Leaked GameStop Black Friday Flyer

EvilMakiPR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Scroll down for ad scans (via)

I have taken the liberty of linking many of the games and the price they WILL be.
I tried to limit the ones to the games that are at the lowest they have been.

PRICES NOT VALID UNTIL BLACK FRIDAY!

Buy 2 Get 1 FREE on ALL pre-owned products
30% Trade in bonus when trading any items towards ANY purchase

Xbox 360:
Battlefield 4 (Friday ONLY) $29.99
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Friday ONLY) $49.99
Payday 2 $19.99
Halo 4 Game of the Year $29.99
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year $29.99
Dishonored Game of the Year $24.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist $24.99
Skyrim Legendary Edition $29.99
WWE 2K14 $39.99
Madden 25 $39.99
NHL 14 $39.99
NCAA 14 $39.99
Need for Speed Rivals $39.99
Assassin's Creed Black Flag $39.99 (Friday ONLY)
Dynasty Warriors 8 $24.99
Saints Row 4 $29.99
Deadpool $19.99
Rayman Legends $24.99
Sniper Elite V2 Silver Star Edition $14.99
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 $19.99
Just Dance 2014

Playstation 3:
Tales of Xilia $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Dragons Crown $29.99
Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn $19.99
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix $19.99
Borderlands 2 Game of the Year $29.99 (Friday ONLY)
Just Dance 2014
Ni No Kuni $14.99
Skyrim Legendary Edition $29.99
Beyond 2 Souls $39.99 (Friday ONLY)
Battlefield 4 $29.99
Saints Row 4 $29.99
Assassin's Creed Black Flag $39.99 (Friday ONLY)
Payday 2 $19.99
Call of Duty Ghost's $49.99 (Friday ONLY)
Splinter Cell Blacklist $24.99
NFL 25 $39.99
NCAA Football 14 $39.99
NHL 14 $39.99
WWE 2K14 $39.99
FIFA 14 $39.99
Need for Speed Rivals $39.99
Rayman Legends $24.99

Playstation Vita:
Killzone Mercenary $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Soul Sacrifice $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Little Big Planet $19.99 (Friday ONLY)
Rayman Legends $24.99
8 GB Vita Memory Card $9.99 (Friday ONLY)

Wii U:
Rayman Legends $24.99
ZombiU (used) $9.99
Wii: (b2g1 free on all preowned, remember)
Xenoblade Chronicles $39.99
Metroid Prime Trilogy $39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you even ask? Not saying it matters, but there are legitimate reasons to still want an Xbox 360. These include a huge library of games that will soon be going on sale, some support on some level in the future (like Watch Dogs), being unable to play previous generation games (I still want more upcoming PS3 games than anything announced for the PS4), and other such things.

With that being said, I've come to realize that CL is filled with way too many assholes. Now a days I list things mostly to laugh at the offers I get. Some of the better ones being...

$60 for my Pikachu 3DS XL

$40 for The Wonderful 101 + Pokemon Y + Super Luigi U + Luigi's Mansion

$10 for Disgaea D2

$20 for Soul Sacrifice + Rayman Legends + Killzone Mercenary + Muramasa
I got some offers like that too. One from the top of my head:

$40: Forza 3+Tekken 6+CoD: Modern Warfare 2

This was when they just came out. :dunce:

Anyone else planning on getting a DS Lite? I hope im the only one so I can pick and choose the best one.

I got some offers like that too. One from the top of my head:

$40: Forza 3+Tekken 6+CoD: Modern Warfare 2

This was when they just came out. :dunce:
The best is when you reply and they give you an even better offer. I mentioned to the Pikachu 3DS XL person that the lowest I saw the system going for was $250 on eBay, so I mentioned wanting around that. He then countered with $75 because I "wouldn't make much more after eBay and PayPal fees".

The best is when you reply and they give you an even better offer. I mentioned to the Pikachu 3DS XL person that the lowest I saw the system going for was $250 on eBay, so I mentioned wanting around that. He then countered with $75 because I "wouldn't make much more after eBay and PayPal fees".
I wouldn't have even responded to the $60 offer, but countering with $75 and the eBay fee comments after you revealed that you know what it is worth just makes it even more insulting. I would have strung him along by telling him to meet me at inconvenient locations and then make up an excuse why I didn't show up. He definitely deserved it.

Why did you even ask? Not saying it matters, but there are legitimate reasons to still want an Xbox 360. These include a huge library of games that will soon be going on sale, some support on some level in the future (like Watch Dogs), being unable to play previous generation games (I still want more upcoming PS3 games than anything announced for the PS4), and other such things.

With that being said, I've come to realize that CL is filled with way too many assholes. Now a days I list things mostly to laugh at the offers I get. Some of the better ones being...

