Leaked GameStop Black Friday Flyer

EvilMakiPR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Scroll down for ad scans (via)

I have taken the liberty of linking many of the games and the price they WILL be.
I tried to limit the ones to the games that are at the lowest they have been.

PRICES NOT VALID UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY!

Buy 2 Get 1 FREE on ALL pre-owned products
30% Trade in bonus when trading any items towards ANY purchase

Xbox 360:
Battlefield 4 (Friday ONLY) $29.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Friday ONLY) $49.99
Payday 2 $19.99
Halo 4 Game of the Year $29.99
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year $29.99
Dishonored Game of the Year $24.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist $24.99
Skyrim Legendary Edition $29.99
WWE 2K14 $39.99
Madden 25 $39.99
NHL 14 $39.99
NCAA 14 $39.99
Need for Speed Rivals $39.99
Assassin's Creed Black Flag $39.99 (Friday ONLY)
Dynasty Warriors 8 $24.99
Saints Row 4 $29.99
Deadpool $19.99
Rayman Legends $24.99
Sniper Elite V2 Silver Star Edition $14.99
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 $19.99
Just Dance 2014

Playstation 3:
Tales of Xilia $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Dragons Crown $29.99
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn $19.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix $19.99
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year $29.99 (Friday ONLY)
Just Dance 2014
Ni No Kuni $14.99
Skyrim Legendary Edition $29.99
Beyond 2 Souls $39.99 (Friday ONLY)
Battlefield 4 $29.99
Saints Row 4 $29.99
Assassin's Creed Black Flag $39.99 (Friday ONLY)
Payday 2 $19.99
Call of Duty Ghost's $49.99 (Friday ONLY)
Splinter Cell Blacklist $24.99
NFL 25 $39.99
NCAA Football 14 $39.99
NHL 14 $39.99
WWE 2K14 $39.99
FIFA 14 $39.99
Need for Speed Rivals $39.99
Rayman Legends $24.99

Playstation Vita:
Killzone Mercenary $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Soul Sacrifice $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Little Big Planet $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Rayman Legends $24.99
8 GB Vita Memory Card $9.99 (Friday ONLY)

Wii U:
Rayman Legends $24.99
ZombiU (used) $9.99
Wii: (b2g1 free on all preowned, remember)
Xenoblade Chronicles $39.99
Metroid Prime Trilogy $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the GameStop 2013 Holiday Guide today in store, has anyone else got it?
It shows some of the same deals that are also on the Black Friday ad, like the WiiU Deluxe Set and The Walking Dead + PS Vita bundle as the same price as the BF ad. I also saw the XBox 360 with Halo 4 and Tomb Raider bundle advertised as $249, but the BF ad had it as $199.
360 seasonal bundles are $300 MSRP, available constantly throughout the holidays for $250 on "sale," and available pretty regularly for $250 with a $50 retailer gift card. Straight $200 is the BF price. So you got a flier with the de facto retail price listed, and on Black Friday it'll be cheaper as a one day deal.

Totally normal.

Did I miss all the retailers "Buy 2 get 1 free" deals? ive been waiting past couple weeks.. maybe I missed something.

360 seasonal bundles are $300 MSRP, available constantly throughout the holidays for $250 on "sale," and available pretty regularly for $250 with a $50 retailer gift card. Straight $200 is the BF price. So you got a flier with the de facto retail price listed, and on Black Friday it'll be cheaper as a one day deal.

Totally normal.

The main point is that the Holiday Guide looks to be confirming the BF ad.

Definitely in for that $30 Plus. But I'll get it at Amazon or Best Buy first if they match that price, especially online. A year of Plus is all I have left to buy for the PS4 launch... and maybe that PlayStation camera.
Unless they offer it at that price themselves, the only place that PM's on Black Friday is Walmart.

