Legend of Zelda: OoT 3DS $11.98 @ target YMMV

alburitto

CAGiversary!
Just got back from target and picked up Zelda for 11.98.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere before just thought I'd letting everyone know.
Too good of a deal to pass up.

For those asking, the game was locked up and tagged for 11.98.
Thought it was too good to be true so I asked for a price check. Rang up at 11.98.

I live in Los Angeles and my local target is in Commerce in case anyone lives in the area and wants to stop by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like another price fuck up. Amazing how this keeps happening, this is the fourth game I've heard this exact price for from the Clearance thread.

Holy shit, will have to check that out tomorrow. Doubt I will get it here in East Orlando though, we never get clearance stuff.

[quote name='alburitto']Just got back from target and picked up Zelda for 11.98.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere before just thought I'd letting everyone know.
Too good of a deal to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Where was this?! I would LOVE to get this for $12!!!

did you have to ask someone to ring it up for you? isn't this game locked up? I have been waiting on a deal for this.

For the rest of you, I wouldn't get your hopes up too much. This has been discussed in the Target thread, and Castlevania, Luigi's Mansion, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon are three other recent games that for some reason got dropped to this exact same price for a very short period of time in a very small amount of stores by accident.

Heads-up would be to call the store and see if they have these games in those prices. If so, THEN, visit. Best of luck guys.

[quote name='karyadi']Heads-up would be to call the store and see if they have these games in those prices. If so, THEN, visit. Best of luck guys.[/QUOTE]

Heads-up to that: Employees stash them for themselves. Go in there first. I suppose that I'll go tomorrow although that store has a reputation for wasting customer time.

Oh, and their expensive games are locked behind display shelves, so they may be gone if someone changes the price tag that applies to all items.

OP didn't mention if there was a tag or if he just randomly decided to check price.

does anyone know the dcpi? store I go to has annoying workers so I just enter the info at a scanner although never encountered any clearance

[quote name='mask.air.raid']Heads-up to that: Employees stash them for themselves. Go in there first. I suppose that I'll go tomorrow although that store has a reputation for wasting customer time.

Oh, and their expensive games are locked behind display shelves, so they may be gone if someone changes the price tag that applies to all items.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what store you go to, but mine doesn't do that. Hell, I'm the only one in electronics that isn't oblivious to what Nintendo games are. Some of you have the wrong ideas.

My advice is, you're wasting your time because it's a price error. If the OP could inform everyone else of his location, maybe that district area has some issues going on, just like issues with other games I mentioned before. I wouldn't waste gas on a lost cause.

[quote name='Hollywood']Don't know what store you go to, but mine doesn't do that. Hell, I'm the only one in electronics that isn't oblivious to what Nintendo games are. Some of you have the wrong ideas.

My advice is, you're wasting your time because it's a price error. If the OP could inform everyone else of his location, maybe that district area has some issues going on, just like issues with other games I mentioned before. I wouldn't waste gas on a lost cause.[/QUOTE]

yeah.. unfortunately it's a trend here on CAG to blame employees and soccer moms if someone can't find a clearance game mentioned, guess that's to be expected when you're dealing with a lot of twelve year olds...

My store actually has college students working there and they do know about the prices of the games.

I may go tomorrow because I have a lot of visits to make to places all over the city.

My bus fare already got paid - overpaid. I may as well use it.

[quote name='havuk']yeah.. unfortunately it's a trend here on CAG to blame employees and soccer moms if someone can't find a clearance game mentioned, guess that's to be expected when you're dealing with a lot of twelve year olds...[/QUOTE]

True I guess. All I really care about is my sections not getting wrecked before I leave. Sure, I'll notice some stuff sometimes on clearance I might buy, but I leave it there and pick it up at my break. Then again, I live a very minimalist lifestyle. I don't hoard stuff, I don't buy 3, 4 or something just because it's there. Guess that's the antithesis of a deals website though. :p

Gas just shot up here 30-40 cents the past week or so and I can't imagine it being better elsewhere, I'm just trying to inform that this YMMV may as well be turned into the mileage of the Sahara Desert because it's probably not going to be many places at all.

