Left 4 Dead PC or Xbox 360?

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!
I am unsure which platform to purchase this game (which is getting great reviews for both platforms). I played the Xbox Live demo, and it seemed like a lot of fun, and definitely something interesting and worth trying out.

I did not get a chance to try the PC demo before it disappeared, however.

I have a headset and know people who play on Live, but I am traditionally favor PC for valve games (I have HL2, CS:S, Orange box all for PC).

Also, there is the matter of post-release content. With Team Fortress 2, Valve has consistently released free content for PC users, but console gamers are left in the dust.

Just looking for some opinions on this, Thanks.

The only real question you should ask yourself is, "Do I prefer playing with a Joystick, or do I prefer with a keyboard and mouse?"

That answer should determine which version to get.

PC. The game is $10 cheaper, and you will get free content in the future. Seems like an easy choice to me.

I had to ask myself the same question and it came down to PC simply because of the free content, the user generated maps and mods (the mall from Dawn of the Dead for one), and generally nicer player base won it for me.

I chose PC, mainly because I just prefer a mouse for first person shooters. Plus it's cheaper, the community will probably be bigger on the PC since it's a Valve game, and the add on content will probably be more frequent and free on the PC.

Generally Valve games don't have very high system requirements.

360 but that's only because I'm already paying for Live and like my Achievements and playing with my controller. Orange Box runs a lot better on my PC but I got it so cheap for the 360 I didn't care at that points.

If Left 4 Dead had achivements and cross platform play the obvious choice would be PC for me, but since it has neither I'm going 360. Granted I'm not buying the game till It's $35 or less at this point.

And $10 cheaper for the PC? Try $40. It was $20 anyways on Amazon Black Friday if you got your ass up early enough.

PC, because:
I encounter about 40% less assholes on Steam then I do live.
The add on content will be tits.
KB/M>Controller for FPS's.

[quote name='mtxbass1']The only real question you should ask yourself is, "Do I prefer playing with a Joystick, or do I prefer with a keyboard and mouse?"

That answer should determine which version to get.[/QUOTE]

As well as "Do I have more friends who I can play with on Xbox Live or on the PC?"

Those two questions are about all you need to ask in deciding PC vs console. Well I guess also weighing the extra content, mods etc. that may come to the PC for some games.

bread's done
Back