I really don't want to browse through 32 pages just to figure this out, but those anyone know how GS usually handles their Black Fridays these days? I know Tales of Xilla maybe a pain to find on the shelves so I'm hoping that they will at least keep the display cases out (in the front of the store) so I can at least grab a copy. KZ Mercs (mainly because it's on Vita) and the PS+ cards probably won't sell out too fast though.

I'm tempted to get BF4 for $30 on PC but I'll already have it on PS4 so I'm willing to wait on that.
Killzone will be the first thing you mentioned that will sell out at local stores due to low supply. That might be something you have to order online.

just gonna buy PS3 version of Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn for $20 so I will get the PS4 version for free :)

will also pick up Tales of Xillia for $20 and 2 PS+ cards :)
Pretty much my plan, too. Gonna need something to screw around with on my PS4, PS+ and FF14 could provide that.

They're cardboard cases sealed in plastic with artwork on them. Not as bad as people are making it sound.
No, it's worse. I'll take paper sleeves over fucking cardboard any day.

I don't care what the fatheaded cheapskates in Hollywood say, aside from wrapping your discs in sandpaper there is nothing worse to store them in than cardboard, and blu-rays are FAR from scratch-proof. They'd be better off just buying some notebook paper and wrapping the discs in that.

It's gotten to the point where I flat out refuse to buy ANYTHING where the discs are shoved in cardboard, irregardless of price. It's more an issue with movies than games, but I'm sick of being asked to pay obscene amounts of money for collections where they can't even be bothered to spend the extra $0.10 a unit to properly encase discs in plastic. Many times I've purchased blu ray collections that, straight out of the packaging, are scratched beyond functionality. Examples include the Die Hard collection, Aliens Quadrilogy, and the Indiana Jones Collection (Indiana Jones was a fucking nightmare unlike any I've had before, I had to return the fucking shit 3! times before I finally got a set where the original 3 films worked, and STILL ended up with a scratched up Crystal Skulls + Bonus features disc!)

So yeah... the moral of this rant is that, if these games are really just being shoved into cardboard, don't count on them functioning, it's a gamble at best. Maybe with only 1 or 2 discs vs the 6 or so each of my collections had the odds of all discs working will be more in your favor, but then again consoles are much harder to return and this is a rather pricey bundle that I still wouldn't risk it unless you are completely confident you can get a return. And if you do buys these anyways, for the love of god, spend the extra $10 to buy a small pack of blu-ray cases to keep them in. Even if they come out the cardboard in working condition the 1st time, the second the tiniest speck of dust or dirt gets into that sleeve you can kiss the disc goodbye.

Last edited:
Did I miss all the retailers "Buy 2 get 1 free" deals? ive been waiting past couple weeks.. maybe I missed something.
No offense, but why bother waiting?

I've forgotten about this only because TRU and Josh has cranked or some good deals the past 2 weeks. And if you wanted any of their preorder deals, then you probably did better than a straight up B2G1.

But then again I'm also assuming nothing went wrong with any of the TRU transactions... Just my thought on waiting around for someone to come through with that deal.

Target apparently will price match from Nov 1 to Dec 31 I think.  I wonder if that means I can buy items regular price days before Black Friday and then go with the BF ads to have them price match my items.

Target apparently will price match from Nov 1 to Dec 31 I think. I wonder if that means I can buy items regular price days before Black Friday and then go with the BF ads to have them price match my items.
How is this different than their usual price match policy?

Definitely in for that $30 Plus. But I'll get it at Amazon or Best Buy first if they match that price, especially online. A year of Plus is all I have left to buy for the PS4 launch... and maybe that PlayStation camera.
In the PlayStation deals thread, Breakfuss mentioned that the AmazonDeals person said Amazon will be matching the $30 PS+.

