Legend of the Seeker Complete 1'st season $16.99 DVD Empire

It's a pretty good deal for one of my favorite recent shows, but having just finished watching the first season yesterday on Netflix download (because today might be the day Netflix takes the first season off of Instant Download), there is a big difference in standard and HD. It's a great series either way, but the show looks amazing in high-definition. I'd suggest waiting until the Blu-ray sets come out (hopefully this Christmas according to some forum posts).

It's too bad the series has been canceled after two seasons. Hopefully the petitions and what not can work their magic.

[quote name='erehwon']I heard of this series, but I never saw it. What channel did it air on?[/QUOTE]

I love this show it usually airs on WGN in my area.

Unfortunately the sole reason the series got canceled was because of erratic scheduling. The network never settled on a particular time and day to air it. And to be honest I don't even remember what network aired it despite having actually watched the whole series, I'd like to say WB or NBC but I'm not sure.

[quote name='erehwon']I heard of this series, but I never saw it. What channel did it air on?[/QUOTE]

It was in first-run syndication which means whatever channels happened to carry it, local TV stations, WGN, etc. each set there own day and time to air it. Some did it on Saturday afternoon, others in the evenings, others on Sundays, etc.

[quote name='guardian_owl']It was in first-run syndication which means whatever channels happened to carry it, local TV stations, WGN, etc. each set there own day and time to air it. Some did it on Saturday afternoon, others in the evenings, others on Sundays, etc.[/QUOTE]

It comes on Sat. at 1800 in my area. There currently re airing season 2 right now.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']It looked good, but like many say, it changed day and hour constantly. I lost track and gave up.[/QUOTE]Situations like this are why DVRs are a good thing.

Very underrated show that I just finished watching on netflix. I had no idea this show was this good. Hopefully another network will pick this up. Season 2 was great.

Unfortunately that's unlikely at this point. If they were going to continue on, I believe Nikki was going to be added to the main cast, that would've been interesting.

[quote name='1badta']Very underrated show that I just finished watching on netflix. I had no idea this show was this good. Hopefully another network will pick this up. Season 2 was great.[/QUOTE]

I also discovered this by watching it on Netflix and couldn't believe I'd never heard about it before. Surprisingly good show.

For anyone interested in getting both season 1 and season 2 on DVD, Amazon has a promo right now where if you buy both at the same time, they give you an additional $15 off. When you factor in the cost of season 2 it isn't too bad of a deal if you want both.

In a related question: will a complete series (season 1 and season 2) of the Legend of the Seeker come out?

[quote name='rcx4']In a related question: will a complete series (season 1 and season 2) of the Legend of the Seeker come out?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, but even if they would release a bundle including both seasons I don't think it would be for a while since season 2 isn't even out yet. It comes out at the end of this month.

I'm really hoping someone will pick it up and there will be more than just the 2 seasons. :pray:

[quote name='KillingMachine']Don't know, but even if they would release a bundle including both seasons I don't think it would be for a while since season 2 isn't even out yet. It comes out at the end of this month.

I'm really hoping someone will pick it up and there will be more than just the 2 seasons. :pray:[/QUOTE]

I agree loved the show all we can do is pray. It's a shame that none of the networks wanted to renew the contracts to air it. ABC/Disney didn't do enough to promote the show and people kinda just stumbled upon it, and now that it's done it has a cult following.

http://www.saveourseeker.com/

bread's done
Back