LeBron admits to smoking weed!!! Duh!

iAlCaPwn

CAG Veteran
Lebron is releasing a book this September and admitted that he smoked pot in high school. Obliviously!!!!!!!!!! Really that is the dumbest topic to write an article on. Everyone in high school has either smoked a cigarette, black and mild, or some pot. Even Michael Phelps. Great men use weed. Lebron, Phelps, Bob Marley.

The link to the ESPN article is http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4350557

Write what you think.....

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Yeah, everyone in high school has smoked pot or cigarettes.

I mean, obliviously!!!!!!!

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well I did.. and so did all my friends. But I guess it's because I'm from kind of a not so good area.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']why is it obvious? because he's black?! take your bigotry elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot...Pretty sure his comment was in no way racially driven. Stop being so damn sensitive. It's obvious because it is called growing up, peer pressure, high school, etc. NOT obvious because he is black.

[quote name='mis0']Well I did.. and so did all my friends. But I guess it's because I'm from kind of a not so good area.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but are you everyone?

No big deal, really, pot is pretty harmless in and of itself. Not too bright on LeBron's behalf considering how much scrutiny he has been under since the last game he played in.

Look, if you want to smoke, fine, but to assume it's the norm, or that everyone in high school does it, is just adolescent.

[quote name='iAlCaPwn'] Everyone in high school has either smoked a cigarette, black and mild, or some pot. Even Michael Phelps. Great men use weed. Lebron, Phelps, Bob Marley.

[/QUOTE]

Um no.

"No drugs or alcohol so I can the signal clear." - Andre 3000

I never have touched any of the stuff.

I don't care if anyone else does in the privacy of their own home, but don't assume everyone has smoked (or drank for that matter).

I don't think the OP meant to imply that actually *everyone* did those things in HS. Just that it's very common. I'm not the least bit surprised about LeBron and it has nothing to do with him being black.
To provide another example to go with mis0's, I went to a private school and all my friends there had at least tried one of the above listed.

Nobody should give a fuck about this. If anything, it should show that you can smoke weed and still come to be considered a 5-star athlete.

[quote name='JJSP']I'm amused only one person pointed out he said "OBLIVIOUSLY".[/QUOTE]

Apparently, it's how you spell "obviously" when you're high as a kite. What I find amusing is how dumb most of the posts in this thread are. First of all, the OP's assumption that everybody smoked a cigarette, pot, etc. in high school is completely baseless.

Then, you've got somebody taking this baseless comment, and turning it into racism. Then, you've got a poster coming in defending the OP trying to explain what he was "implying". It's kinda hard to imply something when you explicitly state it (ie. "Everyone in high school has either smoked a cigarette, black and mild, or some pot"). It sounds like a bunch of fucking potheads having a conversation in here, lol. I want that 3 minutes of my life back.

[quote name='Moxio']Oh great, now morons are going to come in here and start debating about the dangers of smoking pot.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that there are morons on both sides of the issue.

I don't care what people do until they bring it into my domain. My house, my car, my rules. I don't need or want it around my domain. Your house, your car, your rules. That's all that matters.

[quote name='crushtopher']You're an idiot...Pretty sure his comment was in no way racially driven. Stop being so damn sensitive. It's obvious because it is called growing up, peer pressure, high school, etc. NOT obvious because he is black.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Then, you've got somebody taking this baseless comment, and turning it into racism.[/QUOTE]

I think you folks need your sarcasm detectors checked.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I bet iAlCaPwn sniffed a whole bunch of glue too.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Apparently, it's how you spell "obviously" when you're high as a kite. What I find amusing is how dumb most of the posts in this thread are. First of all, the OP's assumption that everybody smoked a cigarette, pot, etc. in high school is completely baseless.

Then, you've got somebody taking this baseless comment, and turning it into racism. Then, you've got a poster coming in defending the OP trying to explain what he was "implying". It's kinda hard to imply something when you explicitly state it (ie. "Everyone in high school has either smoked a cigarette, black and mild, or some pot"). It sounds like a bunch of fucking potheads having a conversation in here, lol. I want that 3 minutes of my life back.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I love this thread.

[quote name='Rocko']I think you folks need your sarcasm detectors checked.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']why is it obvious? because he's black?! take your bigotry elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

That reeks of sarcasm? I don't see it.

Back in '99 85% of my graduating class admitted to trying at least pot.

I once went to a party and some friends were passing a j in the living room(took a drag off) then I went to kitchen the and they were doing lines of something. Me and my buddies were like "pots cool but we didn't know you guys were doing drugs we're outta here."