So I went in to cancel my BF4 pre-order and the employee there did his darnedest to try and convince me that all the sales in the entire Black Friday have been canceled.  :rofl:

Don't blame him. Blame GS corporate for all the pressure they put on workers about upsell numbers.
Sure. Let's not blame the liar for lying.
I understand that corporate pushes ridiculous quotas on their employees and it does suck for employees but to straight-up tell a BS lie to your customers is even worse than corporate demanding absurd sales numbers. Imagine if I was a stereotypical "less knowledgeable" customer and come Black Friday I found out that this employee lied to me. You'd best believe I would do everything in my power to make sure this guy was fired. His lie bought him one more point to his quota but corporate now has an excuse to fire him.

Now keep in my mind I know better and don't blame them but the fact remains that this lie should have never been made. Something like "those sales are subject to change" would have been much more appropriate.

I understand that corporate pushes ridiculous quotas on their employees and it does suck for employees but to straight-up tell a BS lie to your customers is even worse than corporate demanding absurd sales numbers. Imagine if I was a stereotypical "less knowledgeable" customer and come Black Friday I found out that this employee lied to me. You'd best believe I would do everything in my power to make sure this guy was fired. His lie bought him one more point to his quota but corporate now has an excuse to fire him.

Now keep in my mind I know better and don't blame them but the fact remains that this lie should have never been made. Something like "those sales are subject to change" would have been much more appropriate.
Exactly. A good salesperson doesn't have to manufacture lies to sell something. He could've tried selling the guy on something else or recommending another game instead of doing that. Just because he has pressure and quotas doesn't mean he gets to lie. I don't understand why people are letting this guy off so easy. It's a damn shame that sales people do this sort of thing. It just shows you have to be a savvy consumer, otherwise you're going to get ripped off left and right. Stay informed and don't trust these morons.

I remember when an employee at Gamestop wouldn't stop bugging me about pre-ordering "GTA V" despite the fact that I told him that I pre-ordered it at Best Buy already. He then went on about how he worked at Best Buy and they don't hold pre-orders there and how he felt "bad for me" because I was going to miss out on the game. Kind of a stupid lie considering they hold pre-orders longer than Gamestop and had an excellent pre-order deal to boot in comparison.

I do wonder if some managers try to tell their employees to engage in this type of behavior, because some stores are more persistant and lie more than others.

Last edited:
I remember when an employee at Gamestop wouldn't stop bugging me about pre-ordering "GTA V" despite the fact that I told him that I pre-ordered it at Best Buy already. He then went on about how he worked at Best Buy and they don't hold pre-orders there and how he felt "bad for me" because I was going to miss out on the game. Kind of a stupid lie considering they hold pre-orders longer than Gamestop and had an excellent pre-order deal to boot in comparison.

I do wonder if some managers try to tell their employees to engage in this type of behavior, because some stores are more persistant and lie more than others.
This is definitely true in some stores. I can't speak for gamestop specifically, but when I worked in retail we definitely had managers who encouraged us to lie to customers about their options and what we had in stock.

No offense, but why bother waiting?

I've forgotten about this only because TRU and Josh has cranked or some good deals the past 2 weeks. And if you wanted any of their preorder deals, then you probably did better than a straight up B2G1.

But then again I'm also assuming nothing went wrong with any of the TRU transactions... Just my thought on waiting around for someone to come through with that deal.

Because I don't usually buy games retail, I usually just buy games on steam but i do have a 3ds that needs love too. I'm looking to buy pokemon and 2 other games. I am late to the pokemon hype. Did I miss pokemon deals?

It's not a GS exclusive.
I know but there was some rumors that it might of been, as well as some posters here worried about it too. In any case this is good news since I'd rather pre-order it from Best Buy or if there's any luck with the recent ordeal with Amazon selling 3DS' again from there instead.

pKVbhpz.png

any chance Target will have it?  I mean of course I gotta have it, but with Target I can basically make it tax free with the RedCard discount.

any chance Target will have it? I mean of course I gotta have it, but with Target I can basically make it tax free with the RedCard discount.
Going by every other year that the DS/3DS had a LE holiday bundle, they'll have it. Along with Toysrus, Wal-Mart, and, obviously, GameStop.

bread's done
Back