LE Zelda 3DS Bundle $179 @ Gamestop 12/9-12/11

I just took mine back to Best Buy.
I seriously don't see myself playing the 3DS.

Besides, the word is much more are these are coming through the pipeline with many more vendors having them.

[quote name='exaznkid']wow just noticed the price on the Dark Souls Strategy guide, not bad[/QUOTE]

It's because the title update makes a ton of info in the guide obsolete.

[quote name='donut']thanks op taking my receipt in for my $20...
with this credit, $90 TIV for my ds lite and no tax...![/QUOTE]

I thought Gamestop stopped doing that special DSi trade-in offer towards 3DS.

I want one, but I have a launch Cosmo Black already. I can't justify it with just a small little paint job on the top. If it was a little more extravagant I would do it.

[quote name='audio vicious']Damnit, I just picked one of these up not even a week ago from there.[/QUOTE]

Same, mine is unopened, bought for a gift. Will they give me the new price on it if I take the item in? Or would I have to return it then repurchase it?

Would I seem like a dick doing this?

yeah the only other option is to buy another one and return it on the old receipt. its easiest just to return and rebuy instantly. some managers may just comp you.

I ordered my Zelda Bundle from GameStop during the Cyber Monday deal: $200 + $20 GC. What are the chances GameStop gives me $20 credit?

[quote name='JAlbertL']I ordered my Zelda Bundle from GameStop during the Cyber Monday deal: $200 + $20 GC. What are the chances GameStop gives me $20 credit?[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. I looked at the receipt tonight and they deducted the $20 from the price of the 3DS to 179.99. So it's basically the same price. Check your receipt to make sure.

The only thing we're out is shipping unfortunately. I also would have preferred the $20 discount over the $20 credit.

So I'm guessing nobody is in the market for a 3DS anymore as this thread has fallen to mid-page 2.

Sorry for double posting but may get a better answer here - anybody have TIV for a DSi w/ or w/o this deal? I was told $40 w/o a deal last week. I'm assuming the November TIV deal is dead so will probably go park in front of GS and walk to Target for $50 GC on non-bundle 3DS then trade in DSi to GS for $? and buy the game there. I need to work out all the math while eating breakfast but it's hard w/o knowing the TIV of the DSi.

[quote name='rjejr']So I'm guessing nobody is in the market for a 3DS anymore as this thread has fallen to mid-page 2.
[/QUOTE]

It's a solid deal for sure, but with the lack of AAA games and the rumors of a 2nd analog stick re-vamp coming, it's going to be hard for many to justify being an early adopter of this system. We all know Nintendo LOVES to change up their systems with great little tweaks and such and that's why I personally am waiting but for those that need/love the Zelda 3DS , go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='destro4eva']It's a solid deal for sure, but with the lack of AAA games and the rumors of a 2nd analog stick re-vamp coming, it's going to be hard for many to justify being an early adopter of this system. We all know Nintendo LOVES to change up their systems with great little tweaks and such and that's why I personally am waiting but for those that need/love the Zelda 3DS , go for it.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about this? Link

3DS_analog_addon_thumb.jpg

I picked up one today, I've been thinking about it for a while and just impulsed bought it. I decided the zelda model looked cool, I loved that game on the n64 and the price was in my ball park.

[quote name='rjejr']So I'm guessing nobody is in the market for a 3DS anymore as this thread has fallen to mid-page 2.[/QUOTE]
Well honestly, the only reason anyone wants a 3DS right now is to replay a 13 year old game or another 2 Mario games.

& if it wasn't for the Zelda black & gold color, I wouldn't even think about getting one to begin with. Honestly handheld gaming is dead, at least TRUE handheld gaming since every company wants the casual crap audience & they, for some reason like mental illness, like Angry Birds.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Well honestly, the only reason anyone wants a 3DS right now is to replay a 13 year old game or another 2 Mario games.

& if it wasn't for the Zelda black & gold color, I wouldn't even think about getting one to begin with. Honestly handheld gaming is dead, at least TRUE handheld gaming since every company wants the casual crap audience & they, for some reason like mental illness, like Angry Birds.[/QUOTE]

I would say dying but not dead.

Loving corpse party on PSP. Vita looks interesting.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Well honestly, the only reason anyone wants a 3DS right now is to replay a 13 year old game or another 2 Mario games.

& if it wasn't for the Zelda black & gold color, I wouldn't even think about getting one to begin with. Honestly handheld gaming is dead, at least TRUE handheld gaming since every company wants the casual crap audience & they, for some reason like mental illness, like Angry Birds.[/QUOTE]

I know I am in the minority but I still enjoy true portable gaming. I don't have a smart phone with games on it and I don't like the trendy throw away phone OS games. I like having a portable game machine like the 3ds or PSP to play real games on.

People who say handheld gaming is dead are likely the same geniuses who parrot the "consoles will kill PC gaming" and "the wii and casual games will kill console gaming" BS that gets floated by "insiders" but never comes true.

I bought this bundle online w/ the $20 gift card on Cyber Monday...if I brought my receipt into Gamestop would they give me back $20?

