Left 4 Dead 2 PC Game - $26.99 + tax FS AC @ Gamestop.com

nirv

CAGiversary!
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...7&sourceID=lw9MynSeamY-2wfe4EmqEJc.NNFkKiIsuA

Left 4 Dead 2 PC 1

Usually Ships In 24 Hours $29.99

BEMERRY - 10% off all new & used titles plus free Ground Shipping. Not valid on consoles. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 12/21/09 11:59PM. - Left 4 Dead 2
- $3.00

Sub-Total: $26.99

Handling: $5.99
BEMERRY - 10% off all new & used titles plus free Ground Shipping. Not valid on consoles. May not be combined with other offers. Expires 12/21/09 11:59PM.
- $5.99

Estimated Tax: $2.50

Order Total: $29.49

Shipping Method:
USA Ground - $0.00 - Allow 3 business days for transit & 1 business day for processing

Thanks, I canceled my order (also ~$30) at Amazon.com, which wouldn't ship until December 15 or so, and bought Left 4 Dead 2 from GameStop.com instead.

It's pretty cool how the game got a $20 off sale almost instantly. Wonder if this is low enough to please people who thought it should've been priced more like an expansion pack.

At lesat with an expansion pack, the original content is often incorporated. It's unfortunate that they are separate at all. And no, I wasn't part of a boycott or anything like that, just thinking about other games I play that use various maps and how unhappy I would be if expansions packs were separate.

Last year left 4 dead dropped to 30 bucks within 3 week of release. Good thing I waited this time around to see the same thing happening again. I will be doing the same thing next year when left 4 dead 3 is released.

[quote name='usea']If I get this, will I be able to add the game on steam with a code once it arrives?[/QUOTE]

There's no way it won't be activated on steam, as both are made by Valve. The only benefit of buying a disc is having all the files (minus patches, obv.) there rather than downloading it.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']There's no way it won't be activated on steam, as both are made by Valve. The only benefit of buying a disc is having all the files (minus patches, obv.) there rather than downloading it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I realized right after I hit post how dumb of a question it was. Thank you. Cheers.

damn excellent price.. this game dropped on PC fast.. I'm with guy above, this is expansion pack prices especially only after like 2-3 weeks after release. nuts! Gonna have to lower my FS price on my key lol

Huh, I was planning on ordering this and then returning the $30 copy I got in-store a few days ago, but it seems that for some reason you get charged tax when using the Edge card credit online but not when used in-store, so the difference was only around $1. Wonder why you don't get charged tax in-store but do online.

[quote name='usea']Yeah I realized right after I hit post how dumb of a question it was. Thank you. Cheers.[/QUOTE]

I figured it still didn't hurt to answer, as not everyone knows this. I know I didn't know Steam was needed for the Orange Box when I first bought it, but I hadn't used Steam before that.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']There's no way it won't be activated on steam, as both are made by Valve. The only benefit of buying a disc is having all the files (minus patches, obv.) there rather than downloading it.[/QUOTE]

But do you need the disc inserted to play it if you buy the retail box?

I think this is good in-store as well. On our lunch break a guy at work ran up to GameStop and grabbed a copy for $30.

[quote name='2&2']But do you need the disc inserted to play it if you buy the retail box?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Once it's activated on Steam, it works just like any other Steam game (click on it in your games list and play).

bread's done
Back