Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360/PC) $48.99/$39.99 Shipped at Amazon

[quote name='lovemetal626']i ordered it, great price, but after

did anyone else notice that it says "shipping esitmate december 3" uhh what the freak, im getting the game like 2 weeks after it gets released, amazon you suck, you never let me down before, why now?[/quote]
Amazon gave me the same 2 week estimate for my SOCOM pre-order, but that arrived 2 days after release.

Here's a story:

I pre-ordered it in Sept. for $36.99 with super saver shipping ETA Dec 2! Then I heard that some people got another $5 off resulting in a total of $31.99. I didn't get anything good until I subscribed to free trial to Amazon Prime. Now the price is $31.99 with ETA of Nov 20.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']The PC version has been showing up as $45 for me all day. Do I have to click something special to see the lower price?[/quote]

I believe it takes another $5 off when you finish checking out. You won't be charged til the game is released, so cancel if you don't get $5 off. I personally had to switch out of super saver shipping to get an extra $5 off my pre-order.

[quote name='braindeadalive']What's the deal? Left 4 Dead has been taken off of Amazon.com all together?[/quote]

The 360 version is showing up fine for me.

[quote name='Charybdis']Don't worry, its 39.99 when you get to the last step, check out. If it isn't you can still cancel from there but I JUST ordered it right now for that price so its not too late.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. It does take an additional $5 when you're all the way at the checkout screen.

[quote name='bart122580']Thanks man. It does take an additional $5 when you're all the way at the checkout screen.[/quote]Seconded. The list price is $44.99 and at checkout there is a $5.00 promotion that is taken off of that. Sweet deal.

I pre-ordered back when it was 36.99 and just applied my $10 cert from LBP. Not only did I get the $10 off, but it applied the $5 discount seperately. So right now my total is 21.99, and when I get my fable 2 one it will be down to $12 (PC)

Does anyone know what the shipping is like on Free shipping? Before confirming my order, the ETA was Nov. 24. I don't want to wait a whole week just to save $5. Would it be better for me to order it from Newegg for $44.99 with their 3 day shipping? Do these places tend to ship the game before it comes out so it would arrive on release day or do they ship it on release day?

Quick ? for PC version: On steam it's $45. Is there tax on it? Having the box, is it worth it? Will I still need the game disc or will it be locked onto steam if I have to redownload it?

[quote name='cecilvaliant']Quick ? for PC version: On steam it's $45. Is there tax on it? Having the box, is it worth it? Will I still need the game disc or will it be locked onto steam if I have to redownload it?[/quote]

by buying a physical copy the only thing you gain is the ability to install from a disc, a jewl case, and perhaps a very small manual. No matter where you get your PC version it all ends up the same, you activate it on steam and play it through steam.

There is no tax on steam store purchases.

You can re-download it as many times as you like on any computer at any time. The only limitation to Steam is that only one person can be logged into the account at any given moment.

The primary incentive to getting it on Amazon is savings. You can still order it for $39.99 as opposed to $45 at most other places, including steam. Depends how much of a cheap ass you are. The 39.99 price doesnt show up until the Review order page. You'll just have to wait until it actually arrives which can potentially take some time [week or 2 depending on where it ships from and how much stock they get].

[quote name='megma42']So what do you guys think of the demo?[/QUOTE]

I played it on the XBOX 360 and it is frikkin, awesome. Played online and off and both were pretty sweet. I pre-ordered this morning as a result.

[quote name='megma42']So what do you guys think of the demo?[/QUOTE]

I liked it a lot, played through 3 times. The 2nd hardest difficulty is a lot of fun. Definitely going to be playing it a few more times.

I thought the demo was pretty fun, played through it 2 or 3 times. I really look forward to playing this with my friends. I just hope the game isn't too short.

[quote name='Green Card200']I thought the demo was pretty fun, played through it 2 or 3 times. I really look forward to playing this with my friends. I just hope the game isn't too short.[/quote]

Even if it is short.. I hope the multiplayer is still tons of fun ala COD 4, which was also a very short game but obviously multiplayer was amazing.

It'll be a lot better when you consider that those are only (parts of?) the first two levels. There'll be user made levels for the PC version, continued free DLC from Valve, and the server owner can alter the director's AI to increase the zombie levels even above Expert mode.

Yes, I think the PC version is the way to go, especially with valves history of making user generated content easily available to the community. In for the PC version, thanks op!

[quote name='Green Card200']I thought the demo was pretty fun, played through it 2 or 3 times. I really look forward to playing this with my friends. I just hope the game isn't too short.[/quote]

Game I believe has 4 campaigns, each run about 1 1/2-2 hours to complete depending on how fast you go. There will be DLC I'm sure, but unlike the PC version, it won't be free.

I can't wait for this game to hit!

