Legal Music Download Service Discussion - Alternatives and Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
While I am perfectly capable of downloading all of the free music I want, I am beginning to feel the moral urge to actually pay for the music I want to listen to. We all know iTunes is the end-all be-all of download services, but IMO their achilles heel is DRM and the limitation of iPod only portable playback.

So my question is this, are there any other suitable services similar to iTunes that a) do not impose DRM and b) will allow you to drop the songs on ANY portable device you choose?

Note: I briefly checked out Yahoo Music but their service seems to be a "you can play it but you don't own it unless you pay us even more" type service. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

One more thing, allofmp3 doesn't count. Everyone knows they aren't a legit service.

[quote name='daphatty']While I am perfectly capable of downloading all of the free music I want, I am beginning to feel the moral urge to actually pay for the music I want to listen to.[/quote]

Fag.

eMusic.com is the best you pay $19.99 a month for 90 downloads
A) No DRM
B) MP3 format so it works on all MP3 players
C) Cancel the service the MP3s are yours no gimmicks

The best download services I have used and will never go back.
I have used iTunes, Real Music Store, Musicmatch and they all have DRM.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Fag.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Always good for a laugh you are...

[quote name='headpiece747']eMusic.com is the best you pay $19.99 a month for 90 downloads
A) No DRM
B) MP3 format so it works on all MP3 players
C) Cancel the service the MP3s are yours no gimmicks

The best download services I have used and will never go back.
I have used iTunes, Real Music Store, Musicmatch and they all have DRM.[/QUOTE]

Not bad. That comes out to 23 cents per song if you manage to download that much in a months time. I might have to look into this.

since limewire went down I have been searching for a new free music downloads service and I came across freefox.com. It is very easy to use. They do have a large selection. I have found everything I was looking for. You're service is great. Thank you :~)

Amazon is great--bought my first 2 mp3 albums from their the other day. I'd still been buying and ripping CDs, but finally realized the silliness of it since I never listen to CDs anymore and thus they're just wasting place in my small condo.

But as far as I know every place that sells mp3's is DRM free now, including iTunes, so that parts not an issue unlike 4 years ago when this thread was posted. :p

I'm guessing the noobie who bumped it is associated with the site they link to. AKA a spammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back