Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox 360 only £15.00

I got charged before I got a dispatch email. They broke their terms and conditions... however their comment box on the contact form has got a stupidly small limit (they say its 2500 but its less than 250).

Email I'm going to send

I recently ordered Left for Dead 2 for the price of £15. About 10 minutes ago I received an email saying my order had been cancelled because of an error in pricing and I had not been charged. This is all very well and good however I have been charged £15 to my bank account.

In your confirmation email you state that I "will receive an email as each item is despatched" and "will not be charged until that time".

You also state that when you despatch an item "a contract will be made between us" after which you cannot decline to supply the product to me.

By taking payment from my bank account a contract has been formed between us which means you have to supply this product to me at the price it was advertised for.

In section 1.4 of your terms and conditions you state "we will not be liable to supply that product to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the product to you" however you have notified me after you have entered a contract with me, this is against your terms and conditions.

I would like to decline your offer of an eCoupon to buy more things from your site which may or may not arrive and will patiently await my copy of Left for Dead 2 for the Xbox 360 platform.

Ralph

Have I missed anything?

[quote name='zennemesis']I got charged before I got a dispatch email. They broke their terms and conditions... however their comment box on the contact form has got a stupidly small limit (they say its 2500 but its less than 250).

Email I'm going to send

Have I missed anything?[/QUOTE]

I like it. You may have a point with the 'dispatch argument', my order never got that far though. Keep nagging and they'll send it out just to keep you happy.

:( got the cancelation email as well.
But the best of luck with your E-mail Ralph! Be sure to let us know if they send you a copy anyway.

Me too :cry: what about the 1 lucky person in our midst...he who should be recieving his soon ??

Anyway not the first time for Tesco..

Hi Tesco ..
What about my rather large order for PS3 Guitar Hero 5 you had online for £17.99 last week as well ..so i had frozen in my bank account over £500 and all you can offer is £2 !!! and no games ... I as part of a family spent over £3000 in your stores last year alone, so in the future i will take my grocery list elsewhere..your website is full of flaws , the email return form can`t handle 10 words let alone 2500 , i spent 1 hour typing a cyber letter to no avail. Keep up the bad work if you want to ruin your Brand image.
Yours frustratingly Paul.

well this sucks, i tried to use the eCoupon on a order and it worked but i wasn't logged in. When i logged in and it went back to the original price...couldn't use my damn eCoupon because it gives me the erro "You can't use that promotional code here". Man what a con :(

sorry in my frustration just replied to it..

Here is a story though, Couple of weeks ago the same online store offered PS3 Guitar Hero 5 (solus) for £17.99 , seeing a great selling on bargain i ordered 25...with despatch estimates 4 or 5 days from order (18th Nov)...still i waited ....tried the online form ...10 words and too long (lol F*kin 2500).

So tonight i decided to free some of my "Cyber" holed up cash for other bargains".

I tried to cancel 1 of the 2 orders and got this reply lol

Dear Paul,

We have been unable to cancel the item listed below from your order TE**********1-1

Item Format Price Status Guitar Hero 5 (solus) £17.87 Processing

This is most likely because the item has been picked and packed at the warehouse and is ready for despatch. If you no longer require the item, please allow a few days for it to be delivered, then return it to us by following the instructions on the despatch slip included with the package.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any further questions please contact Customer Services using the details at the bottom of this email.

Kind regards,
The Tesco entertainment Team

So can`t even free up cash...They suck :cry:

Just sent. Thankyou :)

Edit -

response...

I just want to let you know that your email has successfully reached us, and we promise to be back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
On HUKD there's talk of a possible loophole if we can get proof of others recieving their products at said price. It looks like a small selection of people had their games sent, so all we need to do now is wait and see.

Normally I wouldn't bother, I have no issue with not getting the game but with Tesco's atrocious handling of it so they deserve all they get.

The law's not on our side. There is a case where customers took Argos to court after they paid 1p for a television online. They were unsuccessful in having the deal enforced. However, I suppose a contrast could be drawn here as the Argos deal didn't offer real consideration (not really a line that can be followed in contract law).

anyone still a code for the all in game bat i really want one just send me a private message if you have one

[quote name='Ctapia95']anyone still a code for the all in game bat i really want one just send me a private message if you have one[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, they had a time limit, which is well expired by now.

[quote name='ScottUK']The law's not on our side. There is a case where customers took Argos to court after they paid 1p for a television online. They were unsuccessful in having the deal enforced. However, I suppose a contrast could be drawn here as the Argos deal didn't offer real consideration (not really a line that can be followed in contract law).[/QUOTE]

Yes, but then there was that guy that bought 6 32" lcd televisions for 50quid each and that was enforced. Though ultimately i agree and say that the law isn't on our side and they are protected against pricing errors.

[quote name='Tom Warz']Its being sold for £17 in some stores so it doesnt seem likely to be a mistake.[/QUOTE]

This is an old thread that had the game mispriced closer to when it was first released. Tesco reneged on their internet price though.

bread's done
Back