Left 4 Dead for PS3......by EA. &#(@

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!
From Kotaku

Official Playstation Magazine's latest edition says that Left 4 Dead, Valve's forthcoming survival-horror title, will indeed be coming to Playstation 3. Electronic Arts will be in charge of the port. "Valve's survival horror game Left 4 Dead is coming to PS3, but EA will be taking on development duties in-house," says OPM, in an item noticed by many. (We saw it through N4G thanks to a tip from reader Nick T., and found the image at PlayStation Beyond).
N4G mentions the PS3 Orange Box fiasco, also a collaboration between Valve and EA, and wonders if the bad will created there will keep PS3 players away from this, too. It's a fair question.

To quote the Who ..... "Won't Get Fooled Again".

Anyone who buys this might as well just light their money on fire.

Yeah...I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to buy the 360 version.

Well, it's good that this is coming to PS3 at least. EA HAS gotten better with their PS3 ports compared to before this year, so I'm betting it may not be as bad.

The fact that they *still* haven't bothered to fix Orange Box is a main reason I won't get this game. They might as well just go door to door and spit in PS3 owner's faces at this point, with all the contempt Valve has shown us.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']The fact that they *still* haven't bothered to fix Orange Box is a main reason I won't get this game. They might as well just go door to door and spit in PS3 owner's faces at this point, with all the contempt Valve has shown us.[/QUOTE]It's the same reason why many developers (like Infinity Ward for Activision) won't go back to patch a game for rumble or trophies. Most developers are constantly busy and need to move from project to project. Games are lucky these days to still get support despite being released a while ago.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']It's the same reason why many developers (like Infinity Ward for Activision) won't go back to patch a game for rumble or trophies. Most developers are constantly busy and need to move from project to project. Games are lucky these days to still get support despite being released a while ago.[/quote]

If a game is broken/flawed it should be fixed. A game shouldn't come out and then devs say "we're busy" if something isn't working right. They should either get it right the first time or at least patch the game.

I keep hearing all this stuff about Orange Box but I've not experienced any problems other than a few small dips in frame rate with Portal and Episode 2. The fussing is exaggerated if you ask me.

bread's done
Back