Left 4 Dead (360) - $49.90

[quote name='iggypop123']its a deal only when its 30[/quote]

This. I've been on a roll lately, I can't remember the last time I paid more than $20 for a 360 game with most of my recent purchases being around the $10 region. I still have a huge back log so I'm in no rush to add to my collection.

just a matter of time before it drops somewhere even more. although i do think it's worth it even at $50. fantastic game if you have people to play with.

now if i could only find somewhere to get fallout 3 for $50 or under

[quote name='theking20']I've seen L4D for the same price at target a couple of days ago.
Might pick it up there.[/QUOTE]

Not on sale at Target anymore -- it was $60 at mine tonight.

[quote name='TypeSH']just a matter of time before it drops somewhere even more. although i do think it's worth it even at $50. fantastic game if you have people to play with.

now if i could only find somewhere to get fallout 3 for $50 or under[/QUOTE]

If you're near a Meijer store, they have Fallout 3 for $30 this week.

If you've waited this long then you can wait longer. $40 shouldn't be too hard to find by Feb with the bigger releases coming out. Theres not many games these days that you won't be able to find used/cheaper then the $60 retail as long as you don't mind used copies.

I've seen a lot of used copies around - people because people are upset/become bored that the single player campaign is too short. However, this game is all about online multi player as the experience is unbeatable in both versus and playing with others trying to survive on expert.

Either way a great game and I chose it over COD:WAW because it was refreshing to play something refreshing rather then your run of the mill FPS.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If you've waited this long then you can wait longer. $40 shouldn't be too hard to find by Feb with the bigger releases coming out. Theres not many games these days that you won't be able to find used/cheaper then the $60 retail as long as you don't mind used copies.

I've seen a lot of used copies around - people because people are upset/become bored that the single player campaign is too short. However, this game is all about online multi player as the experience is unbeatable in both versus and playing with others trying to survive on expert.

Either way a great game and I chose it over COD:WAW because it was refreshing to play something refreshing rather then your run of the mill FPS.[/quote]
agreed on MP game kicks ass

If your PC can run it don't bother with the 360 version, there's already some great user made campaigns in development, like the Dawn of the Dead mall and Resident Evil 2.

[quote name='Kaijufan']If your PC can run it don't bother with the 360 version, there's already some great user made campaigns in development, like the Dawn of the Dead mall and Resident Evil 2.[/QUOTE]

The Dawn of the Dead mall will most likely be in the 360 version. And the Resident Evil 2 is just a mod that isn't created by the developers. Still looks cool, nonetheless.

[quote name='Frag Rev']The Dawn of the Dead mall will most likely be in the 360 version. And the Resident Evil 2 is just a mod that isn't created by the developers. Still looks cool, nonetheless.[/quote]
The Dawn of the Dead mall is also a mod, and will most likely not appear on the Xbox 360 version.
Since Left 4 Dead runs on the source engine, which a lot of mods are made with, I would imagine that these are just the tip of the iceberg and there's going to be a ton of Left 4 Dead campaigns released over the next few years.

[quote name='nater']If you're near a Meijer store, they have Fallout 3 for $30 this week.[/QUOTE]

saw that, unfortunately no meijers in my state at all. ashame too, that is fantastic.

[quote name='TypeSH']just a matter of time before it drops somewhere even more.[/quote]

It was $45 at CC in early Dec., along with Fallout 3. Made a nice pair at $40 each with a $10 off $75 coupon. I'll miss CC.

Under normal circumstnaces, my magic number would be $19.99. But for a game like Left 4 Dead, a game that I had a blast online (unlike most games that I play), my magic number will be $29.99.

Go down twenty more dollars, baby. Twenty more dollars.

[quote name='aporter727']The Orange Box is on the cheap now, so I half expect L4D to be just as cheap in a month or two.[/quote]

Why? The Orange Box was released in October 2007. I know times are a little different now, but IIRC I recently saw L4D on a top 10 selling games list.

Left 4 Dead HAS Been 50 bucks pretty much everywhere. Its only a matter of time before it hits the bargain bin because its amazing, but its short.

Maybe if its cheap by my birthday ill get it.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Bleh, still kicking myself for cancelling my $48 amazon pre-order. Oh well

Is there splitscreen, and if so, how many people can play on one 360?[/quote]

Yes, but only 2 people.

[quote name='Dr. Pizza']Yes, but only 2 people.[/quote]

Really lame. This is just crippling fuctionality so people have to buy more copies and use Live. I have a projector that throws a 110" picture. 1/4 of that screen is still larger than a 50" LCD.

Only 2? You make that sound like a bad thing.

I know Halo supports bringing 4 people online on a single box, and only 2 for the coop campaign. Any other games support more than bringing 2 people on? CoD3 supported 4 I think, but not any of the others. Gears supports 2; Army of Two suppots 2. Most other games don't support any split screen (sadly). R6V1 and 2 support splitscreen, but not when going online. Marvel Ult Alliance does not support any hotseat, despite having the exact same restrictions as a hotseat game when online.

I'd actually like to find more games that support more than (or at least) 2, but the only one I can think of is Halo 3.

More on topic, L4D is a GREAT coop game because the max team size is only 4, and in versus total size is 8. You can have fun if it is just you and a buddy playing through a campaign, with 2 bots to help out. It just gets better when both of you then hop online as well.

[quote name='Kaijufan']If your PC can run it don't bother with the 360 version, there's already some great user made campaigns in development, like the Dawn of the Dead mall and Resident Evil 2.[/quote]
no please just shut up! Haha you made me depresed that i have this game on console, my PC was more then well equipped to handle this game however, all my friends are lame and only console so i was forced to buy 360 version elsewise those bastards would have left me 4 dead on PC

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Really lame. This is just crippling fuctionality so people have to buy more copies and use Live. I have a projector that throws a 110" picture. 1/4 of that screen is still larger than a 50" LCD.[/QUOTE]

you are the minority.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Really lame. This is just crippling fuctionality so people have to buy more copies and use Live. I have a projector that throws a 110" picture. 1/4 of that screen is still larger than a 50" LCD.[/quote]
This was no doubt primarily designed for PCs like other Valve games, you should be happy you even get 2 player split screen.

[quote name='Kaijufan']This was no doubt primarily designed for PCs like other Valve games, you should be happy you even get 2 player split screen.
smile.gif
[/quote]

I agree, Valve games are deffinitly geared more towards the PC.

[quote name='gantt']Why? The Orange Box was released in October 2007. I know times are a little different now, but IIRC I recently saw L4D on a top 10 selling games list.[/quote]

...The Orange Box dropped to 30 just months after release. The Orange Box won numerous awards, and was selling well also.

[quote name='aporter727']...The Orange Box dropped to 30 just months after release. The Orange Box won numerous awards, and was selling well also.[/quote]

OB can often be had $20 or less now, I think. Even if L4D drops to $30 soon, that won't be "just as cheap." And now there's one less major retailer to push it down. But we'll see. I'm all for price drops (although it's always a "Doh" when the game drops below what I paid... and I haven't opened it yet).

bread's done
Back