$60 for my Pikachu 3DS XL

$40 for The Wonderful 101 + Pokemon Y + Super Luigi U + Luigi's Mansion

$10 for Disgaea D2

$20 for Soul Sacrifice + Rayman Legends + Killzone Mercenary + Muramasa
Soon be going on sale? The XBox 360 already has a MASSIVE library, with that vast majority of titles falling in the 20 dollar range price wise. Then again, if you believe that BS story about a guy running away after hearing about Xbox One, I have a great piece of swampland to sell down in florida.

I plan on owning an Xbox 360 for at least another 10+ years and I am buying an Xbox One at launch. If someone dosn't understand why someone would want an Xbox 360, or a PS3 for that matter, simply because new consoles are coming out soon.....well, I think thats a pretty big indicator that those people aren't really gamers or that their elevator isn't going to the top floor.

Seems everyone is too busy making plans to answer this question.
We're too busy actually reading the thread to answer this question that can be answered by reading this thread.
And or clicking the link in the first post. I know I know, clicking a link is harder than asking the same question several times, but sometimes you got to apply a little more effort than expecting others to waste their good time helping you out. For those thinking this statement seems ironic, well, I am okay with taking time out of my day to insult people.

Soon be going on sale? The XBox 360 already has a MASSIVE library, with that vast majority of titles falling in the 20 dollar range price wise. Then again, if you believe that BS story about a guy running away after hearing about Xbox One, I have a great piece of swampland to sell down in florida.

I plan on owning an Xbox 360 for at least another 10+ years and I am buying an Xbox One at launch. If someone dosn't understand why someone would want an Xbox 360, or a PS3 for that matter, simply because new consoles are coming out soon.....well, I think thats a pretty big indicator that those people aren't really gamers or that their elevator isn't going to the top floor.

People understand that terms like sale and deal are vague terms that differ from person to person... right? Some people consider a flip worthwhile for $3 (sometimes less) dollars profit. Some people considered MSRP for a collectors edition worth it, since they love the game / want the items. Other people didn't consider Ni no Kuni a deal at $30 dollars. There are plenty of examples, which is going to vary depending on how much you want it and how much you have. Like my one friend pays for his college out of pocket and has maybe $50 dollars of "fun money" a month. I recall him saving up for 3 months just so he could play Pokemon X on release, so something at $20 dollars for him is hardly a deal.

As far as believing the story... I would file it under I don't give a fuck . It's easier to just take it for face value, than trying to figure out where the reality really is. Also I've seen too many stupid people and absurd offers (even on CAG) to find it completely unbelievable. Like someone on CAG offered me the full 2012 (I think) Square Enix Rewards package (I only wanted the picture and only slightly) for my phat PS3 under the following conditions. I prove the machine works 100%, the firmware was on 4.31 (I believe that was the number) and I shipped to him first. Thats a LOT of effort / conditions to get a framed picture and a license plate holder...

I was operating under the assumption that even if those cards can be easily stocked, they would put out a few cards during BF, and have a stack of them hidden in the back, to be put out after BF ends. If I was a retailer I would definitely do this.
That's highly unlikely. The whole point of the sale is to sell. If they run out of stock of a popular sales item that will only infuriate the consumers, and possibly drive away potential business. The PS+ cards are the easiest and cheapest item that they could stock in bulk. It's a great way for them to get consumers into stores without having to worry about running out.

Then there's also the markup. The markup for a PS+ card is much higher than most other retail products. It basically represents something intangible, and the manufacturing cost is negligible.

They are advertising it as a used game sale so I am thinking it will depend on if your nearby stores even have a used copy of the game at all unless they are holding some back for this deal. I think they are just using those as examples as something you COULD find used. No harm going there and checking though.
I thought Gamestop printed a bunch of these and opened them to sell them for marked up prices. I'm betting they ordered a bunch of reprints to sell for the sale.

Any chance that we'll be able to get the Tales of Xillia Limited Edition for $19.99 or are those basically all gone now?
Slight chance you'll get the day 1 edition, depends on store and how nice the employee is feeling if they still have preorders that weren't picked up and just stashed in the drawer.

Are the consoles considered to be "doorbusters"?
The consoles haven't been door busters in the past.

PS3 holiday bundles are $200 and available until they're gone. Stock tends to dry up quickly, but you can sometimes find them close to Christmas at Sony Stores. Some stores (NewEgg) sell them over MSRP after Black Friday, usually for $250.

The 360 bundles are offered for $50 off MSRP throughout the holiday season (Best Buy's $250 sale last week, for example) and $100 off MSRP on Black Friday. $50 off and a $50 retailer gift card offers are pretty common, too.

Still no update yet on this flyer?  Guess we're assuming sales as shown (aside from the obvious delayed games like Watch Dogs, etc.)?

I wonder how long I can wait until I cancel my Amazon pre-order for BF4.  Maybe I'll do it on Friday...don't want them to sneakily ship it out over the weeekend...

