Left 4 Dead GOTY Edition (360) $29.99 [probably universal drop]

That's quite a deal, I just picked up the original version used for the same price.

The Product Features section of that page is a little funny - if there's one thing I wouldn't categorize this game as, it would be a "Children's Item":
Product Features

Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Game of the Year

• Made with the Best Quality Material with your child in mind.
  • Top Quality Children's Item.

Decent deal for 360 owners. Just remember that the GOTY edition extras (survival mode and versus maps) can be still downloaded for free if you pick the the original edition used. Its a scam that EA ran so they could re-sell the same game to retailers while marking up the price.

If you're shopping around for the PC version though, avoid the GOTY edition like the plague. It costs $15 more for the exact same content.

With the price at BB, it's not saying a "sale" price so maybe this is a universal drop to stir up interest with L4D2 on the way?

[quote name='handsomepete']That's quite a deal, I just picked up the original version used for the same price.

The Product Features section of that page is a little funny - if there's one thing I wouldn't categorize this game as, it would be a "Children's Item":
Product Features

Platform: Xbox 360 | Edition: Game of the Year

• Made with the Best Quality Material with your child in mind.
  • Top Quality Children's Item.
[/QUOTE]

I saw that as well and started cracking up. Seems like some Amazon webmaster is having a bit of fun.

When you do a search at Gamestop, it shows it for $29.99 with this underneath - "Price Drop - Old Price: $59.99 Save $30.00" But when you click on it, it is still $59.99. So, expect it to be that price everywhere now.

Had to drop eventually, once people figured out they aren't actually getting anything GOTY worthy.

I expect to see this $20 or less around Black Friday.

Price drop or not, the game is a ripoff on 360. Lol @ paying for otherwise free DLC ($7 for the new, two chapter campaign this month; Crash Course) and Live gold just to play online.

[quote name='Gideon68']Plus get another game for 50% off.[/QUOTE]

duh...when I realized BB got a better offer and was about to cancel the amazon order 5min after I made the order, the status said "item shipped soon" and I cant fucking cancel it...I guess sometimes amazon prime has its shorts...

Buy it. Best digital crack in the last year for me tying modern warfare 1. Modern warfare 2 and left 4 dead 2 is gonna kill my spare time in November.

Hmm, pretty tempting. I have it on PC but I would get it on 360 to play with friends. Can you select any server you want from a list or does it automatically match-make for you?

Other than choosing what game type, difficulty, and map, it's automatic. You can have friends in your party, and can all go to one game.

Well, this is lucky. Just played the demo today and was surprised. I normally pussy out at zombie games, but I think I'm going to get it. The only thing that bothers is the length _ I saw a group of three run throught the main game in about 50 minutes, and I don't know anyone woth the game. Is it worth it for just the single player?

[quote name='Jhuntley']Well, this is lucky. Just played the demo today and was surprised. I normally pussy out at zombie games, but I think I'm going to get it. The only thing that bothers is the length _ I saw a group of three run throught the main game in about 50 minutes, and I don't know anyone woth the game. Is it worth it for just the single player?[/QUOTE]
If you mean that you think you'll be done with the game after beating each campaign once, then no, Left 4 Dead probably isn't for you. You can finish that in like three hours or less. The fun is in replaying the campaigns with new people, trying different strategies, going for achievements, etc. It's really all about the online play.

The sucky part about this though is, this deal comes RIGHT at the end of the summer. I REALLY wanted to play this game but did not want to shell 60 bucks out for it. 30 bucks is a really nice price but @ the end of the summer is what saddens me. I only got till the 10th to enjoy my summer now :(

but i am SO getting it now :D

Only buy this game if you are interested in team killing. Gets old after 1 play through otherwise.

[quote name='LouieDiesel']The only way this game gets old is if you don't have X-Box Live. It's one of the best online games on the 360.[/QUOTE]

No.It is a mediocre FPS version of Resident Evil Outbreak. Atleast that game required some skill instead of running around holding down the trigger button like you do on L4D.

However, when you begin to backstab your teammates and make them whine on the mics, the game becomes fun again. I got it for the PC and it was the best 25 dollars I have spent on a game. I beat it once and now I TK every game I join. I think I am gonna go TK for a bit now too.

This game is handled ALOT better (and can also be played with a 360 controller if you wish) on the PC! I've owned L4D on PC since release, and tried L4D on 360 during the clearance at target... It was awful compared to PC to say the least...

You should be able to get L4D for PC for $20 or possibly less. Same content, as well as all the mods and custom content.

It's just not a great game for consoles because it's so twitchy, and since FF is already an issue on PC (read: autoshotguns), you can imagine 360.

Just an obvious head's up :p

[quote name='Rhett']This game is handled ALOT better (and can also be played with a 360 controller if you wish) on the PC! I've owned L4D on PC since release, and tried L4D on 360 during the clearance at target... It was awful compared to PC to say the least...

You should be able to get L4D for PC for $20 or possibly less. Same content, as well as all the mods and custom content.

It's just not a great game for consoles because it's so twitchy, and since FF is already an issue on PC (read: autoshotguns), you can imagine 360.

Just an obvious head's up :p[/QUOTE]
Actually, it's quite fine on the 360. It's a better alternative for those who don't have PCs that can handle the game.

At the very least, it's no where near as screwed as Team Fortress 2 is for 360/PS3 owners.

[quote name='chuckywang']Crazy since this trades in for $25 at Amazon.[/QUOTE]
It was $20, then dropped to $16 and is now up to $19. Did I miss something?

[quote name='JC Monkeyballs']so what discounts/coupons can I use to get this game for less than $30?[/QUOTE]
The best I've found so far is the BOGO half off at Best Buy. This is of course assuming you're either flipping titles or were going to buy another 360 game already.

No.It is a mediocre FPS version of Resident Evil Outbreak. Atleast that game required some skill instead of running around holding down the trigger button like you do on L4D.

However, when you begin to backstab your teammates and make them whine on the mics, the game becomes fun again. I got it for the PC and it was the best 25 dollars I have spent on a game. I beat it once and now I TK every game I join. I think I am gonna go TK for a bit now too.

OK, dizee. First of all I said it was one of the best online games on the 360. You only own the PC version, so you can't even intelligently comment on the 360 version. Second of all, if all you have to do is hold down the trigger button then you obviously aren't playing on expert. How about you change your difficulty from easy and then maybe you won't have to TK so much.

[quote name='Jodou']The best I've found so far is the BOGO half off at Best Buy. This is of course assuming you're either flipping titles or were going to buy another 360 game already.[/QUOTE]

A buddy and I are both going to get L4D and split the BOGO offer. Good call man thanks for the idea.

Got it with UPS 3-Day shipping at NewEgg for just under $31. I don't use Amazon's Free Super Shitty Shipping.

[quote name='dizee']No.It is a mediocre FPS version of Resident Evil Outbreak. Atleast that game required some skill instead of running around holding down the trigger button like you do on L4D.

However, when you begin to backstab your teammates and make them whine on the mics, the game becomes fun again. I got it for the PC and it was the best 25 dollars I have spent on a game. I beat it once and now I TK every game I join. I think I am gonna go TK for a bit now too.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Ignore the troll. Game is so worth $30, as long as you don't mind that the sequel will arrive soon.

bread's done
Back