legend of zelda skyward sword limited edition 59.99

SenatorZelda

CAG Veteran
the legend of zelda skyward sword limited edition 59.99 is 59.99 (10.00 off for there after hours sale) until 10:00 september 26

it the one that comes with the gold wii mote with wii motion plus and music cd

just cancelled my best buy order when it was 10% off (63.99)

This is now the 2nd time i changed my order
originally ordered during e3 sale, then cancelled that item off my order to order at best buy because i realized i needed a wii motion plus. Now i reordered it at future shop

enjoy

Thank you for this information. This is the third time I have ordered this game. The first time was from Futureshop for the standard editon of the game back when it was announced during E3 and they had $10 off. Then at Best Buy when they had the Bundle for 10% off and now again and I hope this is the final time.

Tempting, but I'm going to keep my Bestbuy order (10% off) seeing as I also used my Zelda 3ds credit on it ($10) and now the website is showing the game as coming with 800 reward zone points.

I know I'll probably be super busy with Skyrim, but I'll just have to get this on launch day (i.e. Sunday). Gotta get it brick & mortar.

[quote name='dancrane212']Tempting, but I'm going to keep my Bestbuy order (10% off) seeing as I also used my Zelda 3ds credit on it ($10) and now the website is showing the game as coming with 800 reward zone points.[/QUOTE]
Same thing for me. After hearing that some people are getting FS shipments via purolator this makes paying $3 a little better since the closest purolator is about 30 minutes away. Hopefully that 800 bonus points applies to those who ordered it before it was added to the site as well.

[quote name='Shinn23']Same thing for me. After hearing that some people are getting FS shipments via purolator this makes paying $3 a little better since the closest purolator is about 30 minutes away. Hopefully that 800 bonus points applies to those who ordered it before it was added to the site as well.[/QUOTE]

Looks like we're in the clear.

Pre-order this game and get 800 Reward Zone Bonus Points!* ($10 Value)
*Reward Zone Bonus Points only valid on orders placed after July 22, 2010

(not sure 3$ off is worth switching back to future shop for)

1) Between FS and BB, which of them has the best packaging? Especially important for collector's editions...

2) What do you have to do to get reward zone points anyway? Do you have to sign up in-store? Is it a gimmick or actually worth it in the end? Thanks.

[quote name='jeffx'](not sure 3$ off is worth switching back to future shop for)

1) Between FS and BB, which of them has the best packaging? Especially important for collector's editions...

2) What do you have to do to get reward zone points anyway? Do you have to sign up in-store? Is it a gimmick or actually worth it in the end? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can sign up on that website if you want, you just need the number... it's a 10 dollar coupon you can use for purchases, has to be in store.... I generally just use them for psn cards (since there's a time limit and tax is not included etc on the coupons...)

my bad the year in the thing is 2010 so we preordered 2011 all good then...yeah digital dollars are alittle useful at times (when you wanna buy older games that you missed out on but heres the catch i think you gotta use coupon amounts under the total. Example: $9.99 game but you have $20 coupon i guess you have to get the total over $20) but suck at the same time because as Faytz says it will be applied after the product is rung up so you pay the taxes on the reg price and then you get the coupon deducted afterwards say... it still helps if this is the case its the same 49.99 but if bb gives 800 pts bb is slightly better

example: video game 29.99 + tax and then -$10 coupon ...

ARG me toooo cancelled at bb as well :( damned $3 savings! at least its 3 REAL DOLLARS SCREW THE 6 digital dollars :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy packaging sucks on anything that is in a box from my experience. They put it in a giant bubble wrap envelope which then gets the box crushed in the mail. I am not sure about Futureshop but I am hoping the packaging is better.

I wish Best Buy/Futureshop would do the 5$ pre-order, like other stores. I don't usually have the full payment on me.

You guys are getting me worried about the packaging! haha I can always cancel right?

Thing is...Uncharted 3, and many other titles, are bound to get $49.99 one-day/this weekend only deals on release, I reckon, and if you happen to miss out then this chance (well, it's expired already) is a good one to cash in on.

I'm kinda hoping for the same thing with Skyward Sword CE, because of the packaging issues you guys are talking about.

All online ordes from BB or FS ship from the same warehouse. So they use same envelope for all small item.

Edit: sometimes they do ship in small boxes too. For example external hard drives 5.25", those are shipped in boxes with some padding.

Last edited by a moderator:
packaging at futureshop is exactly the same as bestbuy... but my packages haven't gotten crushed yet...

[quote name='OmegaChaos']I wish Best Buy/Futureshop would do the 5$ pre-order, like other stores. I don't usually have the full payment on me.[/QUOTE]
Order online and they don't charge you anything til right before it ships. In store it's usually $10 to pre-order.

Well I would hope for this Zelda game, they'd have the decency to put it in a box...

anyway I switched Dark Souls and Zelda to FS... saving 7$ total ;)

Whoa!

smashsplash.jpg

I think I'm going to just pay that $10 and get in-store.

Yep, that makes sense. Same thing happened to me when I ordered that Black Ops 12 Months code with a T-Shirt. They put it in bubble wrap and the box ended up getting crushed. Same kind of thing happened when I ordered Red Steel 2 with Wii Motion Plus from Amazon.

After seeing this picture I may just cancel my pre-order. You would think they would realize they should use a BOX!

Isn't that just a review copy that somebody from Kotaku got? I'm sure the retail versions will be better. Hopefully they will be better anyways.

gah. this is exactly how I think Best Buy will ship it to me.

whatever, I'm sticking with my order and returning it first day if there's any imperfection.

[quote name='Shinn23']Isn't that just a review copy that somebody from Kotaku got? I'm sure the retail versions will be better. Hopefully they will be better anyways.[/QUOTE]

No, that looks exactly what I've expected the retail version to be packaged like (it even has a UPC barcode), just checkout any of the existing controller bundle games to see what we'll get. There's a reason I've skipped every single online "deal" that's come up.

Even Amazon.ca seems to have started using padded mailers with all their games. I've had to send back 2 of the last 3 paperboard boxed games I've ordered from them...

[quote name='jeffx']gah. this is exactly how I think Best Buy will ship it to me.

whatever, I'm sticking with my order and returning it first day if there's any imperfection.[/QUOTE]

It's how my wii sports resort came in. But somehow it survived the travel. I'm not sure how it'll fare the next time though :O

You assume stock will be plentiful with a Zelda LE...? Did you notice how hard it was to even get a copy of Ocarina 3D on release, and it wasn't even limited at all. Zelda has the single biggest fanboy base out of the entire video gaming community. Most likely, if you aren't pre-ordering, you aren't getting your hands on one. Exchanging something you might receive a week late seems improbable.

With this concern coming up I think I'll hold on to both my BB and FS pre-orders of the bundle. If one comes damaged I'll have an instant back up. I got one for $60 and one for $63, had planned to cancel the BB one.

bread's done
Back