I really wanted one of these bundles the day of BF, then I kinda had a change of heart. After seeing how little extra it would cost to buy another PS3 bundle or Xbox 360 bundle (with Kinect nonetheless) I gave up on wanting one. I know there's a difference of portable and not-portable...but a $20 difference between this and a near full-powered system? I just couldn't bring myself to pulling the trigger on a 3DS. I'm thinking I'm gonna wait until they hit $99.

Good luck to those who got one though, they are cool looking.

[quote name='SativaSam']I bought this bundle online w/ the $20 gift card on Cyber Monday...if I brought my receipt into Gamestop would they give me back $20?[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this on page 1. Look at your receipt. My packing slip shows a price of $179.99 so they took off the $20 GC credit off the bundle price. So effectively, it's the same price and that you likely won't get $20 back because you technically didn't pay $199.99 for the bundle.

I was thinking the same thing until I checked the packing slip/receipt.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']anyone find any online codes to stack to bring down the 179.99? Too bad the best buy deal doesnt include the zelda bundle...[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy deal DOES include the Zelda bundle ;) It rings up automatically.

The problem is actually finding a Zelda bundle at a Best Buy.

[quote name='mattcube64']The problem is actually finding a Zelda bundle at a Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

That's why I ended up getting a Mario bundle, but I really like the way my red 3ds looks.

[quote name='jooanyenna']That's why I ended up getting a Mario bundle, but I really like the way my red 3ds looks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I went ahead and bought one from Gamestop today to replace my launch Cosmo Black system. I would have bought the Zelda bundle at Best Buy if I could have freaking found one :whistle2:(

Or, I wish the Mario Bundle had some small insignia on the system, instead of looking like the regular red 3DS.

[quote name='jooanyenna']That's why I ended up getting a Mario bundle, but I really like the way my red 3ds looks.[/QUOTE]

As big of a Zelda fan I am, I don't know of I want this Zelda 3DS edition cause I too really love how the red one looks...

[quote name='KidSqueek']As big of a Zelda fan I am, I don't know of I want this Zelda 3DS edition cause I too really love how the red one looks...[/QUOTE]

I don't know about other ppl, but I kind wish that the zelda edition was gold with black prints.

[quote name='KidSqueek']As big of a Zelda fan I am, I don't know of I want this Zelda 3DS edition cause I too really love how the red one looks...[/QUOTE]

I like the Zelda one, but I love the red one.

I'll be changing my blue to a red as soon as the rest of the Ambassador games release and it's verified that we can indeed transfer them to a new 3DS that the new firmware is suppose to provide.

[quote name='jooanyenna']I don't know about other ppl, but I kind wish that the zelda edition was gold with black prints.[/QUOTE]

I was actually hoping it would have been green with gold print. That would have been awesome!

[quote name='omyard']I like the Zelda one, but I love the red one.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel.

I wish the Zelda Edition had more, I don't know, effort, art, thought, creativity perhaps put into it.

It's a cosmo black with just an ever so slightly small amount of gold colored decals painted on top. Just seems so crappy and low effort on Nintendo's part for Zelda.

Remember the NES Classic Game Boy Advance SP? That was pretty neat and creative and different. The micro Famicom edition at least was different unique colors.

Man, all the love for the red 3DS in this thread convinced me to skip this bundle and go with the Target deal. That and because it was $169 and came with a $50 gift card .... and I was able to get another $40 in gift cards with the coupon target has floating around. But mostly it was the passion from the people talking about the red 3ds that made me go that route. ;)

[quote name='etcrane']and I was able to get another $40 in gift cards with the coupon target has floating around. [/QUOTE]
Coupon?

[quote name='mattcube64']I couldn't help myself.

6485324947_76505160dd_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Dude, I couldn't resist either, I got the Zelda edition too. I was staring at the red one and the Zelda one for a good while but my love for Zelda couldnt resist. Plus it was $179 and includes Ocarina of Time. So its a win win for me. :)

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Coupon?[/QUOTE]

$10 gc with $50 purchase at Target, if you get creative you can buy 3 $50 gc's and then use a final coupon when you buy the 3ds. This is ymmv and takes some leg work, also borderline unethical but if you visit that thread you'll see people doing far worse.

I like the zelda color scheme, if you start getting too much gold then it will just look cheap. I think it could have had more design though, maybe grey or white image of link ghosted in would have been cool.

Sofar just playing with the built in software I am loving the 3d effect, can't wait to dive into zelda.

[quote name='mattcube64']I couldn't help myself.
6485324947_76505160dd_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Tempted, but I know I'm getting the 3DS redesign, so it'd be a waste of money to buy this obsolete model when I already own a blue 3DS.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Tempted, but I know I'm getting the 3DS redesign, so it'd be a waste of money to buy this obsolete model when I already own a blue 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Are yu seriously considering "upgrading" to that frankenstick redesign for the 3DS?? Hmm I'd rather just save up for a Vita nd keep my original 3DS instead, but to each his own.

My preferred colors:
1. Red
2. Zelda
3. Black
4. Pink
5. Blue

bread's done
Back