Also, as someone who had a 3DS last year, Best Buy had this new for $20 when I picked it up, it will hit that again at some point.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']the game is old so clearance may be likely for some stores. I just want to know who "clearance" in general happens.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo games hardly ever reach that stage though, especially a main franchise. Shoot, Super Mario 64 DS is STILL $30. That game came out like EIGHT years ago!

I did notice Golden Sun DS out of the depths of fucking nowhere show up in my store today in a case for $15. Sometimes shit will just sit back in the stock room or even out in the case behind another game that was "flexed" and then took over the spot.

[quote name='havuk']yeah.. unfortunately it's a trend here on CAG to blame employees and soccer moms if someone can't find a clearance game mentioned, guess that's to be expected when you're dealing with a lot of twelve year olds...[/QUOTE]

Because some employees actually do this. The same guy at my closest store for the span of a year would stash damn near everything decent that hit clearance. He even bragged about it sometimes.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Because some employees actually do this. The same guy at my closest store for the span of a year would stash damn near everything decent that hit clearance. He even bragged about it sometimes.[/QUOTE]
This.
I don't really think its wrong, but it happens, you cannot deny that.

[quote name='TooPoor']This.
I don't really think its wrong, but it happens, you cannot deny that.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it happens, but most really don't give a crap. And "stashing" only goes in so far as waiting for your lunch or break after you clock in to buy it. No one has a hoard pile locked up behind the shelves of all the stuff they saw cheap for two weeks, you'll never get me to believe that.

For those asking, the game was locked up and tagged for 11.98.
Thought it was too good to be true so I asked for a price check. Rang up at 11.98.

I live in Los Angeles and my local target is in Commerce in case anyone lives in the area wants to stop by.

[quote name='karyadi']Heads-up would be to call the store and see if they have these games in those prices. If so, THEN, visit. Best of luck guys.[/QUOTE]

amateur hour?

never call, be a cag and make the drive

If anyone cares, Ratchet and Clank All 4 one was ringing up at $5.98 today. Normally as an employee I would call this extremely YMMV, but the game was part of our most recent reset on the value video games with the $5.98 price printed on the label strip. Still YMMV, but you at have more luck than Zelda as that was ringing up at $39.99 today.

As for team members buying clearance stuff...I will put something to the side, to purchase on my next break, if it was already on the floor when I found it. I don't go el hoardo, but have witnessed other employees do that, which I despise. To help alleviate the issue I tend to only put out so many of a clearanced item so team members and resellers can't dominate.

[quote name='Hollywood'] No one has a hoard pile locked up behind the shelves of all the stuff they saw cheap for two weeks, you'll never get me to believe that.[/QUOTE]

Then you're naive and haven't been in retail long. Hiding things so they go through clearance cycles is as old as retail itself. Wise up.

[quote name='havuk']yeah.. unfortunately it's a trend here on CAG to blame employees, EL HOARDO, and soccer moms if someone can't find a clearance game mentioned, guess that's to be expected when you're dealing with a lot of twelve year olds...[/QUOTE]
Expanded on your excellent statement.

if an employee goes hoarding a clearanced item, isn't that against company policy or something? at any rate i'm pretty sure it makes you look suspicious to your employer.

I live two blocks from there. I posted this a few months ago it isn't a red sticker or on clearance it's a normal shelf tag.

[quote name='Hollywood']I'm sure it happens, but most really don't give a crap. And "stashing" only goes in so far as waiting for your lunch or break after you clock in to buy it. No one has a hoard pile locked up behind the shelves of all the stuff they saw cheap for two weeks, you'll never get me to believe that.[/QUOTE]

This.

Mostly because I used to work at Target and if you got caught stashing clearance stuff you get fired, it's considered theft because you're screwing the store out of potential profit if you're hiding the game to wait for further price drops.

[quote name='Nionel']This.

Mostly because I used to work at Target and if you got caught stashing clearance stuff you get fired, it's considered theft because you're screwing the store out of potential profit if you're hiding the game to wait for further price drops.[/QUOTE]

Still occurs all the time :/

Same with Gamestop, ahh well... I guess having a shitty boring low pay job should have a couple small perks.

