in a big bin with a $9.99 sticker on the front and a generic UPC sticker on the back. It was mixed in with a bunch of other stuff, mainly store-made 2- and 3- packs of 360 and PS2 games, along with some DS titles. There was a game bin and DVD bin and both were located in the aisle in front of the electronics section.

Meh, only found The Con and Wipeout Pure at my Kmart. Oh well. Thanks for posting this, OP, and congratz to everyone who gets to be part of the deal.

[quote name='Dahk']This is YMMV. I went to Kmart and the games were behind the glass and rang up as 39.99[/QUOTE]

Might be worth checking back in a day or two. Since they have a new UPC sticker on the back, your store might've just not gotten around to doing markdowns yet. Over the years, Kmart has seemed pretty consistent on this type of markdown and I'd say it's way less YMMV than something like a Best Buy clearance.

bread's done
Back