Legend of Grimrock Thread

I'm really enjoying it thus far. Kinda one foot in old school and one foot in modern design. Very 'new to the genre' friendly either way although it's also thoroughly hardcore if you so choose. (I'm not the biggest fan of the genre though so I'll happily defer to the more knowledgeable)

edit:
Minotaur - Fighter | Human - Fighter
Lizardman - Rouge | Insectoid - Mage
(I'll do something more unique on the next playthrough)

Last edited by a moderator:
More fun than I thought this would be. Been quite a few years since I picked up any real first person dungeon crawler. Made it to floor 3 and explored everything I could thus far. Running out of inventory space, so I guess I should stop hoarding everything.

The first time I saw a 2x2 Undead Phalanx, I was pretty 'oh shit, oh shit.' but it turned out to not be so bad. Though I can only surmise that it'll get worse as I go down deeper. Oh and fuck spitters. Hate, hate, hate them.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']So my guess is that this game is pretty similar to Might and Magic vi+ and Wizardry 7, right?[/QUOTE]

More or less, yes. It's more akin to Eye of the Beholder than those two though.

D@mn it.....after reading up I am going to have to get this now. Guess I will have to run through this since D3 comes out in 3 weeks.

I started playing the game last week. I was having some trouble with some of the enemies but now that I've figured out the best way to use the grid to properly dodge, I have been doing better. I had to take a break after I kept getting raped by the fire wraith guys. I'll probably play some more this weekend. So far, its well worth the $15

May i ask if this game is like Dungeon Master? It looks from what i have seen.
Since its only about $15 i will get it. Finally a welcome back of the good old dungeon games. :)

Yes I'd say it's very much a spiritual successor to Dungeon Master (with modern graphics of course). :D I just finished it today; great game overall and well worth the $12 I plunked down on it (20% as a preorder). I can't wait to see what comes out down the line as far as additional dungeons (official releases and / or by modders, since an official level editor is in the works as well :) ).

bread's done
Back