[quote name='TheLounge']Still occurs all the time :/

Same with Gamestop, ahh well... I guess having a shitty boring low pay job should have a couple small perks.[/QUOTE]

It's not all the time, regardless of what you say. Otherwise people like the OP and the gazillion page Target Clearance thread wouldn't even exist, logically speaking. A small percent of the time? I'm sure some people, somewhere do it, it's not a company wide conspiracy though. No one really gives a crap most of the time.

[quote name='UberSwiss']If anyone cares, Ratchet and Clank All 4 one was ringing up at $5.98 today. Normally as an employee I would call this extremely YMMV, but the game was part of our most recent reset on the value video games with the $5.98 price printed on the label strip. Still YMMV, but you at have more luck than Zelda as that was ringing up at $39.99 today.
[/QUOTE]

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is also tagged at $5.98 in the value games section and seems to be chain-wide. I picked up a copy yesterday.

So, has anyone else found Zelda at that price before I make yet another trip to Target just to find out something is a YMMV deal at like 3 stores nationwide? :roll:

Amazing deal but I'd probably waste my time as usual going to my local Target. They tend to never have anything on clearance even for the games. I would have to have an employee scan it just to be sure.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places for the gaming deals. Instead of looking in the gaming section at my local Target, I'll look in the kids clothing department :bouncy:

Im here in El Paso TX going to try to go today. Ill report back. Also anyone else hate having to ask employees to scan the item to see how much it costs?

[quote name='Nionel']This.

Mostly because I used to work at Target and if you got caught stashing clearance stuff you get fired, it's considered theft because you're screwing the store out of potential profit if you're hiding the game to wait for further price drops.[/QUOTE]

Well clearly it is a thing that happens if they have a policy in place about it.

It's retail. Yes, maybe it's not really that common, but you still have those employees/managers that just don't care and allow it to happen. Probably not a widespread problem, but it is out there

[quote name='arkanoid251']Im here in El Paso TX going to try to go today. Ill report back. Also anyone else hate having to ask employees to scan the item to see how much it costs?[/QUOTE]

Ya, it's annoying. I always feel like I'm being a pest when I do it. But Zelda's still on the site, so you can write down the DCPI from the website and enter it in the scanners around the store yourself. Actually, here it is:
207-02-1331

Would recommend anyone in and around that area (City of Commerce) that wants to attempt to get in on this deal, buy one or more copies at another Target store that has it in stock and attempt a YMMV return/rebuy at the Commerce store, as it is now listed as out of stock at that store on the online inventory checker.

Good thing about this is that finally, at least one store in the LA area has/had one of these extreme YMMV Target clearance/discount prices. I didn't find any that had those crazy clearances on virtually brand new releases (Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Luigi's Mansion DM, Pokemon, etc.)

Had a copy, but then it burnt down with the rest of my house. Been waiting to get another copy when it's cheap- might got give a try on my lunch break, there's a target that's within walking distance. Will report back.

No go for me, actually talked to Target manager, and he scanned it through the case and it was still $39.99. He basically said its super YMMV to get ocarina for that price as its a hot game. Ill check back in a few days though to see if Ocarina became "un-hot"!

[quote name='Hollywood']Nintendo games hardly ever reach that stage though, especially a main franchise. Shoot, Super Mario 64 DS is STILL $30. That game came out like EIGHT years ago!
[/QUOTE]

Well people have mentioned other Nintendo games being clearanced. Some even saw Luigi's Mansion for $27

I checked my Target and of course msrp. The games on the side shelves (not the locked cases) I guess are "clearance" and value price - or pc games. I saw Halo (360 remake) with a clearance sticker for $20.xx. It didn't scan on the price scanner. Yeah nothing good here.

Tons of huntin' going on in this thread. Let us know if any of you find this:

[quote name='jonnysniper']I can't make this up guys
Pokemon mystery dungeon 10.48 and I got 10 dollar gift card for reserving Pokemon X for $1
nWm72A4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Tons of huntin' going on in this thread. Let us know if any of you find this:[/QUOTE]

Same with any Bioshock Infinites (regular or special edition), Tomb Raiders (regular or Target exclusive steelcases), Gow: Ascension, Castlevania 3DS, or Luigi's Mansion DMs on clearance :D

bread's done
Back