Left 4 Dead 2 or Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2

Chadfx

CAGiversary!
with the holiday season upon us , i am still chocked between getting l4d 2 and codmw 2, what are your suggestions on which game I should buy.

It's personal preference, really. Most people will automatically say MW2, but if you like L4D more than COD:MW, then you should probably get L4D2. Both games should be great.

From a CAG standpoint, I don't know that MW2 will drop significantly in price after the initial $20GC offers from Amazon & Walmart.com. L4D2, however, will be $40 on Black Friday. I'm getting both, and I'll only essentially be spending $80, which is quite reasonable for new titles.

I wasn't that impressed with the L4D2 demo either TBH, MW2 should have good single-player and multi-player. Also I suspect MW2 will hold it's price better as well.

My vote for zombies. I'm guessing lots of people will learn towards COD but nothing beats teaming up with 3 buddies on L4D for a zombie massacre.

Pretty different style games despite both being FPS. Personally I'm just not a fan of the COD community or the kill, die, kill, kill, die, repeat type of games. It's too much like Halo in that regard. But I was also to get 8 friends going in L4D 2-3 times a week when it first came out, so it really depends on preference of FPS and who you're playing with. It seems to matter a lot less if you're just playing with pubbies for COD.

Everybody and there grandma is going to be playing MW2 for the next couple months. L4D2 will also drop in price a lot quicker than a CoD game.

I tried the L4D2 demo and it just seems like an expansion pack to l4d1. The melee weapons weren't all that much fun (but I didn't come across the chainsaw so that might make it more interesting) But some of the MW2 missions don't sound that much better ie the snowmobile chase (basically follow a set path on a snow mobile) If you like MP and CO-op than MW2 might be the better choice. If you are a single player, offline than L4D2

MW2 is the obvious choice but I'm actually looking forward to L4D2 more so I voted for that. Still will be picking up both on release day.

I'll be getting MW2 day one, and L4D2 sometime this season, so obviously I like both, but MW2 gets my vote by a mile.

Even thought I voted for MW2, it will end up being both. I will get MW2 week it comes out and then maybe L4D2 in a month or so after I have worn out MW2 and give it a break.

I'll be getting CoD:MW2 on release date. Then on Black Friday I'll pick up L4D for $40. Gives me time to play CoD:MW2 a little then get a slight break.

I've only played the demos for both Left 4 Dead games and I just don't get them. They really don't appeal to me. Modern Warfare 2, I mean i'm still playing the first and its been two years since launch.

The poll is a tough one for me. I plan on getting both and think both have their benefits. Both will be great online experiences, COD for its size of matches and L4D for its co-op play.

MW:2 (even MW:1), perhaps blasting your way through zombies is fun...of course it's fun but there's a certain satisfaction about hearing your CO over comms and putting down terrorists that is much more appealing and rewarding.

Plus MW:2 just looks stunning.

This is really a personal preference. Do you like online multiplayer or campaign/coop more? If MP is more your type, MW2. If an awesomely fun and replayable campaign/coop is more to your liking, then L4D2. I will be getting both and I honestly could play MW2's MP over and over, but I could also play L4D2's coop campaigns over and over.

to me, replay value has a ton to do with how i view a game. to me, l4d just didn't have any. one play through and it felt like it was enough and the other modes could only keep me so entertained. the fps genre has a lot more replay value to me, and i loved cod4, so i personally chose mw2 over l4d2. in the end, it's up to you though.

L4D has more replay value for me, so I voted with that.

Ultimately, ask yourself: which do you prefer between CoD4 and L4D1? I don't think it should be a tough decision based on that.

bread's done
Back