Left 4 Dead [PC] 50% off on STEAM - $14.99

[quote name='Vegan']Damn, I snatched it up when it was 25 and haven't even played everything in it.[/QUOTE]

You don't have 2 hours free? (nyuk nyuk nyuk)

In all seriousness, I may buy this despite owning a 360 copy. I save $7 on free Crash Course and I hear there are some good fan-made levels.

Does everyone have to have their own copy, or is there any splitscreen, a la the 360 version?

[quote name='danstabbingworth']You don't have 2 hours free? (nyuk nyuk nyuk)

In all seriousness, I may buy this despite owning a 360 copy. I save $7 on free Crash Course and I hear there are some good fan-made levels.

Does everyone have to have their own copy, or is there any splitscreen, a la the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

its a PC.... everyone has their own copy.

yes the fan made levels are pretty awesome (the silent hill one is devastating). i personally think FPS are always better on PC. for 15$ i think i'll buy one for my friend just so we can play together.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']You don't have 2 hours free? (nyuk nyuk nyuk)

Does everyone have to have their own copy, or is there any splitscreen, a la the 360 version?[/QUOTE]

You have to mess around the console to get split screen to function... and I think you need an Xbox controller (or some other PC compatible gamepad)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745113

Hmm... trying to decide if it's worth getting *now*, or waiting for L4D2 to drive the price down by a ridiculous amount...

[quote name='kjs7']anyone know how long this deal is going on for?[/QUOTE]

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2877/
Crash Course delivers new single-player, multiplayer and co-operative gameplay and bridges the storyline between the No Mercy and Death Toll campaigns in the original game. To celebrate, we are offering Left 4 Dead at 50% off for 3 days. Or share the fun - get the Left 4 Dead Four Pack and give the game to your friends.

[quote name='Vegan']Damn, I snatched it up when it was 25 and haven't even played everything in it.
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think you are like me, I just play it slowly enjoying every bit of it, I don't like to rush thru just to get to evey single detail.

[quote name='mikespit1']Is this a daily deal or will it be up on Steam for a while. Having trouble resisting.[/QUOTE]
It's up til Oct. 2.

Steam has been pretty sweet with the sales on this game. I think it was $25 for Valentine's Day and $25 again when the first DLC came out but obviously this is the best price.

I really have no desire dropping $40-$50 for L4D2 when they'll probably do similar deals for it. Fortunately not in a rush to play that.

[quote name='s2k']If 4 people split the cost its only 11.24 for the four pack since its on sale for 45 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I would be down for this if someone wants to set up the purchase.

for those who havent picked it up yet, its well worth it, I paid 30 for it some months back, I wish I paid 15 but eh...what can you do lol anyway pick it up!! plus you get all that DLC free

[quote name='LinkinPrime']We could get groups of 4 CAG's to get the 4 pack and pay $11.25 ea.

EDIT: Oh wait...they charge tax too don't they?[/QUOTE]

Only if you live in WA

[quote name='V878']Steam has been pretty sweet with the sales on this game. I think it was $25 for Valentine's Day and $25 again when the first DLC came out but obviously this is the best price.

I really have no desire dropping $40-$50 for L4D2 when they'll probably do similar deals for it. Fortunately not in a rush to play that.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the exact same thing. I paid $37 at release for L4D. I'm thinking I'll wait until the price is $30 or lower on L4D2.

Has anyone on CAG ever gotten groups together to do the 4 person purchase before? I think we are all cheap enough to do something like that.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Has anyone on CAG ever gotten groups together to do the 4 person purchase before? I think we are all cheap enough to do something like that.[/QUOTE]

I'm down with this idea. Anyone else want in?

[quote name='s2k']If 4 people split the cost its only 11.24 for the four pack since its on sale for 45 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I'm down with this idea. Hit me up if you find two others people.

Also interested in getting in on a group to split the cost for the four pack. Feel free to PM me if anyone gets a group together.

Looks like we might have enough people already:

Mikespit1
GenDV138 - paid
Machindo - paid

edit: looks like I can pay with my paypal. The share itself is $11.24 so add another dollar for PP fees and I think that should cover it. If interested Paypal to mike.spitalieri AT gmail then post here and PM me your username. I'll go ahead and purchase once I've got three other people. First come first serve.

Last edited by a moderator:
With how long it'll take L4D2 to drop down to a reasonable CAG-approved price, we all might as well jump in unless Valve repeats last Christmas' EVERYTHING'S ON SALE sale.

[quote name='mikespit1']Looks like we might have enough people already:

Mikespit1
GenDV138
Machindo
LinkinPrime

edit: looks like I can pay with my paypal. The share itself is $11.24 so add another dollar for PP fees and I think that should cover it. If interested Paypal to mike.spitalieri AT gmail then post here and PM me your username. I'll go ahead and purchase once I've got three other people. First come first serve.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, sent you payment for the four pack group through PayPal.

[quote name='nikkai']I'd have jumped on this if FPS don't make me want to vomit and lie down for the next few days... =/[/QUOTE]

Valve games make many people nauseous because of the odd FOV that they use. You can easily change that.

This looks like an awesome deal and the four pack looks even better! I'm up for being a part of the four pack deal if anyone needs another person to join.

[quote name='Cybolt']This looks like an awesome deal and the four pack looks even better! I'm up for being a part of the four pack deal if anyone needs another person to join.[/QUOTE]

There should be one spot left on my share if you look back one page.

[quote name='mikespit1']There should be one spot left on my share if you look back one page.[/QUOTE]

I did see that post but I thought it was full already, not that I'm complaining. Payment will be sent momentarily.

bread's done
Back