Whoa, being a little harsh there aren't you? I've seen people PM far more sketchy deals, like Newegg "sales" where everything is sold out within 10 minutes or sales on Origin/Capcom's website. Don't blame the chick at the register, I'm a very charming guy ;)

For the record, I do have a physical copy of this "leaked" ad (please don't ask me how) so why shouldn't they PM it? Even if I didn't, the digital flyer should be good enough for a lot of stores, unless you have a manager who just flat out refuses to PM Black Friday deals. Otherwise I'm not sure I see why anybody would have trouble PMing a Gamestop flier.
Actually, a lot of stores have a policy put in that says they can't PM specific sales (e.g. BF being a major one where they directly compete against each other so no PMing). If you get lucky and employees/managers aren't in the know, then stuff like this happens often.

There's like 5 vanilla copies sitting on a shelf here at the Best Buy in the area I'm in for 20 bucks. Should I pick it up for CAGers?
Thanks but I'm good. When BB originally dropped the price to $20 I know they cleared out nearly everywhere though, I had to go to 3 stores before I grabbed the last one in stock.

I would strongly advise that you NOT do this. Of all the items available in this ad, the PS+ cards are going to be the most plentiful in terms of stock. Those retail cards don't expire, so it is perfectly safe for GameStop to stockpile a generous quantity for Black Friday, and then just sell any overstock over the course of the next year. The diminutive size of these cards also makes them much more friendly for stocking a sizable chunk. Just stop by GameStop shortly after the sale begins, and you should be able to get one, no problem. There isn't going to be any need to camp out for the PS+ cards.
ah.. well in years past, GameStop had lines out the door around the holidays so its probably still a good idea to get there early. But I live in NY and the population is out of control here. Plus the news is blasting this "the economy may be in turmoil because of political indecisiveness.. people are penny pinching this Christmas" >_> people have killed in the past for black Friday sales man.. be careful. Go early

It's a new media warehouse store owned by Hastings... I didn't realize till today that Denver, Colorado is the only place there is one in the nation... However I wonder if other stores like this will do it, like Hastings?

But if you live around Denver it is in Littleton, might be a smart place to go, seeing as I bet other Current Gen games on the upgrade list will be possibly discounted.
I dig, thanks. I live in Denver so this is great news. Think I can wait until this weekend to check it out?

Nice prices for sure. I will be checking gamestop out when black Friday roles around. It's weird seeing the Wii selling for $40. I'll get Batman Arkham Origins then. 

I think the big question now regarding the Zelda 3DSXL is, people keep exclaiming "The Bundle" being Gamestop exclusive.  Does anyone know if the gold system itself minus the digital download of Zelda will appear at, say, Best Buy where I have some trade?

I think the big question now regarding the Zelda 3DSXL is, people keep exclaiming "The Bundle" being Gamestop exclusive. Does anyone know if the gold system itself minus the digital download of Zelda will appear at, say, Best Buy where I have some trade?
I dont think so. Every time a Zelda system bundle has happened on a Gamestop BF ad, they have been Gamestop Exclusive

Oh man, then its time to migrate my trade from Best Buy to Gamestop....  Anybody know any games that make a good straight across trade from Best Buy to Gamestop?

Looking at the ad I have been wanting to pick up a cheap smartphone off contract somewhere, a WiiU at less than new price, and maybe an iPad or Android tablet as well. I see that there will be a "buy 2 used items get 1 free". I could pick up a Galaxy SIII or whatever used smartphone that's the best they have, a tablet, and a WiiU and my big money purchases could be over for a bit.

Being able to pick up a WiiU, decent smartphone, and a good tablet for under $650 would be great!

If this thread is any indicator of how BF is going to be at Gamestop, I have to say good luck to the employees and good luck to the CAGs. I have worked a couple BF's at gamestop and they were pretty crazy and the Ad was nowhere near as good as this. The $200 ps3 bundle with LBP 2 and something else ( I think it was R&C but I can't remember) was gone in an instant. I am hoping to get a couple deals, especially the a couple years of PS+ but, I think this years BF is going to be out of hand.

Will these prices and offers be good online also?

Im considering getting that ps3 bundle for my best friend since she wants to play last of us, and I keep the batman game. But I also have to work that day and I don't feel like fighting store crowds. If I can get it online its a done deal, but Im not sure if their black Friday deals are good in store only or not.

well with that $10 upgrade thing you get the xb1 or ps4 version for $40. seems good.
Except that expires before BF.

You guys saying PSN cards will be easy to find...good luck. GS is usually packed on Black Friday and with new consoles this year I expect it to be even crazier.

i guess im lucky that my regular gamestop is pretty slow. Last year I went in at 2am and they still had everything and no one was there.

Jesus. NO. No one can confirm ANYTHING. It has only been shown in the only gaming black Friday ad so no one has any idea if its going to be out for any other store. It has not even been officially announced yet for the US for Christ's sakes.

bread's done
Back