Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask on GameCube

deadhead272003

CAG Veteran
I have never played Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask but I think I would like to.
I really enjoyed Ocarina of Time and the Wind Waker. I have an N64 as well as a GameCube so I could play it on either one. I am trying to decide which console to get Majora's Mask . The GameCube has the Zelda Collectors Edition with Majora's Mask as well as 3 other Zelda games or I could just get the N64 Majora's mask cart.

Is the GameCube version of Majora's Mask better audio/visually than the N64 version?

If you have played Majora's Mask on both consoles or either one - tell me what you think about the game so I can make up my mind on this issue - thanks

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']I hear the N64 Emulator Majoras Mask runs on in the Zelda Collectors Edition has stability problems.[/QUOTE]

It might. My copy crashed TWICE while playing it. and due to the ridiculous save system (where your temp save gets deleted upon loading it) I had hours to replay. Both times this occured I had to put the game away for a few months. Oh the horror.

Haven't played the N64 version though, so I can't say if it's any better.

n64 version is the way to go if you want to play this game, it runs about a million times more smooth on the system it was built for... the collecters disc is strictly for, well collecting

I didn't have any of the problems everyone else claims to have on my copy. It froze on me once(maybe twice, I can't remember), and that was it. I'd just get the n64 verison if you're worried about it, but the NGC version is a little smoother.

You will be able to get the cart version much cheaper than the collector's disk. If you get cart only, anyway.

Yeah, the emulator the GCN uses to run MM doesn't always run it correctly. Every once in a while I'd just get a black screen.

Wow, when was the last time you read the Eleven Commandments?

6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not commit perjury.
10. You shall not covet.
11. You shall buy Majora's Mask for the N64 because it is by far the better version.

God ran out of room, so he wrote it on the back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you'll need that little expansion pack to run Majora's Mask on the N64. Yeah, it's buggy on the collector's disk for that reason.

No, you don't need it. To my knowledge, it was released with Donkey Kong 64 after MM had been released.

[quote name='Blade']No, you don't need it. To my knowledge, it was released with Donkey Kong 64 after MM had been released.[/QUOTE]
Donkey Kong 64 came out nearly half a year before Majora's Mask was released in Japan, and just shy of one full year before the North American release of Majora. But DK64 is irrelevant, anyways; the expansion pak was released in the US in November 1998, a full year before DK64 came out. DK64 was simply the first game to require it, thus the reason behind it being included with the game.

And at any rate, Majora's Mask does require the expansion pak. Just look at the box.

box9jx.jpg

I hope I didn't come across as harsh or smart-alecky. I was just correcting you. :)

Nah, it's all right. I could've sworn that I beat Majora's Mask before buying Donkey Kong 64, yet I remember getting the expansion pack with that game...

Does MM work without the expansion pack?

[quote name='Baseball2g']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you'll need that little expansion pack to run Majora's Mask on the N64. Yeah, it's buggy on the collector's disk for that reason.[/QUOTE]

Not quite. The problem with MM on the GCN is that it can't fit the entire game into memory at once unlike OoT. Trying to have only part of a ROM loaded into memory at any given time proved to be almost perfect but prone to bugs/crashes from time to time.

bread's done
Back