Left 4 Dead 2 - Discussion Thread

Realism is my new favorite. It forces people to communicate better and stay together. Non-team players get fucked.

As for rushing in versus, you basically HAVE to now. You can't camp out the events anymore. I think people not knowing where to go is what is stopping them from doing it right now.

Maybe I'm a little retarded, but I have difficulty not backtracking through Swamp Fever; I just can't find my way around the place.

I tried to get a feel of the level before hopping into co-op and ending up quitting before completing the campaign.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Maybe I'm a little retarded, but I have difficulty not backtracking through Swamp Fever; I just can't find my way around the place.

I tried to get a feel of the level before hopping into co-op and ending up quitting before completing the campaign.[/QUOTE]

I did it last night and I didn't get lost once. Seems pretty straight forward.

I'm hoping to pick this up as GS Black Friday with a gift card and get it for about $5. If not, well I'll have to wait I guess like I did for L4D1 which I only got 3 months ago.

[quote name='sotc1988']Just in case four player co-op isn't enough...
SIXTEEN PLAYERS?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7gXFVkSyI8&fmt=22[/QUOTE]
Yeah, modders setup some really cool servers with the first game that could support 8v8 and those were a blast. Hunter games was another example but I can't remember what the infected cap was. Valve really should explore more game modes like these because a deathmatch mode would be pretty sweet IMO.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I'd rather see deathmatch games of infected VS infected.[/QUOTE]
If you ever played a HL mod called Vampire Slayer, I'd imagine deathmatch being something like that. Custom classes between the four characters and only hunter infected. That would be some crazy fun shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROGwqKczxuY

[quote name='guyver2077']i think Dell has this for $30 right now.. are there better deals on BF?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has it for the same price on BF.

Question: so if I buy the retail box for L4D2, it simply activates in Steam and I don't need to use the disc, still get steam achievements, and still can redownload it from whereever just as buying it off Steam, correct?

Thanks.

Finally got to try out this game. Versus mode is much better than the original. You can't just camp out in corners every step of the way because spitters and chargers will fuck you up.

The original had much better ambiance and the characters are more memorable, but the sequel has really tightened up gameplay (despite hunter nerfing) and has a much more coherent "plot".

Melee is implemented very well, Scavenge is great fun, and who the hell is interested in playing Survival any longer when there's only 1 achievement for it?

Any CAGs interested, I have a L4D1/2 group of about 50 players who don't rage and try to play a team-oriented style; always looking for others. Look me up at http://steamcommunity.com/id/dfgarcia or in the CAG Steam group once they get around to adding me.

I don't know why I bought this game (yes I do; it was $21) because I just can't bring myself to play it. I think I just burned out playing the first one for a year straight and it just feels dead to me now.

[quote name='Jodou']I don't know why I bought this game (yes I do; it was $21) because I just can't bring myself to play it. I think I just burned out playing the first one for a year straight and it just feels dead to me now.[/QUOTE]

cool_story_bro.jpg

[quote name='dfg']Any CAGs interested, I have a L4D1/2 group of about 50 players who don't rage and try to play a team-oriented style; always looking for others. [/quote]

Is this an actual Steam group? Or just people on your friends list?

Is this an actual Steam group? Or just people on your friends list?

The 50-odd group is a Steam group, but I like to vet people to make sure they're worth the group's collective while (no raging, no asshattery). Of course I have other Steamfriends I play with. Also of note is that people in the group aren't necessarily teh mos l33t players; it's a group of players who can for the most part be counted on to stay in a whole game (versus, scavenge, whatever) from start to finish.

On that note, anybody finish expert realism with all 4 survivors surviving yet? What a bitch!

re: Valve's promises yadda yadda

You mean, just like with Crash Course, X360 players have to pay, and PC users will get it for free. That's fine with me. I have zero desire to ever play a FPS on console ever again, so when they get shafted, I couldn't care less.

bread's done
Back