Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Paperback Manga – May 5 2015 (Canadian pre-order) $16.60

cashinstinct

CAGiversary!
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past Paperback – May 5 2015

CDN$ 16.60
List Price: CDN$ 22.99
You Save: CDN$ 6.39 (28%)

Amazon.ca pre-order

FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25.

It's $15.47 USD on Amazon.com ($19.15 CAD), so price is better for Canadians on Amazon.ca

A full-color graphic novel by manga legend Shotaro Ishinomori based on the classic video game The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is an adaptation of the beloved, internationally bestselling video game originally released for Nintendo’s Super Entertainment System. This comic book version by Shotaro Ishinomori (Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider) was first serialized in Nintendo Power magazine and later collected into a graphic novel.

Long out of print, this stunning, full-color graphic novel is now available once again!

Product Details
  • Paperback: 196 pages
  • Publisher: Perfect Square (May 5 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1421575418
  • ISBN-13: 978-1421575414
  • Product Dimensions: 12.8 x 2.1 x 19.8 cm
  • Shipping Weight: 503 g

Last edited by a moderator:
For a second I though this was a novel and got psyched.

But it's just another Zelda manga. They're decent, mind you, but nothing to get excited over.

The Akira Himekawa manga is quite good. But manga depreciates, it has little to no collector value. $5 a pop is really fair, I think I bought that set for around $70 and was happy.

I'd be hesitant to buy this Shotaro Ishinomori reprint at $20. It's a manga sized printing, meaning straight off it's only worth $10. Any collectors value is carried by the graphic novel sized printing and the real original printing in Nintendo Power.

I'd be hesitant to buy this Shotaro Ishinomori reprint at $20. It's a manga sized printing, meaning straight off it's only worth $10. Any collectors value is carried by the graphic novel sized printing and the real original printing in Nintendo Power.
Really? I thought the new one was going to reproduce the colour, but I guess I was wrong.

Do you happen to know how much that Nintendo Power edition is going? I bought a copy shortly before they stopped selling them (along with the Mario manga), and I'm curious.

I'm sure it's color, but it's manga sized, and the market pays a fairly specific price for manga (~$10), and far less for used manga.

The old collections are worth a lot now. But they were out of print before manga became popular in North America. IIRC/AFAIK there were 2 previous collections, one made and sold through Nintendo Power that was rare at the time. Then one that was available through normal retail channels with a healthy sized print run. I haven't really paid attention to exactly how much they fetch, I don't think I bought any of the collections. I still have all my original Nintendo Power's so doing so was pointless O:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the original collection. It's a fantastic comic that I read through hundreds of times as a kid. Even though this version is apparently manga-sized, I would buy it for $16.60 if I didn't already have it.

Also, I picked up the Zelda manga boxed set from Amazon.ca for about $40 just before Christmas, so add it to your wish list and keep an eye on the price.

bread's done
Back