[quote name='pswiifanboy']anybody know if this game has offline split-screen co-op?

i wanna play with my brother on one system[/quote]

yes it does

[quote name='ThisIsJackBauer']i canceled my preorder, didnt live up to my expectations[/quote]

ditto, i canceled my steam preorder because it's just too linear (even with random enemy spawns). besides, since you can't even use your own dedicated servers no one is willing to pay for a dedicated server that they can't use themselves. so basically you have players hosting the room like in xbox and you'll often get stuck with a host that has really bad connection.

then again the demo did not let you play as the infected, but you can play it as the infected using cheats. i might just buy it off amazon for $29.99 with my $10 GC.

[quote name='Evi1d33d']ditto, i canceled my steam preorder because it's just too linear (even with random enemy spawns). besides, since you can't even use your own dedicated servers no one is willing to pay for a dedicated server that they can't use themselves. so basically you have players hosting the room like in xbox and you'll often get stuck with a host that has really bad connection.

then again the demo did not let you play as the infected, but you can play it as the infected using cheats. i might just buy it off amazon for $29.99 with my $10 GC.[/quote]

There are servers for the game. The main reason you won't see many is because its a demo. Why would someone want to pay for servers for a demo for a game that comes out in a week anyway?

You can also get the L4D dedicated server through the Tools tab on Steam if you're looking for that. Just wait until the game comes out; more than likely, they'll be a ton of normal servers to play on, rather than the demo.

[quote name='SuperTongue']There are servers for the game. The main reason you won't see many is because its a demo. Why would someone want to pay for servers for a demo for a game that comes out in a week anyway?

You can also get the L4D dedicated server through the Tools tab on Steam if you're looking for that. Just wait until the game comes out; more than likely, they'll be a ton of normal servers to play on, rather than the demo.[/quote]

the problem is that not a lot of people will be willing to pay for a server they can't play on. the game randomly matches 4 players to a server. so if i paid for a dedicated server there's a very little chance i'll be matched with my own server. so it's just a bunch of strangers playing on the server i paid for without me playing in it. thus there will not be a lot of servers out there. and since there's only 4 per servers instead of 24 per server like all the other source games, there will be a even bigger server shortage.

the problem is that there's no server browser and everything is randomized, you can invite friends but you still can't choose your own server.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I'm pretty sure there is tax on steam purchases.

Yea. Definitely there is.[/quote]

I have bought several games off Steam and never been charged sales tax.

[quote name='V878']I have bought several games off Steam and never been charged sales tax.[/quote]

ditto, never once been charged tax.

I have a question about the Bill Me Later deal on Amazon:

I put Left 4 Dead and a $1.10 filler item in my cart, checked out using Bill Me Later, but the $10 discount never showed any time during the checkout process. Right before I clicked "Place Order" It said I was paying with Bill Me Later, but the only discount it showed was the $5.00 fall promotion. Anybody else have this problem? Or is it just like that because it's a preorder?

[quote name='specialk']In for 1, 360.

This in turn will probably make me renew my Live...speaking of anyone know of any deals?[/quote]

giftcard at CC.. deal on the guide at best buy.. other than those two no.

If anybody gets it at CC online and something else to put you over $100, I've got a $15 off coupon code I won't be using.

I might cancel the order it if doesnt ship the 17th. I got an email telling me the shipping estimate was November 24th and delivery could take as long as December 8th...

Not a deal at all if you have to wait that long

[quote name='channelx99']I might cancel the order it if doesnt ship the 17th. I got an email telling me the shipping estimate was November 24th and delivery could take as long as December 8th...

Not a deal at all if you have to wait that long[/quote]

I really doubt it wont come earlier, they are usually overly generous on their estimates because they want you to pay for shipping. However if you dont want to wait probably best to cancel. Many items i've ordered often take 7-10 days on free shipping if they dont happen to ship from a nearby state.

And i dont mean to sound like a dick but dude, just cause you're impatient and cant wait a possible few weeks doesnt mean this isnt a deal. A true CAG can handle the thought of getting a game a few weeks after release if they save $5 or $10 bucks. So speak for yourself.

Yeah, $10 saved on a game to wait just a week is not bad. Especially since every time Amazon has told me a date for shipping, it always arrives earlier without fail.

If your PC can handle it, I think it's a no-brainer. Most Valve games are best when played on the PC (take the Orange Box for example). Unless you are an achievement freak, PC is the way to go.

My dilemma is a little more complicated though. My laptop can't handle it (at college), but my desktop (at home) can. I have my 360 at college... but I feel like I would enjoy it more on the PC... I don't know.

[quote name='Malice']Could someone answer my question? I would greatly appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has live chat support as well as phone and email. Maybe you should ask Customer Service if you're dying for an answer. This isn't a support forum per se.

bread's done
Back