I don't think Ramstoria is that stupid, and the "?!" at the end of the first sentence, to me, makes it read differently.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']Yeah, everyone in high school has smoked pot or cigarettes.

I mean, obliviously!!!!!!!

:roll:[/QUOTE]

not necessarily, i for one did not smoke pot, cigarettes, weed or any listed above through high school and graduated a clean man.

Same with now, im in college and have not smoked any of that because there's really no need to. But i have drinked alchol twice before

Never have smoked cigarettes because it's the ultimate hustle in the whole world. Shit got chemicals I'd never fuck with (plus the price has always been too high) and yet there are new smokers everyday. HILARIOUS!

Never done drugs because I've seen the effect on family members. Plus, I'll like to be able to pass any drug test without having to go the whole "is a drug test needed" route

Most of my friends, even the ones I'd never expect to have done such things, have done such things. It's their life. I'm quick to tell them I can't ride with them if they're smoking though. Or I'll just leave and come back. Can't stand the smell and don't feel like endangering myself.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']not necessarily, i for one did not smoke pot, cigarettes, weed or any listed above through high school and graduated a clean man.

Same with now, im in college and have not smoked any of that because there's really no need to. But i have drinked alchol twice before[/QUOTE]

I know, I was making fun of him.

[quote name='darkslime']I admit I'm still in high school and have smoked weed but not regularly.
the majority of people i know have.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me, but I find this amusing. You've smoked weed...AND most of the people you know have also? Wow...how does that happen? :lol:

Ya know what, I'd also bet there's a correlation with people who haven't smoked, that most of the people they know haven't either. Someone call Dr Phil! This is groundbreaking, lol.

(Sorry if that sounded dickish at all. I didn't mean it like that. Just the irony in that people tend to hang out with people with similiar interests)

Lets not start a "the dangers/benefits of marijuana debate" here. Keep that shit in the politics forum. Because that's what it is, politics. A good majority of uninformed people frown upon marijuana because the government tells them to. Within that same majority, there are people who fucking love drinking a cold beer and relaxing with a cigar every now and then. Alcohol and cigs are drugs too, it's just that they're legal and socially accepted. Now, if there were more business conglomerates investing and promoting marijuana as a mainstream product, and the government gets behind then because they're noticing the $$$ being made, we got ourselves another "legal drug". But yeah, I'm sure most of y'all heard this shit, so I'll just stop there.

In my opinion, it's actually better having marijuana as an illegal drug because yeah, though I used to smoke pot up the wazoo, I would not want some kids blazing up when I'm trying to study, eat a meal, or have a conversation in a public area. Also, as an illegal drug, it's more cost friendly for actual consumers. $10-$20 (depends on where you're from) for the basic dub sack is more cost efficient than the $20-$35 they charge you at legal medicinal clinics. Sure, the medicinal stuff is more potent, dense, and sticky icky, but find the good connects and you can get the purp, GG, trainwreck and all that fancy shit for a good price.

But yeah, I'm not a big proponent of blazing because it does have it's negative effects. Made me and most of my pot heads friends degenerates for the first couple years of college. Now I'm playing catch up so I can actually stay within a competitive pool for law school. Instead of having a good time on Friday nights like the other kids, I'm here posting on CAG, working on my honors thesis and studying for finals. You smoke too much of that stuff, you'll get dependent on it. I couldn't enjoy my food, sleep well, and get through my classes without toking up and keeping my high going throughout the day. Picking up smoking is one of those things I hella regret, because like I said, I'm behind the game of life.

ANYWAY, I'll stop writing an essay. LeBron is a pussy anyway. My boy Kobe should have won the season MVP title because yeah, he can actually win a championship. :bouncy:

[quote name='btw1217']Look, if you want to smoke, fine, but to assume it's the norm, or that everyone in high school does it, is just adolescent.[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said. I agree.

Sick mykevermin impression. :lol:

I thought this was actually going to be an "oblivious" story. Like the infamous "I didn't inhale" but with a 'I didn't know what it was' added on the end.

Instead we get another pointless internet fight and all our lives are shorter and less fulfilling for it.

:(

weed's not really a drug who cares... nobody would care if he had been smoking some kind of aroma therapy herb like lavender or whatever... so what difference is mj... it's illegal but it's an unjustified law, nobody would care if he jaywalked on an empty street... nobody should care that he smoked mj, it's not a big deal, i bet he's had alcohol before, they should be focusing on that, it's way less responsible

bread's done
Back